Newcastle away

Remember a couple of seasons ago ,fans waiting to go up in the lift....no I said take the stairs, should of realised it was high up when they were passing out the oxygen masks o_O

I'm heading up to the Newcastle game for my first trip to St James Park (and Newcastle). Any suggestions where good to get a drink beforehand? Also, any other suggestions for what to do up there? I've got a couple of days so want to have a bit of an explore.

AFCB have only taken just over 1,000 tickets but they seem to be selling very slowly so far... bit of a shame as hopeful of getting a result.

I've been to two away games so far this season and seen two wins so bring on a result!
Don't tie yourself to one or two bars. Have a good mooch around as there are plenty of gems to discover.

Quick ticket related question. Tickets in Block L7M are almost sold out does anyone know if the club will definitely make Block L7L available to buy? Would rather wait for this block but don't want to leave it if they don't get put on sale.

Quick ticket related question. Tickets in Block L7M are almost sold out does anyone know if the club will definitely make Block L7L available to buy? Would rather wait for this block but don't want to leave it if they don't get put on sale.

We've been allocated just over a 1,000 and that block comes to about 500. Given that I'm assuming that another block will be released soon.

We've been allocated just over a 1,000 and that block comes to about 500. Given that I'm assuming that another block will be released soon.

I bloody hope so as me and Mrs have had flights and hotel booked for a month but also holding off to go into the next block
:slap:
Alternatively I suppose I could just bite the bullet and change around seats when we get there? Should be plenty of room.

There’s some grounds where it’s worth waiting for better seats to open up. For example, if you have a ‘pitch side’ seat at Arsenal or Everton you are going to have a terrible view.

At Newcastle all the seats are up in the gods. There’s nowhere near the incentive to wait for a supposed better seat. Personally I’d just bite the bullet to avoid being caught out.

If you can't face driving all the way and can't afford the full train fare a good compromise is to drive to Doncaster and get the train from there.
At the moment LNER are offering cheap advance fares on the 10.10 from Donny on Saturday and the 10.00 back from Newcastle on Sunday (£13.20 return with a Railcard)

;