New Kings Park Stadium

We may have struggled to hit 10k last season in the declared attendance but since we don't count no-shows that doesn't mean a lot. I don't think there was a single unsold ticket for the league games. I know how hard it was for me to get tickets for me and the kids when we came over.

Demand isn't static - just because average attendances over the past 10 years have been x'000, doesn't mean it'll always stay that way.

Americans are past masters when it comes to the arts of marketing and advertising, i.e. creating and stimulating demand. I can't imagine that Bill would spend £100 million+ on building a fantastic new venue without thinking of ways to fill it every week.

Wow, some of the numbers for capacity mentioned on here are very optimistic , imo . I just don't see us filling 25k even with increased away supporterd. Just last season we were struggling to hit 10,000 . Our championship winning season was about 9,500 average. I can see the bigger clubs attracting bigger numbers , your Man City and Man Utd for example but that's down to a/ who they are and b/ pesky away supporters living in this area getting into the home seats. Does anyone really think Wolves at home on a Tuesday in January is going to pull in 25k? Cloud cuckoo land. As much as we would like to believe it we just dont have a large core of supporters . Laugh if you like but 17/18k with potential to extend to 20k would probably suffice

Every single game sold out last season. In fact every single game has sold out since about midway through the first championship promotion season.

There are only going to be three rounds of midweek matches in the Premier League next season, so attracting X ‘000 to watch Wolves on a Tuesday night is not really the issue.

I agree that filling a larger ground in the event of relegation would be a challenge.

Wow, some of the numbers for capacity mentioned on here are very optimistic , imo . I just don't see us filling 25k even with increased away supporterd. Just last season we were struggling to hit 10,000 . Our championship winning season was about 9,500 average. I can see the bigger clubs attracting bigger numbers , your Man City and Man Utd for example but that's down to a/ who they are and b/ pesky away supporters living in this area getting into the home seats. Does anyone really think Wolves at home on a Tuesday in January is going to pull in 25k? Cloud cuckoo land. As much as we would like to believe it we just dont have a large core of supporters . Laugh if you like but 17/18k with potential to extend to 20k would probably suffice

Take Wigan - a traditional Rugby League town in an area surrounded by Premier League giants. Sub-2,000 crowds in the nineties. Took 8,000 to Wembley the year after we took 32,000. They build a fancy new stadium, get to the top flight and could regularly get 20,000 crowds.

But Bournemouth, in one of the biggest conurbations in England, with no Premier League club in 100 miles...yeah, we'll get less than Wigan.

If you get 15,000 to watch Wolves on a Tuesday in January and 25,000 to watch ManU on the Saturday, you don't need a 20,000 capacity stadium, you need 25,000 : )

Then Bill and his marketers need to fill it on the least "interesting" matchdays. He'll never know if he can fill a 25,000 stadium if he only builds a 17,000 one : )

Take Wigan - a traditional Rugby League town in an area surrounded by Premier League giants. Sub-2,000 crowds in the nineties. Took 8,000 to Wembley the year after we took 32,000. They build a fancy new stadium, get to the top flight and could regularly get 20,000 crowds.

But Bournemouth, in one of the biggest conurbations in England, with no Premier League club in 100 miles...yeah, we'll get less than Wigan.

Tbf they've only averaged 20,000 once and that was their first season in the PL. They averaged 16,000 - 19,000 in the PL and that was with a massive 5,000 away end that was full a lot of the time. Like Blackburn their ground is way too big for them.

There is a common theme running through these varied conversations / speculations and hopes. In this day and age of competing for entertainment dollars (pounds), you have to provide several things.

An entertainment experience - a good team in the Premier League almost guarantees that, without thinking of any ancillary shows, fights, festivals or concerts.
A comfortable destination - uninterrupted sightlines of the event, an excellent sound system, cushioned seats because this is a 2 - 2.5 hour experience.
Concessions, I have been to many North American stadia and the customer focus has been on covered concourses filled with food vendors offering snacks, beverages - including alcohol - from a global cornucopia of options.
Souvenir shops, photograph opportunity, walls adorned with oversize pictures of legendary players. (yes we have some of those today)
Washrooms which are clean, hygienic, and easily accessible for all - even large crowds.
A simple ticketing process coupled with hassle-free ground entry points.
A simple and inexpensive way to get to the event, Either planned car-parking or public transport including for those less ambulatory.

The more welcoming and attractive the venue, the more casual visitors will attend. Make it too difficult and there are plenty of other places for them to spend their entertainment funds.

Bill Foley is a greatly experienced business man with a long-term vision for his group of sports companies. He knows what he needs to provide now and into the future. You may argue with me, but a stadium which holds up to 30,000 people either now or through a later expansion is what I'm looking for.
Knowing that I am guaranteed an opportunity to buy a ticket, and the ground is easy to get to, and meets my food and comfort needs, will encourage me, and maybe Toronto John and others to pop-over and take-in a game.

It's not just about a larger stadium guys, and it is not about catering to the male population, this has to become a viable place for a family outing - affordable, safe and fun.

I'm really not sure why this capacity discussion is continuing
we all want a bigger stadium
bill wants a bigger stadium with more premium seats
he will research the crap out of what best fits his requirements to get more people to games whilst generating maximum income, notwithstanding planning restrictions
he's a vey successful businessman
getting things like this right is what he does

If you look just at the BCP conurbation it is 460,000, the 13th largest in England. Larger than Teesside, Sunderland and Stoke. Slightly smaller than Brighton and Leicester. Now look at the average attendances of those teams. I know there is more heritage for some of those teams but the stadium could be there in a generation or two’s time. We have to plan for the future not the past.

I don't understand where everyone is getting their numbers from. I'd people believe that we could command crowds of 25k that would mean the club are getting 13,000 calls every other Saturday when returned tickets are put on resale . I doubt very much they are . The conurbation may be large but that doesn't mean support for the club is or perhaps the wishful thinking is that everyone in BCP supports AFCB and noone else . Those fans travelling to st Mary's from Poole train station I saw regularly must have been a figment of my imagination. It would be wonderful to think that the ' tinpot' Cherries will be moving into a state of the art 25-30k stadium but the reality would be a lot of empty seats or kids for a quid to fill it . The interest is there because the club is currently in the PL .Ridicule me for my views if you want but 18k with potential to extend would suffice.

I don't understand where everyone is getting their numbers from. I'd people believe that we could command crowds of 25k that would mean the club are getting 13,000 calls every other Saturday when returned tickets are put on resale . I doubt very much they are . The conurbation may be large but that doesn't mean support for the club is or perhaps the wishful thinking is that everyone in BCP supports AFCB and noone else . Those fans travelling to st Mary's from Poole train station I saw regularly must have been a figment of my imagination. It would be wonderful to think that the ' tinpot' Cherries will be moving into a state of the art 25-30k stadium but the reality would be a lot of empty seats or kids for a quid to fill it . The interest is there because the club is currently in the PL .Ridicule me for my views if you want but 18k with potential to extend would suffice.
I think your assertion that resales "mean that the club are getting 13,000 calls..." is ridiculous. Many people simply will not bother.

As David said, the club would probably begin a much wider campaign. Right now those fair weather St Marys lot have no chance of going elsewhere.

I think your assertion that resales "mean that the club are getting 13,000 calls..." is ridiculous. Many people simply will not bother.

As David said, the club would probably begin a much wider campaign. Right now those fair weather St Marys lot have no chance of going elsewhere.
Also many people don't want to go to football on their own (which is what buying a returned ticket generally means), they want to go with their family and friends. These people aren't going to try and get a single return on match day but they would probably be interested if they could buy tickets to go together.

Is dynamic ticket pricing legal in the UK? I'm not sure how well it would work for the relative few matches of football compared to baseball games, but it seems like it would help put people in seats when the marquee opponents are not visiting.

Is dynamic ticket pricing legal in the UK? I'm not sure how well it would work for the relative few matches of football compared to baseball games, but it seems like it would help put people in seats when the marquee opponents are not visiting.

Some clubs do Gold, Silver and Bronze pricing.

Remember Southampton did it one season.

Gold was Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal, Liverpool and… us… despite not caring about us.

Not sure if it's legal but it would be horrible. It'd be used to push up the ticket prices rather than reduce them.

Some clubs do Gold, Silver and Bronze pricing.

Remember Southampton did it one season.

Gold was Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal, Liverpool and… us… despite not caring about us.

We've done it in the past.

;