Non A nice distraction

wingsnwheels

Star Player
I've lived in my house for nearly 39 years and was very surprised yesterday. Two deer came right up to our back gate, a doe and her fawn. My wife managed to get a photo of the doe but the fawn scampered. Never seen deer anywhere near before. We live close to Yellow Buses depot behind Castlepoint.

deer.jpg

You would be surprised how widespread they are, even in towns. Lovely to see them. We had a regular visitor a couple of years back, the locals called him Colin (after the local milkman). he was a young one that limped a bit so had got injured somewhere. Haven't seen him for a while but his injury had cleared up.
He took to sleeping outside our front window and would regularly curl up in the sun on the front grass.

Attachments

• Colin.JPG
    Colin.JPG
    481.6 KB · Views: 27
  • Colin1.JPG
    Colin1.JPG
    373 KB · Views: 26
You would be surprised how widespread they are, even in towns. Lovely to see them. We had a regular visitor a couple of years back, the locals called him Colin (after the local milkman). he was a young one that limped a bit so had got injured somewhere. Haven't seen him for a while but his injury had cleared up.
He took to sleeping outside our front window and would regularly curl up in the sun on the front grass.

junior would have been a more appropriate name - cos he's young I mean! ;)

I know that deer like to eat plants in our gardens, we used to have them but I've increased the height of the fence to stop them getting in. We have open fields at the back. They certainly like camellias and roses (not the chocs by the way).
They also have loads of ticks on them.

.....are you sure that not Vinny with a hat on ?? Oh and no blanket !

You quite often see old dears in Colehill.

We used to have a Leopard resting in our trees on the farm in Kenya,
nobody seemed worried by him but I was always wary when I had to start the generator at night.

;