NON- £8 million photo

You and I don't have to though do we?

They tried to encourage people to voluntarily say this...

“I swear that I will pay true allegiance to your majesty, and to your heirs and successors according to law. So help me God”

I wonder how many did that.

Can you imagine referring to some bloke as "Your majesty". God god.
It appears there are plenty who see themselves as lesser human beings. Not only would they cal him Your Majesty, they would be prepared to bow before him. Not me.

Ah, but the thing here is, I'm not a Royalist. I'm neither here nor there with them. They live their lives and I live mine. I just don't see the point in whinging about them, following what they do and whinging about it, watching them on TV and whinging about it. They have no interference with my day to day life apart from Her Majesty the Queen who decided to attend impromptu at Pirbright barracks on the day of my discharge from HM Armed Forces forcing the barracks to go into shut down with me stuck there for two days and as a civvie at that point unable to do anything or go anywhere on the barracks. Bloody long two days !
I certainly don’t follow them. The BBC are so obsessed with them that I no longer watch the news on their channels. If the royals appear on Sky News, I turn it off. I didn’t watch the funeral, nor did I watch the coronation. It is about as far removed from everyday life as is imaginable.

It appears there are plenty who see themselves as lesser human beings. Not only would they cal him Your Majesty, they would be prepared to bow before him. Not me.

I honestly don't reckon many on here would call Charles your majesty and bow. The queen maybe but I just don't think people would lower themselves to that for Charles. William even less so, the guy is younger than me and I'm supposed to bow to the guy? Ha, no. :rofl: :rofl:

With regard to those medals that the King has on his left breast. I was just wondering how many of those campaigns did he actually serve in to warrant the award of the medal.

Interesting comments in this thread
Those in the military, and ex servicemen, are generally deemed in high regard, with a reasonable take on life and reality(though I would certainly question that given my experiences). When those people are serving, after having sworn allegiance to the monarchy when the sign on, they are expected to salute or apply the appropriate etiquette. And just like saluting officers who you may consider useless/wankers/or whatever, you are acknowledging their post, not the person. So until the constitution changes, he is our King whether you like it or not. And he is as much the monarch, as was the Queen.
And irrespective of the argument of tourism benefits from visitors to Buck Palace or wherever, we as a nation have been moulded by, and benefitted from, people fighting for, or supporting, the monarchy. Yes, it may have been because they were poor and had no choice, but we rampaged around the world under, and extolling the virtues of, the monarch.
I find it strange that people feel they can just disown it all, and claim they are not part of it. Protest as much as you like, but just like the Brexiteers who were in Europe until the vote was passed to come out of it, it is what it is.
Maybe start a Republican Party on a single policy campaign, and then things could change

I think most people join the services because they want to protect our shores against someone like Hitler ...and to have a career and earn some money...not so much for kow-towing to a Monarch.
I must admit I found saluting officers a bit unpalatable and outdated nonsense...but most of them were ok dudes...a few w@nkers( P.Andrew). ( tbf though, he did get one of the medals in a life - risking conflict in 82)
.. but you w@kers everywhere ;)...and of course the officers had to return the salute !

Last edited:
An anachronism that should have been wound up decades ago,there is no logical reason for their continued existence, other than the need of some to prostate themselves before their perceived betters,utterly bizarre.

Reactions: drd
Interesting comments in this thread
Those in the military, and ex servicemen, are generally deemed in high regard, with a reasonable take on life and reality(though I would certainly question that given my experiences). When those people are serving, after having sworn allegiance to the monarchy when the sign on, they are expected to salute or apply the appropriate etiquette. And just like saluting officers who you may consider useless/wankers/or whatever, you are acknowledging their post, not the person. So until the constitution changes, he is our King whether you like it or not. And he is as much the monarch, as was the Queen.
And irrespective of the argument of tourism benefits from visitors to Buck Palace or wherever, we as a nation have been moulded by, and benefitted from, people fighting for, or supporting, the monarchy. Yes, it may have been because they were poor and had no choice, but we rampaged around the world under, and extolling the virtues of, the monarch.
I find it strange that people feel they can just disown it all, and claim they are not part of it. Protest as much as you like, but just like the Brexiteers who were in Europe until the vote was passed to come out of it, it is what it is.
Maybe start a Republican Party on a single policy campaign, and then things could change
So are you saying that just like brexiteers, those who don't want a monarchy should just stay silent and not mention it? ;)

An anachronism that should have been wound up decades ago,there is no logical reason for their continued existence, other than the need of some to prostate themselves before their perceived betters,utterly bizarre.
Talking of prostates.

So are you saying that just like brexiteers, those who don't want a monarchy should just stay silent and not mention it? ;)
Nope. I'm saying he is the King, until removed or otherwise. Brexiteers, despite years of campaigning, and voicing their opionion beforehand, were still in Europe until 31 Jan 2020.
So they should carry on campaigning if that's their wish, but for now, that 'Not my King' statement needs an astrix and some small print to explain its inaccuracy is all I'm saying

Charles going into (private) hospital and off work for 2 weeks. Catherine in hospital and off work until after Easter. William winding his duties down to look after her :ROFLMAO:
Will the country cope?
Who is going to open all those new hospitals and care homes?

Oh wait... there's a flaw in my argument...

Nope. I'm saying he is the King, until removed or otherwise. Brexiteers, despite years of campaigning, and voicing their opionion beforehand, were still in Europe until 31 Jan 2020.
So they should carry on campaigning if that's their wish, but for now, that 'Not my King' statement needs an astrix and some small print to explain its inaccuracy is all I'm saying
But you know the gist of the "not my king" statement? Everyone knows he's the king obviously. I think they are putting over their point of view in 3 words rather than making a few paragraphs to explain, which would you prefer? ;)

I quite like the guy...do I think we need a king? Of course not, but Ive nothing against him. He didn't ask to be born into privilege any more than someone asked to be born into poverty,

I watched a YouTube video the other day of a mountain biker just riding the mountains when he stumbled across a guy out walking on his own. Turns out it was Charlie. No bowing or doffing of a hat, just chatting about the weather and they went their own ways.

I rather feel in view of his majesty’s prostate problems this thread is showing a distinct lack of testicular support for him.

So, a very rich bloke has gone into hospital for treatment on a benign problem. Could all you royalists please help me here as to how I’m supposed to react to this groundbreaking news.

Reactions: drd
With regard to those medals that the King has on his left breast. I was just wondering how many of those campaigns did he actually serve in to warrant the award of the medal.
None.
Although he did serve in both the Navy and air force during his military career between 1971 and 1994.
  • Queen’s Service Order (New Zealand)
  • Coronation Medal
  • Silver Jubilee Medal
  • Golden Jubilee Medal
  • Diamond Jubilee Medal
  • Platinum Jubilee Medal
  • Naval Long Service Good Conduct (LSGC) (three additional service bars)
  • Canadian Forces Decoration (three additional service bars)
  • The New Zealand Commemorative Medal
  • New Zealand Armed Forces Award

;