New Kings Park Stadium

I can think of many away grounds where the away fans are not behind one of the goals. Middlesbrough, Leeds, Rotherham and Ipswich for starters.

some PL grounds you are stuck pretty much in in the corner, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man Utd for example. Wolves, Everton and Palace away fans are along the side.

Like someone had to actually pay for Jordon Ibe right ?

We both know that return on investment is a lot more lucrative when it comes to the performance of the team compared to the possible return available through stadium investment.

We've had the figures in the press this week - our matchday income is £5.4m or something only £2m-£3m less than clubs with twice our capacity. Finishing two places higher is worth more than a new ground to us.

So every club should keep a capacity fit for the fourth division?

I don't follow your logic. My point was that it's very easy for him to say that he doesn't care about not filling the ground if we go down. I tell you who does care - whoever it is that is going to fund the thing.

It's just a bit tiring listening to people agreeing over and over and over again that we want a new ground... and we don't care if it doesn't get filled if we go down. Isn't it a bit dismissive of the bloke who is going to throw his money down this money pit? It reminds me of people banging on about how players should show loyalty yet at the first hint of a loss of form they should be dumped.

We've had the figures in the press this week - our matchday income is £5.4m or something only £2m-£3m less than clubs with twice our capacity. Finishing two places higher is worth more than a new ground to us.

When competing against other clubs to sign the players that will add to our squad, size of crowd/ground may be a factor for some...

...although so could possibility of winning a cup:throw:

Time the club sold us TV season tickets then at £100 a pop! Complete with headset and microphone so that the lads can hear us all cheering from our screens at home!! Direct feed to the ground to help with the match day ambience!

:utc:

I don't follow your logic. My point was that it's very easy for him to say that he doesn't care about not filling the ground if we go down. I tell you who does care - whoever it is that is going to fund the thing.

It's just a bit tiring listening to people agreeing over and over and over again that we want a new ground... and we don't care if it doesn't get filled if we go down. Isn't it a bit dismissive of the bloke who is going to throw his money down this money pit? It reminds me of people banging on about how players should show loyalty yet at the first hint of a loss of form they should be dumped.
Its not that difficult. Every club probably cares about filling their ground, but they don't just throw in the towel and not bother.

Anyone nostalgic for a bit of stadium news:

Last edited:
We both know that return on investment is a lot more lucrative when it comes to the performance of the team compared to the possible return available through stadium investment.

I only deal in Jordon Ibes.....;)

A new ground is 4 Jordon Ibes

A state of the art academy is probably 1/2 a Jordon Ibe

If you're gonna tell the world you are going to build a new stadium you dont hide some BBC clap trap about attendances. I hate to say it but you werent here chewing the fat when we were sh ..it. When we are sh_t again you probably wont be here to defend why our shi t3 sided ground can't support a decent attendance against a top team when our sorry arses depend on it.

We need to get something out of this goldrush and at the moment we're being mugged off.

I only deal in Jordon Ibes.....;)

A new ground is 4 Jordon Ibes

A state of the art academy is probably 1/2 a Jordon Ibe

If you're gonna tell the world you are going to build a new stadium you dont hide some BBC clap trap about attendances. I hate to say it but you werent here chewing the fat when we were sh ..it. When we are sh_t again you probably wont be here to defend why our shi t3 sided ground can't support a decent attendance against a top team when our sorry arses depend on it.

We need to get something out of this goldrush and at the moment we're being mugged off.

You don't deal in Nathan Akes then? The actual player is not particularly relevant - it's investing in EH's judgement and it has been a very lucrative investment up until now. The best case scenario return rate for the ground would be a fraction of the return if anything.

I know we need to get something out of this - from a fans perspective we've all agreed time and time again that it is a good idea. Unfortunately that means sod all.

It doesn't matter to me what you believe but for what it's worth I've always been straight up about how long I've been going. I moved back to town in 2003 and have been going every week since then give or take. I only went to a handful of games in the 80s and 90s. I may stop going at some point if I move away but you're barking up the wrong tree if you're suggesting I decide to go based on how good we are. I was on rivals with the same username btw.

No because he's an appreciating asset....Ibe isn't

I just think we should all be singing from the same hymn sheet here and you've gone slightly wibble.

Exactly what difference does it make if we sing from the same hymn sheet?

Tbf I don't think people are listening to what I'm actually saying. What I'm saying is that I can understand why someone would be hesitant about sinking loads of cash in a new ground. What people appear to be hearing (reading) is that I don't want them to build a new ground - which is obviously not true.

Exactly what difference does it make if we sing from the same hymn sheet?

Tbf I don't think people are listening to what I'm actually saying. What I'm saying is that I can understand why someone would be hesitant about sinking loads of cash in a new ground. What people appear to be hearing (reading) is that I don't want them to build a new ground - which is obviously not true.

Hesitant ?

When he took on this project he knew damned well we needed a new ground, or at least increased capacity as we all did.

Who, max? Do you reckon he took on this project thinking he'd get AFCB to the prem?

The only 'in ' we had was UEL who said the goal was the PL every time more millions were pumped in. He did say it happened quicker than expected but he was clear then that the PL was the end game but naturally we all scoffed at it. Would it have happened without Eddie Howe, who knows.

When we were knocking on the door of the Championship capacity was discussed all of the time you may recall, we've been banging on about it for an eternity. Mitchell went so far as submitted drawings and plans for a new South stand.

Its not as if its suddenly become a 'thing'...its been in the background since Max rocked up. If he's hesitating then perhaps it was never in his agenda ..who knows, its all speculation.

The only 'in ' we had was UEL who said the goal was the PL every time more millions were pumped in. He did say it happened quicker than expected but he was clear then that the PL was the end game but naturally we all scoffed at it. Would it have happened without Eddie Howe, who knows.

When we were knocking on the door of the Championship capacity was discussed all of the time you may recall, we've been banging on about it for an eternity. Mitchell went so far as submitted drawings and plans for a new South stand.

Its not as if its suddenly become a 'thing'...its been in the background since Max rocked up. If he's hesitating then perhaps it was never in his agenda ..who knows, its all speculation.

Yeah we've been banging on about it - I think you may be right about Max. At first he probably thought there was no point - it's not like we needed a bigger ground even in the championship. Since then he probably looks at the numbers and can't see a worthwhile investment.

I am firmly in the 'believe it when I see it' camp - the delay and lack of information don't indicate that anyone who matters really wants it. I would like nothing more than to be proved wrong though.

;