New Kings Park Stadium

Sounds a bit out of date to me. A bit of a space filler of an article perhaps ?

Both Bill and Jim have already intimated in separate interviews that a redevelopment of the current stadium is off the cards. At least that's how I have interpreted it.

Logistically, playing at DC whilst the new stadium is being built next door is a much easier option all round. No compromises need to be made. It can be made exactly to fit its intended purpose.
We seem to be going full steam ahead to get things moved over to Canford, presumably to free up the space for a new build stadium using the athletics track.

Even if Structadene were suddenly prepared to sell DC for a fair price, I think the logistics of tarting up DC whilst in use and the inevitable compromises we'd have to make would make it the least preferred option.

I suppose the situation is slightly fluid. A lot depends on the planning department, what they will allow us to do and how keen Structadene are to offload the ground. These things can change from time to time but my feeling is that a new stadium is still by far the preferred option.

Sounds a bit out of date to me. A bit of a space filler of an article perhaps ?

Both Bill and Jim have already intimated in separate interviews that a redevelopment of the current stadium is off the cards. At least that's how I have interpreted it.

Logistically, playing at DC whilst the new stadium is being built next door is a much easier option all round. No compromises need to be made. It can be made exactly to fit its intended purpose.
We seem to be going full steam ahead to get things moved over to Canford, presumably to free up the space for a new build stadium using the athletics track.

Even if Structadene were suddenly prepared to sell DC for a fair price, I think the logistics of tarting up DC whilst in use and the inevitable compromises we'd have to make would make it the least preferred option.

I suppose the situation is slightly fluid. A lot depends on the planning department, what they will allow us to do and how keen Structadene are to offload the ground. These things can change from time to time but my feeling is that a new stadium is still by far the preferred option.
I think I recall also hearing that redevelopment of DC was the more expensive route (guessing per seat) and would take longer to do... I guess a lot more logistics involved in it as we'd be playing there and redeveloping ...

I think I recall also hearing that redevelopment of DC was the more expensive route (guessing per seat) and would take longer to do... I guess a lot more logistics involved in it as we'd be playing there and redeveloping ...
Yes, sounds like a nightmare logistically, particularly these days with all of the health and safety hoops you'd have to jump through to let the public into what is essentially a building site !

I can't see it happening, unless of course the council are suddenly being obstructive about a new stadium or Structadene have decided to cash their chips while they still can and have made us an interesting offer.

How feasible would it be to keep the current site, obvious re purchase, then start a new build. A new south stand and main stand to the south and west of the current site, much larger with infilled corner. Then during close season demolish current stadium, relay turf and start on the two remaining sides. By doing this you are effectively dragging the site away from the housing which had height restrictions in place. No need then to find a location for the athletics track.

How feasible would it be to keep the current site, obvious re purchase, then start a new build. A new south stand and main stand to the south and west of the current site, much larger with infilled corner. Then during close season demolish current stadium, relay turf and start on the two remaining sides. By doing this you are effectively dragging the site away from the housing which had height restrictions in place. No need then to find a location for the athletics track.
How much would it cost to buy the houses and effectively remove the problem?

If the current Dean Court became available, and Foley was really serious about moving the Women up the pyramid and towards the WSL. A permanent home for the women would be quite a statement.

Plus additional hospitality options on a match day for the new ground.

Wouldn’t need all 3 permanent stands so a rejig and build the athletics track there as well?

;