NINTH!

What a season! It simply cannot be overstated how good these times are as an AFCB supporter. If we'd have finished top half in the PL playing crap boring football like Southampton we'd still be pinching ourselves and saying what a wonderful achievement it is. The fact that we've done it by playing swashbuckling attacking football... led by one of our own... with loads players that have come through the leagues with us... scoring for fun... taking thousands everywhere we go... Etc. Etc. It's as if all of the dreary mediocre years were a down payment for the glory years.

Even though we've had some tricky patches this season I honestly think I've enjoyed every minute in a weird way. Even getting smashed at Everton was enjoyable due to how the fans and players rallied in the second half - for a team that put six past us we didn't half have Everton worried.

It's been an expensive year but one look at that league table and it seems like a bargain. Thanks for the memories!

Unbelievable. And whereas last year we finished badly, next season we can start with the knowledge we deserve to be here

Very disappointing that we didn't get 5th. The amount of points we gave away from leading postions must be 20+. Should've taken 3-pts from that Arsenal game and pushed on for a European slot.

Assuming Howe is looking for continual improvement, 6th is probably his aim as a minimum for next season. Still only 11v11 at kick-off.

(Some of this might be tongue-in-cheek)

That's expecting a lot Rgb ,unless your being tongue in cheek .Ninth is a massive achievement but let's not forget there is a fifteen point gap between eighth and seventh and then another eight to sixth place .
Even if all those points dropped from leads were counted we still wouldn't make top six .
For me I'm loving this Prem lark ,so survival first and for most ,but with AFCB who knows .

I've lost count, how many rungs up the pyramid ladder has Eddie taken us? since he first took over : )

I managed to fly back from my overseas posting for this match, and will have to fly back on Tuesday. Can't see many games live. Our progression through recent years has been meteoric, and makes all the flying and driving worthwhile. Thank you Radio Solent, a special thanks to Neil Dawson, a pleasure to stand with the supporters, home and away, and a huge thank you to our team, management, and Max Demin, and of course Eddie and Jason.
It's been surreal, and fantastic. Thanks to you all.
Hope to see some games next year, flying back from wherever my work takes me.

Brilliant day yesterday celebrating this remarkable achievement. Bournemouth, 9th best team in England. Bournemouth. 9th in the Premier League. Fantastic.

Yes it was a bit of a shame not to sneak above them up the road, but we've run them bloody close this season. I'm told they were celebrating Vardy's goal against us by singing his name. We've pushed them to that.

In short, it might never get better. Improving on 9th place is going to be absolutely tough. Cherish this, enjy the summer, and look forward to going again in August.

Huge for the club and us and I imagine a fair few players will be looking at as and wondering if we would not be a good move.

;