New Kings Park Stadium

I still don't buy this having too much capacity argument. How is having a bigger stadium than needed a burden? Once it's built and paid for it's built and paid for. It's not like the club will have to pay large sums of money to heat empty seats, keep open empty concourses and facilities etc......!!!
Same, so long as it's been paid for I can't think of a single time where an oversized stadium has been detrimental to a club. Really the only question is return on investment, it's purely whether Bill will able to sell enough tickets at a good price to get a good return.

The atmosphere argument goes two ways, if the ground is too small then those who generate atmosphere are fragmented throughout the ground ...assuming they can attend at all.

I still don't buy this having too much capacity argument. How is having a bigger stadium than needed a burden? Once it's built and paid for it's built and paid for. It's not like the club will have to pay large sums of money to heat empty seats, keep open empty concourses and facilities etc......!!!

It's a burden to the person who wasted the money building it.

Same, so long as it's been paid for I can't think of a single time where an oversized stadium has been detrimental to a club. Really the only question is return on investment, it's purely whether Bill will able to sell enough tickets at a good price to get a good return.

The atmosphere argument goes two ways, if the ground is too small then those who generate atmosphere are fragmented throughout the ground ...assuming they can attend at all.

I think the low capacity may be an indication that Bill sees restricted supply as key to generating sufficient income per seat. High price low capacity plus forcing more people into corporate due to limited supply.

Annoying from a fans perspective if this is true but then again nobody else has got near to putting their hand in their pocket so we can't really complain too much.

I think the low capacity may be an indication that Bill sees restricted supply as key to generating sufficient income per seat. High price low capacity plus forcing more people into corporate due to limited supply.
That I think is definitely a big factor.

22-25k would be sensible.

'Urban area' populations are roughly similar for BCP, Pompey and Brighton, around 4-500k

Slightly less for Southampton, but they pull in a lot from Salisbury, Winchester, Romsey etc (which some of their hardcore city centre fans don't like ;))

In an earlier interview Bill stated an 18,500 stadium with 15% hospitality, which would be expandable by another 4,000 extension, giving 22,500 eventually.
This is what I'd understood.

Like others I do feel 18,500 is too low, would prefer a base of say 20,000 with facilities to go up to 25,000/26,000. That would give the club more ability to meet unmet demand that's there now, and also more options to use the ground as a multi-use venue through the year, though possibly infrastructure problems about hosting a 20K seater venue for summer concerts etc?

Also though, I don't think you can look in the rear-view mirror and say AFCB would never fill the stadium at that level if dropped out of the EPL; part of "the project" as others have said is to increase support and slowly but surely (hopefully) turn BCP into a "football town". We may not have the social / industrial history of Portsmouth or even Southampton which must have drawn many folk, and their children / friends etc, to the home ground and the game in the past, but the club's increasing its popularity around our town - no doubt about it. Let's face it Bournemouth has always been a more of a spa and tourist town, only recently starting to segue into something else, but we're getting there and unlike other towns there's a huge potential here yet to be tapped. Exciting times to be a Cherries fan, and as Bill says- always advance, never retreat.

I think some on here are forgetting the original location and plans seem to have shifted a little since the days of projecting 25-30k stadia. We were originally looking to relocate the athletics track (at our expense) and have that entire area (including where we currently train) to build on. This proposal seems to have gone 'very' quiet, so one would assume it's no longer on the table.

This of course means we are probably looking to squeeze a new ground in in-between DC and the athletics track, which for me, is potentially a reason behind the lower than expected capacity... Although it was 100% said to be 18-19k with the possibility of a 'second deck' to take us up to circa 22k.

I'd personally rather see us in a Brentford/Swansea size stadium, cleverly designed to maximise potential and atmosphere than an oversized ground, in the belief that we'll grow into it. Lets not forget the average time in the PL for most teams is around 7/8 years before being relegated. Only 6 teams have managed to never be relegated (Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton, Liverpool, Manchester United and Tottenham)

There are a number of possibilities with placing the ground slap bang in the middle of DC and the athletics track though which could see us join up BAC to the side of the new stadium and also, if Bill's really going all out, buying DC and bolting it on to the other side of the new stadium for the Women's team and the development squad... As someone already said, using KP as a multi sporting arena... All speculation of course, I just think some on here have become a bit blinkered with the capacities we could achieve and more importantly, who's money it is funding all this... Looking forward to seeing concepts and designs though... Surely these are imminent?

Genuine question but not sure how to word it without sounding a bit antagonistic.

What does a single attendance figure which is over 75 years old tell us?

Apparently you get a free season ticket if you went to that match. So long as you've still got the ticket stub and you're accompanied by both parents : )

No it's not. If you've spent the money you've spent the money.
I've often bought tickets at not inconsiderable expense for (eg) games and subsequently found myself unable to attend. I may have paid out for something that I didn't benefit from but it didn't and doesn't burden me.

It's not a ticket to a football match it is a property investment and one way or another you have to fund it. Borrowing or equity, either way there is either a debt to be serviced or an opportunity cost involving a big loss. You obviously don't care but it doesn't sound like you are paying for it tbh.

;