Non-Big night tonight!

AmericanAFCB

Reserves
Hey friends, again good point today haha, but just wanted to impart something about me that I will be doing tonight.

My lady and I have been dating for a few years now and tonight...I am going to pop the question! Taking her to her favorite restaurant(A local steakhouse) and a friend of mine who is also a singer is going to come out at a prearranged time to sing her favorite song to her and then I will do it.

To say I am very nervous would be an understatement haha. Never been engaged before, but I think she is the right one. Will come back on afterwards and let everyone know how it went haha.

Wish me luck! And feel free to tell your own engagement stories if you feel the need:cool:

Good luck. I'm sure it will work out perfectly. And if it doesn't, at least you have steak.

One suggestion: check her club allegiance before setting a date. Some people on here have to live with partners supporting all sorts. And not even the tasty kind, but other teams.

If it's of any help, my missus agreed to marry me after I popped the question in a bar in the Canary Islands. It was at half time while I was watching a Champions League game on the TV.

Real Madrid v Barcelona, can't remember the score

Still married.

Best of luck mate!

My own story- 1987, decided it was time to do the deed. Went up to see my future wife's Dad to ask permission (they/I was like that). Her Dad was in the kitchen, got quite excited and called his wife in- then opened the door on her as she approached, banged her in the face and almost broke her nose. Amid all the pain and agitation he said yes. Then his daughter later did too, thank goodness. Grew to love my parents- in- law dearly but sadly both now gone. Wife and I still going strong- 33 years later.

I remember a chap proposed to his girlfriend at half-time on the DC pitch.
It was met with a chorus of "You don't know what you're doing"
Think she said yes.
Best of luck!!
Remember that game....it was a very funny quick response chant....:grinning:

My lady and I have been dating for a few years now and tonight...I am going to pop the question! Taking her to her favorite restaurant(A local steakhouse) and a friend of mine who is also a singer is going to come out at a prearranged time to sing her favorite song to her and then I will do it.

What's the question? Do you want the home kit or the away?

Good luck!

Is he going to sing the match of the day theme tune? : )
Best of luck and I hope it all works out well for the pair of you : )

Hey friends, again good point today haha, but just wanted to impart something about me that I will be doing tonight.

To say I am very nervous would be an understatement haha. Never been engaged before, but I think she is the right one. Will come back on afterwards and let everyone know how it went haha.

Wish me luck! And feel free to tell your own engagement stories if you feel the need:cool:
Good luck AAFCB, all the best to you and the future Mrs AAFCB

;