New Kings Park Stadium

It's not a ticket to a football match it is a property investment and one way or another you have to fund it. Borrowing or equity, either way there is either a debt to be serviced or an opportunity cost involving a big loss. You obviously don't care but it doesn't sound like you are paying for it tbh.
Back to the same old argument again with you Del.
I was not responding to you and I was not discussing the financial viability of building something that requires paying for itself within a set amount of time.
We know you are a Yorkshireman so cost is a big thing for you. ;)
My point which you don't need to feel obliged to argue with is that once the money has been spent regardless of where it came from (cash, tangible assets, borrowing, debt, joint funding, venture capital, selling debentures etc) has been spent and the fact that this investment might not be used to full capacity all the time for perpetuity does not add any further burden.
Hillsborough has a long history (prior to the disaster) of being one of the top stadia in the country with one of the largest capacities. Do you think Wednesday felt burdened by their massive stadium when the could only average 22,000 in it in League One?

It's not a ticket to a football match it is a property investment and one way or another you have to fund it. Borrowing or equity, either way there is either a debt to be serviced or an opportunity cost involving a big loss. You obviously don't care but it doesn't sound like you are paying for it tbh.
I was making an analogy to clarify my point.

Back to the same old argument again with you Del.
I was not responding to you and I was not discussing the financial viability of building something that requires paying for itself within a set amount of time.
We know you are a Yorkshireman so cost is a big thing for you. ;)
My point which you don't need to feel obliged to argue with is that once the money has been spent regardless of where it came from (cash, tangible assets, borrowing, debt, joint funding, venture capital, selling debentures etc) has been spent and the fact that this investment might not be used to full capacity all the time for perpetuity does not add any further burden.
Hillsborough has a long history (prior to the disaster) of being one of the top stadia in the country with one of the largest capacities. Do you think Wednesday felt burdened by their massive stadium when the could only average 22,000 in it in League One?

I don't understand your point tbh. The ground isn't built yet so it needs to be paid for. Hillsborough was paid for when they were confident they could justify the cost of building it and that applies now at DC and at every other ground that has ever been built.

Sure the people who aren't paying for it don't care about the loss - I don't see what that proves.

I don't understand your point tbh. The ground isn't built yet so it needs to be paid for. Hillsborough was paid for when they were confident they could justify the cost of building it and that applies now at DC and at every other ground that has ever been built.

Sure the people who aren't paying for it don't care about the loss - I don't see what that proves.
Then don't keep labouring your point.
I know I'm not paying for it, directly.
I was responding to someone else who said that having a larger capacity stadium than a pessimistically low prediction of attendance at some point in the future might require, would somehow be a "burden."
It won't be a burden but yes I get you, it doesn't prove the business case for it being built in the first place. :thumbup:

it doesn't prove the business case for it being built in the first place. :thumbup:
You could argue that there never is.

Sure when you look at building something in business you look at the return of investment case and make your decision.

But football isn’t a regular business, otherwise there wouldn’t be famous quotes out there such as “how do you become a millionaire in football? Start as a billionaire”. The sums will never add up.

Bill Foley said in his interview that he personally was “running out of time”, we don’t need to spell out what he meant by that but he certainly isn’t expecting to see a return on his investment.

What you get from building a new ground doesn’t have a section on the balance sheet. What you get is building a legacy, what you get is establishing AFCB for its future, what you get is giving the football club a home for future generations.

Sure you also get an asset to sell in the future. Costs of building the ground will factor in with that along with annual depreciation and all the other boring stuff that fans don’t have to factor in.

But none of that balances against the future benefits for the next generations of supporters and personally, that’s why I believe it will be built.

You could argue that there never is.

Sure when you look at building something in business you look at the return of investment case and make your decision.

But football isn’t a regular business, otherwise there wouldn’t be famous quotes out there such as “how do you become a millionaire in football? Start as a billionaire”. The sums will never add up.

Bill Foley said in his interview that he personally was “running out of time”, we don’t need to spell out what he meant by that but he certainly isn’t expecting to see a return on his investment.

What you get from building a new ground doesn’t have a section on the balance sheet. What you get is building a legacy, what you get is establishing AFCB for its future, what you get is giving the football club a home for future generations.

Sure you also get an asset to sell in the future. Costs of building the ground will factor in with that along with annual depreciation and all the other boring stuff that fans don’t have to factor in.

But none of that balances against the future benefits for the next generations of supporters and personally, that’s why I believe it will be built.

Why didn't Demin or anyone else build it then? All of the same things applied when he owned the club.

You should never believe anything NOC says
That would be a somewhat unfortunate path to take because I don't shy away from the truths of this modern game of football...and I'm always seeking to make a fool or a cnut out of it.

But they don't particularly like truths on here...they prefer to go with the flow of MONEY and Corruption promulgated by Pundits, Marketeers and Radio 5 plus a few red top newspapers ! Sheepdip.

Shove it up yer @rse !

Why didn't Demin or anyone else build it then? All of the same things applied when he owned the club.

The fiscal angle is fair game but I'm surprised you're challenging the legacy angle.

1. Foley has a multi billion consortium behind him as well as his own personal wealth. Demin didn't.

2. Demin seemed to just enjoy having a hands off relationship with a pet football club so even if he did have the money I don't think he'd have the will to drive something like that forward.

They make for awful atmospheres, which can negate demand and make attendances drop further than they would.

18,000 people in an 18,500 capacity stadium make more noise than 18,000 in a 30,000 capacity stadium.

Set against that, don't underestimate the effect that easily being able to get tickets of your choice will have on attendances.

Reading would not be averaging 12,900 in League One if they had a 13,000 capacity stadium.

;