New Kings Park Stadium

Certainly the possibility of using the indoor facility early if outdoor training becomes an issue with the weather.

All the players have got big land rovers so they’re well prepared. :)

If the current Dean Court became available, and Foley was really serious about moving the Women up the pyramid and towards the WSL. A permanent home for the women would be quite a statement.

Plus additional hospitality options on a match day for the new ground.

Wouldn’t need all 3 permanent stands so a rejig and build the athletics track there as well?
I was thinking just the same thing. Could keep the main stand, remove the other 2 and would that then give enough room for a second pitch with a running track?

As much as I'd love us to remain at DC, the more you think about it, the more it makes complete sense to move across the park. If the council are still on board with it, it's a ready made replacement site... Keeps the football club in its historical home and takes the ground away from the houses a bit more... As mentioned earlier on, I am sure also that Jim/Bill mentioned redevelopment of DC would be both financially and time-wise, more of a struggle.

You'd like to think, given we could be less than 12 months way from contractors moving in, that we're pretty darn close to a decision, and if it is to build new, then I would have thought that designs are at a very mature stage... As in not just on Bill's desk, but chosen, tweaked and approaching final stages (hopefully for fan consultation).

The longer we go on with nothing, the more one might consider that discussions are ongoing with structadene??? October was seen as the date the first team would be vacating Kings Park to move over to Canford... Appreciate there a lots of plates to spin in this process, but If that date still holds true, you'd like to think the diggers will move in around that time also... Are we still responsible for moving the athletics track? That surely has to be done before anything can start...?
I think (for what it’s worth) that if you look at the 2 current stadium expansions being built at the moment; being Fulham and Liverpool then neither got delivered on budget or on time. Is that stand at Craven Cottage even being used yet???

Throw into the mix Everton’s 10 points deduction which was mainly from my reading for fiddling the accounting on their stadium build and it becomes obvious that Foley and co need to be REALLY careful here

If the money is there start again buy the Athletics track knock it down, same angle as DC use car park and training land. That steep grassy hill would probably need some work on it which may make it look a bit unnatural but if we stay we won't get permission for more than 16k. Current DC was built cheap, not too fond of it as it never got a 4 stand finish.
My understanding was that BCP would give us the Athletics track land as it is council owned, on the proviso we provide suitable new home for Bournemouth Athletics... But agree... Build from scratch has to be the preferred option...

I was thinking just the same thing. Could keep the main stand, remove the other 2 and would that then give enough room for a second pitch with a running track?

Remember you’d have to buy the stadium first. And, even if there was space, the track would be very close to housing. Given it is floodlit, used frequently in the evenings during the summer, has PA announcements during meetings etc that wouldn’t be ideal. Also, the preferred orientation for an Athletics track is east/west (as now) so that the prevailing wind blows down the home straight.

Better to use another site in the park, probably provided free by the Council on a long lease, further away from housing and less likely to inflame the Nimby lobby.

Last edited:
If the money is there start again buy the Athletics track knock it down, same angle as DC use car park and training land. That steep grassy hill would probably need some work on it which may make it look a bit unnatural but if we stay we won't get permission for more than 16k. Current DC was built cheap, not too fond of it as it never got a 4 stand finish.

Completely agree. The current DC is crap. The seating is cramped and not up to modern standards. The majority of disabled spaces are in the main walkways which is completely unsatisfactory. It's also not very flexible if you want to give a smaller or larger away allocation.

I'll believe it when I'm sat in it but if they can pull off a move to the athletics track I'd be over the moon. It is still essentially AFCBs spiritual home and would be so much better than any other possible location.

My understanding was that BCP would give us the Athletics track land as it is council owned, on the proviso we provide suitable new home for Bournemouth Athletics... But agree... Build from scratch has to be the preferred option...
Council would be best served selling it to us, we could could get it good price, relocate them and we own training pitches and car park, it is the most sensible way for a fresh start 25k stadum with no nousing objections or paying structadene 50m to buy it back, current DC will get 15.16k max too many hurdles. The ground is bad, it was built cheap/incompleted and at a very different time, Best of should just spending more and building from scratch with a purchase of Athletics track and use of our owned training pitches, car park to build on it. DC is not worth saving, our past haunts us, but its so close to homes it;s not worth trying to expand it. We should go deep into Kings Park and make use of all land we own once training ground is done.

• Plan is to start building new 18,500-capacity stadium in 2025
They hope to move into their new training facility next October and to begin work on a new stadium, on the site of their existing training base which is adjacent to their current ground, the following year.

“I don’t believe we can get the stadium under way until probably 2025,” Foley said. “If we accomplish that then we could be finished by possibly the summer of 2027. That would be perfect and ready for the 2027-28 season. That is probably our goal, our target. The current plan is for it to be 18,500 in capacity, which doesn’t sound that big an increase, but it is going to have the right hospitality, the right restaurants and it is going to be a major upgrade.”

• Plan is to start building new 18,500-capacity stadium in 2025
They hope to move into their new training facility next October and to begin work on a new stadium, on the site of their existing training base which is adjacent to their current ground, the following year.

“I don’t believe we can get the stadium under way until probably 2025,” Foley said. “If we accomplish that then we could be finished by possibly the summer of 2027. That would be perfect and ready for the 2027-28 season. That is probably our goal, our target. The current plan is for it to be 18,500 in capacity, which doesn’t sound that big an increase, but it is going to have the right hospitality, the right restaurants and it is going to be a major upgrade.”

Yep. It sounds like tarting up the current stadium is no longer an option.

It's now all about getting the training ground finished and getting stuff moved over there, to open up the space for the new build.

2027 seems like a long time to wait but he strikes me as the kind of guy who wants it done right, rather than quick.

So I guess I'll just have to be patient ( and try not to die in the meantime :ROFLMAO: )

I was thinking about this post before the game looking around knowing just how many people would love to be there. But lack of capacity, complicated ticket system etc puts many off or shuts them out.

I know it’s back of a beer mat maths but it is something I hadn’t thought about until the whole 18% required solely for hospitality came up.

20,000 seater, 2,000 for the away fans, 3,600 for hospitality. Would see 14,400 “normal home fan” seats.

Current situation, is 11,100 seater. 1,200 for away fans, 666 for hospitality. Sees about 9,200 “normal home fan” seats.

So an increase of 5,000 for the “normal fan”?

So an updated version of the previous back of a beer mat maths…

18,500 seater, 1,850 for the away fans, 3,330 for hospitality. Would see 13,320 “normal home fan” seats.

Current situation, is 11,100 seater. 1,200 for away fans, 666 for hospitality. Sees about 9,200 “normal home fan” seats.

So an increase of 4,120 for the “normal fan”?

So while the decrease from 20,000 might seem underwhelming, the impact on the normal home match day capacity isn’t dramatically different.

A few things come to mind on that.

It could be expectation management, i.e. they say it's going to be 18,500 then when it's officially announced at 21,000 everyone is delighted at a capacity they would have been underwhelmed by if just announced from the start.

It could be a foot-in-the-door initial capacity to satisfy planners with easy potential for increase like at Brighton. Open it with limited capacity then apply for more when the neighbours can see it's not causing major problems.

It could be part of his revenue maximising plan. Keep limited availability so that prices can be kept high abd there is still demand for expensive corporate seats. Obviously this version would be disappointing to say the least.

You’d imagine any new build would be done with expansion further down the line in thought.

18,500 or 20,000 there isn’t that much difference in either regular home match seats or hospitality. It’s a good starting point.

A finish of summer 2027 is also good to hear.

So an updated version of the previous back of a beer mat maths…

18,500 seater, 1,850 for the away fans, 3,330 for hospitality. Would see 13,320 “normal home fan” seats.

So an increase of 4,120 for the “normal fan”?

So while the decrease from 20,000 might seem underwhelming, the impact on the normal home match day capacity isn’t dramatically different.

Similar to Brentford who had the same concerns (17,250) they have 2930 hospitality now called 'premium seats'. Their plan was for 20k but was restricted for various reasons due to location / developers / potential cashflow.

It's probably where the club is although 20k seems more like it, hopefully room for expansion if necessary.

Is this allocation of hospitality speculation?
Seems a bit high considering the proposed capacity, I realise Foley is big on this sector.
Would be nice to see plans for this stadium, if there are any yet.

Edit To say, sorry just seen the ‘beer mat maths’ DJ.

;