Newcastle United v AFC Bournemouth

We rue the missed chances first half as ever.

Ref turning from one extreme to another being conducted by the big club ground, as ever.

We've known Smith was going to struggle more as time went on for some years. We can revisit the argument over whether full back recruitment was sufficient but Smith will always put the shift in as he did again today. Up to AFCB to fix the position / issue.

Not a good result for me, we were playing a vastly under strength Newcastle without a single centre forward available. I’m still to be fully convinced by this style of football in all honesty, we look incredibly vulnerable at the back and if they had a centre forward available today I feel as though they win that comfortably. We looked great during the run but I’m not sure this football can be effective over an entire season, I think we’ll strike lucky this season though due to the very low standard of the promoted teams. I just don’t think you can be as open at the back as we are in this league.

I am still fuming at Adam Smith, how thick do you have to be in the VAR era to pull a shirt so blatantly in the penalty area?! He should be fined a weeks wages for that, it was so incredibly needless and so soon after taking the lead.
You are so reactionary, we have been cheated due to a ******************************** penalty yet again.

Newcastle created nothing all game

..and yes Smith is a total liability, he is the culprit, not the style of play!

Last edited:
Not a good result for me, we were playing a vastly under strength Newcastle without a single centre forward available. I’m still to be fully convinced by this style of football in all honesty, we look incredibly vulnerable at the back and if they had a centre forward available today I feel as though they win that comfortably. We looked great during the run but I’m not sure this football can be effective over an entire season, I think we’ll strike lucky this season though due to the very low standard of the promoted teams. I just don’t think you can be as open at the back as we are in this league.

I am still fuming at Adam Smith, how thick do you have to be in the VAR era to pull a shirt so blatantly in the penalty area?! He should be fined a weeks wages for that, it was so incredibly needless and so soon after taking the lead.
It'll do me....we create chances and we concide chances.....the idea that we have to play with a low block to survive in the PL is a myth......as we're showing.

Idiot.

What would you prefer?

Gary O'Neil trying to scrape a 1-0 when we score first.

It was end to end stuff against an extremely expensively assembled team funded by blood money.

Fck off up the road and support Southampton.

Yeah, Bournemouth are attacking, let's blow the whistle.

The ref was a Homer for sure.

Not sure why the penalty was given, as it looked a clear offside.

Smith however is getting exposed due to his age.

A stupid stupid decision by Smith, but we need a replacement for him, he isn't going to get better or faster.
Smithy has often given away penalties over the years. Should be well and truly aware that refs will guve agsinst us. He's an amazing player for us, but he's always been a bit like that.

Not sure how you could be so negative after a game like that. Apart from the fact it’s you of course. You say we drew because we were open at the back then rightly point out we actually drew because of a stupid shirt pull. Nothing to do with being open at the back.
Tbf it's the middle of February and we haven't won a game this year. It's also another game (3rd in 2024!) where we've dropped points from a leading position.

Saying that the football is great to watch and much more entertaining than previous seasons

We’ve seen some awful refereeing this season, so it’s almost ironically nice n comfy to go back to the classic “the referee was **************** because the big crowd was being nasty”. What a load of tripe. A goal in added time, yet we’re not allowed to take the corner? Near constant fouls going one way only. Never a pen for me based on the often stated law that “if contact starts outside the box then it’s not a penalty”.

**************** off.
Same thing happened at the end of the home game against Forest, Rebecca Welch blew up early.

Smithy has often given away penalties over the years. Should be well and truly aware that refs will guve agsinst us. He's an amazing player for us, but he's always been a bit like that.
He does alright but you can see his pace gets exposed and he tends to make silly decisions if an opponent gets the better of him.

Cost us the game today, and it isn't the first time.

Tbf it's the middle of February and we haven't won a game this year. It's also another game (3rd in 2024!) where we've dropped points from a leading position.

Saying that the football is great to watch and much more entertaining than previous seasons
Yeah but other than Fulham where we were crap if you’ve watched the games and that’s your takeout then it’s not reflective of the play in my opinion. Today was brilliant.

Apparently that was Matt Ritchie's first goal for four years. I hope the last one wasn't his previous last second equaliser against us.

Bedwetting post of the month. Nothing is guaranteed at this level especially away from home.

We’ve seen some awful refereeing this season, so it’s almost ironically nice n comfy to go back to the classic “the referee was **************** because the big crowd was being nasty”. What a load of tripe. A goal in added time, yet we’re not allowed to take the corner? Near constant fouls going one way only. Never a pen for me based on the often stated law that “if contact starts outside the box then it’s not a penalty”.

**************** off.
Agree with everything you say.

However, isn't the rules if it carries on inside the box it's a penalty?

Ambiguity, that allows Homer refs to decide for the big teams.

Psychologically, in a stadium with umpteen millions of fans baying for the penalty, I'm sure it's easier to swing towards the home side.

VAR isn't worth the cost.

Same as the blue cards.

Officiating is becoming a joke, influenced by fans.

Good result though, 2-2 would have taken it before kick off.

I do think however that we deserved to edge it....we were the away side.

;