New Manager Thread

Woodgate was reportedly recommended by an intermediary.

Gary O’Neil and Joe Jordan were added to the coaching staff after Woodgate had been given the job until the end of the season.

O’Neil was given a contract longer than the other two.

All three have connections to Harry Redknapp.

https://bournemouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/woodgate-adds-to-backroom-staff/

Woodgate was sourced by our World class talent finding senior mgmt team and their extensive network, that almost certainly leaves no stone unturned.I know that's what @Neil Dawson claims anyway...

I know you mention, it would never happen, but come on. I expect most afcb fans would welcome any of the big 6 managers at the club if there was a semblance of it even happening. :D

It's like saying I'd like 'insert any popular pin up woman' as my wife if she was to leave her husband...

Have they been tested on smaller budgets?

I can’t see past O’Neil being given the job until at least the end of the season. I think our board want a young English coach who is seen as progressive in his thinking, most importantly they will want someone who will buy into the club ethos and who will be happy to play the role of the ‘underdog.’ I think O’Neil gets it partly because he ticks a good number of these boxes and partly because there isn’t really another notable candidate out there who fits this criteria. The only one I can think of is Nathan Jones at Luton, and given that he failed quite miserably in his stint away from Luton I’m not sure it would be worth the effort of pursuing him over someone who is already here.

I can’t see past O’Neil being given the job until at least the end of the season. I think our board want a young English coach who is seen as progressive in his thinking, most importantly they will want someone who will buy into the club ethos and who will be happy to play the role of the ‘underdog.’ I think O’Neil gets it partly because he ticks a good number of these boxes and partly because there isn’t really another notable candidate out there who fits this criteria. The only one I can think of is Nathan Jones at Luton, and given that he failed quite miserably in his stint away from Luton I’m not sure it would be worth the effort of pursuing him over someone who is already here.

Yeah, I don;t know much about Jones, so maybe has a lot to him. Obviously did incredibly well with an unfancied Luton last season. Somehow missed both of our games v them last year. Thought they looked decent v Forest at home near end of the season. Looked very brave, took game to Forest, despite Forest being on that run... obviously had to absorb more pressure 2nd half, but looked very well organised, but also dangerous going forwards. So I guess he has form at squeezing the best out of teams with not necessarily the most ability or large budget v others at same level. Can he replicate it, at least to some extent? I have no idea.

I guess not totally relevant but turns out he's a devout Christian:

'"It keeps you grounded. There's a lot of temptations, a lot of pitfalls nowadays, especially for a sportsman – and I think through God's guidance I've been able to steer clear of them. Through the hard times I've always had the stability of the Lord in my life and my family background has kept me on the straight and narrow." Nathan Jones does not hide his faith and is very open to mentioning it during press conferences, occasionally appending 'god willing' to his hope that his tactics work '

A Rotherham fan on Facebook has said that Warne has had informal talks with us. As ever you can’t place much faith in such posts but he is an up and coming progressive coach. I’d see him more of an option next season if we are relegated though.

A Rotherham fan on Facebook has said that Warne has had informal talks with us. As ever you can’t place much faith in such posts but he is an up and coming progressive coach. I’d see him more of an option next season if we are relegated though.
No thanks!! He’s a younger Dyche in his outlook and philosophy

Gary ONeil is my hope for a permanent manager. why change a winning guy.
UTC
A bit premature to call him a winning guy, he's had two games, made a poor tactical change in the first game, a good one in his second.

Personally I'd like an experienced hand (not of the Dyche, Big Sam ilk) to try and get us on a good footing. I have no idea who that may be, mind!

Bloody hell this board has actually turned into a wrestling royal rumble. I can't tell what part of the carefully choreographed action I'm supposed to focus on. Now Dibby and Stan are going at it, but look a bit closer and it seems to have been stewing for a while and just as I'm getting used to that, SDD decides to wade in with the steel chair. I love it! I love you guys!!! Apart from you Brian, I just about tolerate you. Just.

That's pleasing to me.. 'just' ... its more than I expect or wish for even though in reality im probably no more toxic than others you mention .. I plod along ....tolerating just about everything and never putting anyone on Ignore.

;