New Kings Park Stadium

Planning stage passed !.....so....so?...where diggerman man ? n' man wot draws lines on dirt man....and uvver mans wot tears about wiv mobile shouting at dat diggermans..and run about wiv dem cone fings like what they done up Canford before dat diggerman chased off dem fat sheeps.. after photo man photo sheep for Welshman dirty Mag ..big dosh contract. sheepman agent go court? ....tie up f' kin tape roun conker tree ..look like trainin ground for wee man football man run fast innit?
Too many walk dog man walk doggies...come back ..say Stadium! Stadium next big fingy?

Last edited:
Well the clock is ticking. The 25 year lease S&L of Dean Court was completed in December 2005. so 14 years gone, 11 to go. If we are still discussing the possibility of a new ground in 3 or 4 years time on this forum then the pressure of having to do something will be really ramping up.

Can someone remind me why we didn't develope the south end ?which is land that we still own I believe. Did Structadene put a block on it ?

No **** sherlock. You're sounding like Jim.

You seem to be trying to make the point that no stadium (or sports facility) is worth building. For an 'expert' in this area I'm quite surprised.

Well what was your point? If the stadium is worth less than it costs to build it doesn't matter what other assets are worth. I know its obvious but you asked the question.

Anything is worth building if you can pay for it. Either by return on investment or by someone funding the shortfall out of pocket.

Well what was your point? If the stadium is worth less than it costs to build it doesn't matter what other assets are worth. I know its obvious but you asked the question.

Anything is worth building if you can pay for it. Either by return on investment or by someone funding the shortfall out of pocket.
Pretty obvious really. Property sells for more than the cost of building it. So why are stadiums immune from that kind of situation? Because you constantly bang on about our stadium not being worth the build.

Pretty obvious really. Property sells for more than the cost of building it. So why are stadiums immune from that kind of situation? Because you constantly bang on about our stadium not being worth the build.

If the value of the stadium was more than it cost to build they'd already have built it.

Commercial property sells for the capitalised income stream. The yield is the percentage used to capitalise that income stream. A relatively risk free property such as an Oxford Street shop (arguably) will have a low yield percentage 4%-5%, which means these properties sell for 20x annual rental income. A football ground isn't an Oxford Street shop and any rational investor would want over 10% yield. The cost of our ground can't be offset by land sales or any flats/commercial units, which is probably why it wouldn't be worth as much as the build costs.

A simple end to this thread is...."There is nothing in the pipeline".
Training facility sounds fab, but how will we attract the future stars with a crap stadium?

5 years on, in the greatest period in our history, we have done next to jack sheet!

Shameful.

Still, £7,9M a year is spent on board members wages.
But we had to move the training facility to build a new stadium, I agree with you it's taking it's time though. But we'll see happens, whatever I've had a great time watching us in the premier league though, which I never thought I'd see.

Training facility sounds fab, but how will we attract the future stars with a crap stadium?

5 years on, in the greatest period in our history, we have done next to jack sheet!

Shameful.

al how does our board members wages compare to other teams? are we above average, on par or below average?

Shameful.

£1.7 million actually. It is in the most recent set of annual accounts published on the Companies House website. Here is the relevant extract.

7DACE6B6-CA91-4F07-BDFA-53943E1CCF72.jpeg

Well the clock is ticking. The 25 year lease S&L of Dean Court was completed in December 2005. so 14 years gone, 11 to go. If we are still discussing the possibility of a new ground in 3 or 4 years time on this forum then the pressure of having to do something will be really ramping up.

That only increases pressure on SD not on us. Dean Court II is quite the white elephant without an AFC Bournemouth inside it

Can someone remind me why we didn't develope the south end ?which is land that we still own I believe. Did Structadene put a block on it ?

Neil Blake stated that they had looked into developing the South End and it wasn’t cost effective. He also wasn’t keen on developing an asset that they mostly don’t own.
Shortsighted in my view - but his mind isn’t for changing.

Just something Al said above caught my eye. What does everyone think is more attractive to players, new training facility or big stadium?
For me if I'm a player it would be the comforts and tech of the training facility where I'd be spending most of time. The stadium is clearly for matchday atmosphere, tv, sponsors, hospitality etc.

;