New Manager Thread

Eddie Howe was/is an enigma... largely a one-off... I don't think we can keep wheeling out that internal argument and aligning it to the success Eddie had...

As for BHA going for Rodgers, I think with Villa and Leicester playing at the weekend, it is safe to say that one of Rodgers or Gerrard will be getting his P45 come Monday...

For me, I am comfortable with taking our time... The window is closed... We've points on the board ...We have a run of winnable games for GON to test himself against but would not question us losing (BHA and Newcastle) and the season is still very long... It's almost the perfect window for some 'step back and reflect' time... The team are in good short-term hands with the current set up...

However, I am sure the club is aware that uncertainty will need to be made certain at some point... even if that is by giving GON until the Word Cup break...

This is a football forum, and an afcb one at that, so I think it's ok to discuss the impact of the fixture changes with that in mind.

Chances are, this will be two extra matches for whoever we appoint (same goes for Brighton). If we make a good choice I guess the postponements help us.

Meanwhile, I think they may have damaged O'Neil's chances of getting the job. Sitting tight and taking their time might have meant four matches in charge as his application. However, there's no way it should take another three weeks so (assuming next weekend is off as well) there's no advantage in waiting for the international break. A two match bounce is a huge risk on which to make such a crucial appointment.

Time to be decisive. Get all candidates interviewed next week and their choice appointed by the weekend. Gives the new gaffer time with the squad to start getting ideas across

Apparently Tuchel has been saying that he now wants to work at a smaller club as he's fed up with the ego's at the big clubs. :whist:

A very unique angle Brian. I’d love you as my defence lawyer one day ;)

Tbh...It was so long back, i've forgotten most of what occured with Groves but I can recall feeling a bit sorry for him.
Nearly all my theory on management involves how lucky or unlucky they get with firstly what 'leaders' they can have on the pitch assuming they have at least an average amount of quality players available...and secondly how the who!e team can be gelled as a unit. That's how Clough and Robson operated with few big stars.
I actually had a conversation with Bobby Robson when he visited our ship in Portugal....and he emphasised those points..and he also told us that Gazza was virtually unmanageable !

Tbh...It was so long back, i've forgotten most of what occured with Groves but I can recall feeling a bit sorry for him.
Nearly all my theory on management involves how lucky or unlucky they get with firstly what 'leaders' they can have on the pitch assuming they have at least an average amount of quality players available...and secondly how the who!e team can be gelled as a unit. That's how Clough and Robson operated with few big stars.
I actually had a conversation with Bobby Robson when he visited our ship in Portugal....and he emphasised those points..and he also told us that Gazza was virtually unmanageable !
I remember we played at Krap Nottarf on the opening day and a Wes Thomas shot hit the post in the first minute. Could have been different if that had gone in, but as some days, thems the breaks.

You wouldn't have felt sorry for him if you had been at Swindon when we lost 4 nil

;