Newcastle Away

Weren't Brighton in the Ted Shed for a Cup game one year?

Yes, I also seem to remember Brighton having the regular away end plus that little uncovered south end that was there before the Ted Mac. Can't remember if it was cup or league.

West Brom, Everton, Liverpool and I think Luton have also had the Ted Mac.

Tickets for West Ham are still on sale and they have been for ages, the Newcastle tickets were on sale and gone in the blink of a eye in comparison.
I got a couple of tickets for Newcastle but I'm not looking forward to it as much as I was before reading this thread.
For those that missed out on tickets, a silver lining, engineering works is going to add a couple of hours to the journey time of anyone going by train. I was going to, but it's an hour quicker by car now.

Tickets for West Ham are still on sale and they have been for ages, the Newcastle tickets were on sale and gone in the blink of a eye in comparison.
I got a couple of tickets for Newcastle but I'm not looking forward to it as much as I was before reading this thread.
For those that missed out on tickets, a silver lining, engineering works is going to add a couple of hours to the journey time of anyone going by train. I was going to, but it's an hour quicker by car now.
The engineering work only seems to be affecting LNER trains coming back on the Sunday, getting up there's still looking ok ATM.

The engineering work only seems to be affecting LNER trains coming back on the Sunday, getting up there's still looking ok ATM.
Where are you looking? On the LNER journey planner for 17th Feb it shows a bus replacement service from King's X to Newcastle and other routes go from St. Pancras vi Derby, journey times of 4h40m instead of the 3h it would be normally

Where are you looking? On the LNER journey planner for 17th Feb it shows a bus replacement service from King's X to Newcastle and other routes go from St. Pancras vi Derby, journey times of 4h40m instead of the 3h it would be normally
Woops, when I looked before posting that they were showing a normal service from KGX to NCL on Saturday! You are right they are now showing the replacement buses and delayed times on nationalrail.co.uk.
I'm keeping everything crossed that the normal service on the Friday before is going to remain as that's when I'm going up.

You can avoid LNER by going Cross Country via Brum but that is more expensive and from Bournemouth to Newcastle takes a total of just over six and a half hours.

Woops, when I looked before posting that they were showing a normal service from KGX to NCL on Saturday! You are right they are now showing the replacement buses and delayed times on nationalrail.co.uk.
I'm keeping everything crossed that the normal service on the Friday before is going to remain as that's when I'm going up.
We looked at this fixture, but decided against it due to the LNER engineering work. Wonder if the club factored this disruption into their decision on ticket allocations?

I'm sure I've gotten a direct Soton - Newcastle cross country train a few years ago. Doesn't seem to be available. Was obviously a long day but was easier and quicker than it looks to be now.

Drive too Bristol and get the Easyjet lunchtime flight up... Lands at around 13:40, so plenty of time to have a beer and get to SJP... Obs needs a return on the Sunday mind, but assuming a lot would do that anyhow... About £160pp return...

I'm sure I've gotten a direct Soton - Newcastle cross country train a few years ago. Doesn't seem to be available. Was obviously a long day but was easier and quicker than it looks to be now.
The X-country service is still there for the northbound journey, but not the one back home. I too used it a few years ago to the game Cookie scored the winner right at the death. Best of all, my employers paid!

;