New PL spending rules

kirsikka

UTC Legend
Potentially coming next season.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/premier-league-clubs-set-for-restrictions-on-spending-6qf66dwnf

Restricting clubs transfer fees and salaries to something higher than 70% of income, the level still to be confirmed. Should be a handy boost to stop anyone challenging the big six. Cos, you know, they needed the deck packed a bit more in their favour.

Meanwhile, I wonder what Forest's wage bill will look like this season? No wonder they were spending desperately whilst they still could.

Yes, maybe Forest knew this was coming and moved to over-spend now, to get it all in before the rules changed.

Just makes it that bit harder to climb the greasy pole.

Florist are a massive club, they were asked to sign off the agreement before proposing to the big 6 (or as they put it, what will become the big 7)

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/premier-league-clubs-set-for-restrictions-on-spending-6qf66dwnf

Restricting clubs transfer fees and salaries to something higher than 70% of income, the level still to be confirmed. Should be a handy boost to stop anyone challenging the big six. Cos, you know, they needed the deck packed a bit more in their favour.

Meanwhile, I wonder what Forest's wage bill will look like this season? No wonder they were spending desperately whilst they still could.

I wonder if this potentially would make investing in a larger ground more attractive to any potential investors in AFCB. Or put them off completely.

I don't see who they can bully. It is in no way of interest to an owner to impose this rule, it'll make it harder to sell.

The big six are forced to adhere to it because of UEFA rules for their competitions. Therefore, they face the possibility that, even with all that lovely CL cash, sponsorship cash etc, there's a slight chance someone lower down the table might be able to outspend them for a season. This rule will stop that from happening.

From the point of view of the six, nothing changes for them.

Their wage bill hit 45- 50 million before promotion. Has to be 120 million now?? Can see big loss this season for Florist.

Let them have their super league. The competition is totally dead anyway. It basically is a super league within the league already anyway.

But not so fun when we get four points out of eighteen against them

True I just don’t expect much vs them, it’s the other teams we need to try and get points against like today. Quietly confident we will score a few sat and win

Their wage bill hit 45- 50 million before promotion. Has to be 120 million now?? Can see big loss this season for Florist.

I think relegation wage cuts are somewhere between 25% to 40% so wage increases would likely be along the same lines so their squad at the start of the season will be costing about £65M. Transfer fees alone amount to £135M net spend and they've brought in 11 new players net including Lingard who is earning £10M a year. I'd say your estimate is pretty good.

Winning the playoffs is supposedly worth £170M in total including parachute payments so that is completely blown out of the water and then some.

I think relegation wage cuts are somewhere between 25% to 40% so wage increases would likely be along the same lines so their squad at the start of the season will be costing about £65M. Transfer fees alone amount to £135M net spend and they've brought in 11 new players net including Lingard who is earning £10M a year. I'd say your estimate is pretty good.

Winning the playoffs is supposedly worth £170M in total including parachute payments so that is completely blown out of the water and then some.

Well yes indeed. 170 million payout for getting to premiership. Forest poss spent that already. Its certainly a huge gamble. Stoke and Bristol City have spent loads and hovering around breaking FFP rules. Only the allowances made for covid losses stopped both breaking ffp. I think AFCB shouldn't go above 50.million net spend every year.

Also poss remembering that the 5 or 6 of our squad who had pay cuts on being relegated from Premiership have probably seen wages upped to old levels.

;