New Kings Park Stadium

I doubt that soon, but could be wrong. I'd expect Canford completed by the start of next season, freeing up the training area to start the new athletics complex and stadium

billythekid - 13/2/2018 14:11

The club have also said they would fund a new Athletic’s Stadium.

So why make that offer if they are not going to build a New Stadium.

Why build this new complex at Canford if we were not thinking ambitiously to the future and a new stadium in KP?

Canford was only about £7m wasn't it? Can easily be covered by PL money over a couple of seasons.

The stadium however? People are talking like they'll make the money back within a couple of years. It will take 20 years to make the money back if we don't get relegated at any point.

Regardless of whether they think about relegation or not, as a lender are you willing to wait 20 years to see a return on your investment for such a large amount of money? There are simply better options out there, especially if he doesn't feel he'll be here in 20 years.

Silent AFCB - 13/2/2018 12:39

billythekid - 13/2/2018 14:11

The club have also said they would fund a new Athletic’s Stadium.

So why make that offer if they are not going to build a New Stadium.

Why build this new complex at Canford if we were not thinking ambitiously to the future and a new stadium in KP?

Canford was only about £7m wasn't it? Can easily be covered by PL money over a couple of seasons.

The stadium however? People are talking like they'll make the money back within a couple of years. It will take 20 years to make the money back if we don't get relegated at any point.

Regardless of whether they think about relegation or not, as a lender are you willing to wait 20 years to see a return on your investment for such a large amount of money? There are simply better options out there, especially if he doesn't feel he'll be here in 20 years.

It doesn't stack up financially, but surely this would be more of a legacy thing with Max?

I'm happy with the Max Demin Arena if that's what gets it built.

After same number of games last season we were in 14th place and 5 points from relegation. We were also 17 points behind 7th place. We ended up 9th.

At present we are in 10th place, 5 points from relegation, but 5 points behind 7th place.

So when do you think of investing in a new stadium?

billythekid - 13/2/2018 13:01

After same number of games last season we were in 14th place and 5 points from relegation. We were also 17 points behind 7th place. We ended up 9th.

At present we are in 10th place, 5 points from relegation, but 5 points behind 7th place.

So when do you think of investing in a new stadium?

About 3 years ago....

clintclease - 13/2/2018 11:47

The word put out by the club last year was that planning permission would be applied for fairly early in 2018.

I would have hoped at least a planning application would have gone in by now. It will still take months after that to deal with the complaints from the NIMBYs before permission is granted. Maybe the club is trying to iron out all the major issues, in conjunction with the council, before any official application is made?

Just to get to the stage where the Council are happy to talk about the site and the possibility privately, let alone publicly comment on it as they have done, must mean some fairly reasonable plans have been passed under their nose and discussed.

I'd all like to see a proper planning application go in as soon as is possible, obviously. The summer 2020 time-frame seems completely unfeasible at this point, and that will slip further the longer it takes to get an application in.

We saw the depth of detail in the training ground application, the drawings, descriptions, support documentation, it was very extensive. As a result it all passed fairly uneventfully. It must have taken a fair bit of time (and money ) to put all that together. I imagine the application for the stadium will involve a whole load more time, detail and money than that one did!

I'm sure I've read before the timeframe was for planning permission to be in by Sep 2018 with the actual work itself to start in Autumn 2019. That then gives best part of 2 years to get the stadium ready for the start of 2021/22 season.

If anything has changed in the meantime then I'm not sure, but if the above timeframe is accurate, certainly nothing so far would give cause for concern regarding meeting these targets.

Some of us will carry on supporting anything kicking a ball in the name of Boscombe or whatever in a park .....or on a beach - shouting from Red and Black rowing boats and Beach Huts!

If Eddie stays I'm as sure as I ever have been it's going to happen! A lot the middle road premiership clubs managers jobs have come up recently, why would he stay if he didn't see the club progressing?

BillMcgarrycherry - 13/2/2018 11:05

KBG could be right ! Hope not but how can we be positive unless we a are given a positive communication to hang from! People like Rob T. who thunder around cold Yorkshire Towns in
Wheelchairs giving unparralled support deserve more!

Appreciate the sentiment Bill, but there are way more deserving fans. Besides, when you've watched games in grounds in the seventies, almost anything is a vast improvement!

Seems pretty pointless building a state of the art training centre and clearly committing the funds to it, but then not to push on and build the new stadium.

I thought the Yanks now had majority share over Demin anyway?

Matchday turnover from corporate hospitality could bring in something silly like a million a match in the prem if the facilities are right.

I also think that it’s credible to assume Eddie will only commit to staying at the helm if New stadium is built.

ajp28 - 13/2/2018 17:33

Seems pretty pointless building a state of the art training centre and clearly committing the funds to it, but then not to push on and build the new stadium.

I thought the Yanks now had majority share over Demin anyway?

Matchday turnover from corporate hospitality could bring in something silly like a million a match in the prem if the facilities are right.

Think they have 25%.

mark pike - 13/2/2018 17:50

Have they put a spade in the ground at the new training site yet?

Yes and no, I took a chap to Canford Magna last week who was taking soil samples.
So yes they probably have a spade in the ground but not digging the foundations yet! :grin:

He did say due to the amount of gravel there the drainage should be really good.

;