New Kings Park Stadium

We've been lucky this year that we have qualified for the EFL Under 23 cup a, which provides us with a minimum of six games for fringe squad/under 23 players and we reached the quarter finals of the EFL cup which provided us with three more games plus we have tomorrows 3rd FA Cup games. So that is ten games which if we exited the EFL and FA Cups we would have had just two games.

I think it is vital that we develop the training ground to achieve CAT 2 status and be able to play regular PL 2 games for our promising youngsters and fringe players. It would be more of a selling point for our Academy and we wouldn't have to send our Under 23 players out on loan.
I've been one of the biggest critics of the club re not going ahead with the stadium but today we should be celebrating 2 positive signings at the beginning of January.

No way on this planet are we going to get £30 mlll for Callum!!I
He worth £20 mill or less...come on! And ...Chelsea are Not going to Not Rip us off are they..come on?

Oh no ! Don’t get me started on this....I have a reading between the lines scenario all sorted out in my head!
:blah::blah: :chill:

Getting like NSC on here. Would somebody confirm that:

- Callum has a release clause in his contract, triggered by a Chelsea bid?
- That his contract is due to expire imminently?
- That he's desperate to leave?

Shortly after he arrived from Coventry, there was a risk he would leave, as his wife was very homesick (is there a liason officer at the club who helps the families of new signings, so spouses don't sit on trains on their mobile phones, saying how unhappy they are in Bournemouth and miss their friends and family back home?)

He's playing for England, whilst at Bournemouth. Aside from European football, possible medals, what difference will it make if he goes? Has he ever come out and said, he wants to leave so he can play European football?

Massive thread-drift, then again, I'm not feeling well, so fully justified.

The Stadium and training ground is never happening so it's just to best to accept it at this point and not expect anything ever again from the club. Unless Qatar buy us we are merely an instrument for investment in the most famous league in the world and the off field staff who have lied and betrayed the fans can continue to bribe Eddie with signings like today and some fans will accept. It's a shame so many have such little faith in the catchment area Bournemouth has but our only legacy will be Eddie and the memories. no infrastructure and it's sad.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Stadium and training ground is never happening so it's just to best to accept it at this point and not expect anything ever again from the club. Unless Qatar buy us we are merely an instrument for investment in the most famous league in the world and the off field staff who have lied and betrayed the fans can continue to bribe Eddie with signings like today and some fans will accept. It's a shame so many have such little faith in the catchment area Bournemouth has but our only legacy will be Eddie and the memories. no infrastructure and it's sad.

Our/Eddie's Premier League legacy will be a few dozen books and a rent we can never afford to pay.

What’s all this legacy talk?
If we continue to splash the cash, we will be hanging around the premier league for quite a while.
Not so long ago Al was telling us we were skint!

That just about sums it up, really really sad. After all we've only waited for 100 years to get this far.

What’s all this legacy talk?
If we continue to splash the cash, we will be hanging around the premier league for quite a while.
Not so long ago Al was telling us we were skint!

Don't go all Minty on me. I said what the debt was. If we want to increase that debt, let them get on with it.

However, the option the club has taken is to maintain the squad to keep us in the PL for as long as possible, with little improvement to off field infrastructure.

I know, and you know, that when relegation does happen (Hopefully a long way away before the usual suspects jump on that statement), that will be it, and all we will have is memories and an 11,000 seater stadium.

And that is sad.

We were told by some on here that the lack of the stadium and training ground would see Eddie moving on and no decent players wanting to come here and play.

The signing of Solanke [ and Clyne to a lesser extent being on loan ] shows that is not really the case. A long term contract for a young player, among many others the same.

Eddie will know exactly what is happening behind the scenes and sadly, we don't. For better or worse. We would all love to know more of course but Eddie is the most important person to have the information. And while he remains in charge, players will want to play for him, in this stadium if needs be.

The buck stops with the owners. I'm not sure why people are blaming club staff for anything in relation to the stadium other than the appalling lack of communication.

Don't go all Minty on me. I said what the debt was. If we want to increase that debt, let them get on with it.

However, the option the club has taken is to maintain the squad to keep us in the PL for as long as possible, with little improvement to off field infrastructure.

I know, and you know, that when relegation does happen (Hopefully a long way away before the usual suspects jump on that statement), that will be it, and all we will have is memories and an 11,000 seater stadium.

And that is sad.
With 5000 supporters in it

The buck stops with the owners. I'm not sure why people are blaming club staff for anything in relation to the stadium other than the appalling lack of communication.
I agree with that, no excuse for it either! Just goes to show the contempt they treat us with.

The next test will come when (inevitably) big clubs come along and snap up one or two of our players. For arguments sake, we get 55m in the summer for Wilson and Ake.

Does all 55m go straight to Eddie for replacements, or do the board take the opportunity and give Eddie 20m, and stash 35m away for our off pitch projects.

Last edited:
Eddie and our club keep surprising us with pulling players out of the hat. Amongst them:

This season Brooks and Lerma, now Solanke and Clyne, time will tell re Solanke.

Begovic and Ake

Then going back Arter and Pugh.

;