Nicolas Jackson

If accurate his stats are not very encouraging re strengths and weaknesses.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/426050/Show/Nicolas-Jackson

Then there is this.

He is an attacking midfielder who can also play one both right and left wing and as a striker. He is very good on the ball, good at dribbling and passing. He likes to carry the ball to create danger and create chances for his teammates. But he lacks finishing and dribbles too much at moments. He is fast and good in aerial duels too.

https://footballtalentscout.net/202...-neymar-in-senegal-by-harold-monteiro-macedo/

Last edited:
What do we think about the fee ?
Not so long ago 25m would get you the finished article and now little old AFCB is taking a 25m punt on a lad with potential. Seems pretty ballsy/borderline reckless to me. Thoughts ?
25m is a proper fee and no doubt we are offering very competitive wages if he’s thinking about coming here. :unsure:
If this is our strategy, I really hope that we’ve done our research on the players’ true potential and their character. It would be easy for us to end up with a team full of lazy mercenaries if the chequebook is the only reason players decide to come here.

I appreciate Bill backing recruitment but I really wouldn’t want us to become “one of those” clubs :confused: Fingers crossed we get the right players with the right attitude !

Last edited:
If accurate his stats are not very encouraging re strengths and weaknesses.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/426050/Show/Nicolas-Jackson

Then there is this.

He is an attacking midfielder who can also play one both right and left wing and as a striker. He is very good on the ball, good at dribbling and passing. He likes to carry the ball to create danger and create chances for his teammates. But he lacks finishing and dribbles too much at moments. He is fast and good in aerial duels too.

https://footballtalentscout.net/202...-neymar-in-senegal-by-harold-monteiro-macedo/
Oh dear that reads like Jordan Ibe! :eek!:

Makes me laugh with comments such as.
‘Where are Bournemouth getting this cash’.
Or, ‘Somethings dodgy’.
I can understand that not everyone follows what’s going on at every club. But surely a quick look at Google would see we’ve had new investment

Some of the comments on there are comedy gold but how forest fans could even dare raise the heads above the parapet and discuss money spent on players is laughable
Florist are a big club it’s there right to question what little Bournemouth do as it takes away there own pool of players to buy

What do we think about the fee ?
Not so long ago 25m would get you the finished article and now little old AFCB is taking a 25m punt on a lad with potential. Seems pretty ballsy/borderline reckless to me. Thoughts ?
25m is a proper fee and no doubt we are offering very competitive wages if he’s thinking about coming here. :unsure:
If this is our strategy, I really hope that we’ve done our research on the players’ true potential and their character. It would be easy for us to end up with a team full of lazy mercenaries if the chequebook is the only reason players decide to come here.

I appreciate Bill backing recruitment but I really wouldn’t want us to become “one of those” clubs :confused: Fingers crossed we get the right players with the right attitude !

£25M or thereabouts got us Solanke, Ibe, Ake, and Lerma
Around £15M was Rico, Kelly, Danjuma, Mepham

I think you pay for a combination of current ability and potential. If Solanke was 28 and as good as he was at 20/21 when we bought him he'd be worth £5M and getting snapped up by someone like Burnley.

It's always a gamble and you can have all the potential in the world but it still needs to realised.

These sorts of fees seem high to me but for a decade or so they've been pretty common. It's always felt to me like there's a £20M burning a hole in someone's pocket so they take a punt on someone.

My guesstimate is, the wages we were going to pay Danjuma are probably now going to this chap, maybe not all but a chunk of them.

I think you pay for a combination of current ability and potential. If Solanke was 28 and as good as he was at 20/21 when we bought him he'd be worth £5M and getting snapped up by someone like Burnley.

It's always a gamble and you can have all the potential in the world but it still needs to realised.

These sorts of fees seem high to me but for a decade or so they've been pretty common. It's always felt to me like there's a £20M burning a hole in someone's pocket so they take a punt on someone.

The fees you are talking about are 5 years ago!

when Chelsea pay £70m for an average full back you realise how mad fees are now - plus a premium for January

There's over £40m worth of exaggeration in the fees you've quoted here.

Oh god... it's that word again... 'Confident'...!!!
Why do we even do it to ourselves ?

I'm getting to the point now where I am seriously considering ignoring all transfer related, so called "news" and just checking on here at the end of the window to see who came in and who went out.

The fact that I keep coming back to these threads merely confirms how empty my life must otherwise be :help:

:utc:

Why do we even do it to ourselves ?

I'm getting to the point now where I am seriously considering ignoring all transfer related, so called "news" and just checking on here at the end of the window to see who came in and who went out.

The fact that I keep coming back to these threads merely confirms how empty my life must otherwise be :help:

:utc:
Just say nothing... absolutely nothing until it's done... Take away all potential to look stupid and thenmake your own narrative to fit whatever the outcome was...

He’s not a club spokesperson.
I know, but he must have spoken to someone to get the impression we’re confident… unless he’s just feeding off of other outlets, in which case I’ll take my comments back… But this guy seems to be quite a reliable source… So one would assume he’s getting his info from
somewhere, other than just other tweets…

;