Non - Boris Johnson

A despicable liar you say

Said he'd get us out of Europe....and he did .

That's not a bad start ....

Not a bad start?

A fucking terrible start as far as a lot of people are concerned.

I think you'll find that history will say that Cummings was the prime mover when it comes to winning the Brexit vote; Boris was undecided days beforehand and just picked the side that was going further his rise to power.

I hope that when the history of this decade is written that Johnson will be treated with as much scorn as that poor bugger Blair is.

As far as I'm concerned the buck stops with him and Biden over the tens of thousands that will be murdered in Afghanistan because they couldn't get out.

I would expect Johnson to be ousted before the next election, Labour are not a viable alternative with Starmer and Rayner at the forefront, they don't have the personalities to win enough voters over, pretty much as it has been for the past 40+ years, with the exception of Blair....:slap:

I would expect Johnson to be ousted before the next election, Labour are not a viable alternative with Starmer and Rayner at the forefront, they don't have the personalities to win enough voters over, pretty much as it has been for the past 40+ years, with the exception of Blair....:slap:

Starmer ‘Boris must come out and apologise’
SNP leader ‘Boris must resign’

Starmer is so weak. PMQs could be lively today though

Gotta tell you, many of whom I have gotten to know both on the forum and in DMs or emails ..........

As a lifelong conservative in a North American sense, I have become appalled at what passes for conservative values today. That's not to say that I have any love for the liberal/progressive parties, but my views have changed a lot in the past 5 years. Whether it's gun control, or climate issues, or so many more things, the conservatives have become an embarrassment. My vote is no longer iron clad ... more likely to be spoiled.
That’s interesting. Also interesting how the tories on here seem willing to ‘accommodate’ Boris and his utter lack of principles just because he’s got a blue rosette on.

It seems pretty catastrophic for the Boris premiership. It is simply indefensible. For starters we could do with a proper and honest explanation.

Though I'm personally more concerned with what's going on in the background currently with restrictions and vaccine passports and I worry this story will prevent the scrutiny and flak it deserves (https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/cabinet-rift-over-plan-for-vaccine-passports-r29vmv85l).

However, it does raise so many questions.

Whilst Boris has to take the flak as the PM and rightly so, who at No10 organised it in the first place? Did none of the No10 staff think it was maybe inappropriate? Who has been sitting on the story/footage for almost a year, and why?

The way the story was initially leaked, allowing for an initial response, which only dropped them in it all the more thanks to to later leaked footage, it's clearly and well designed for maximum damage. Begs the question - a means to what end? E.g. Internal Tory party maneuvers? Cummings' revenge? An outsider looking to paste the whole Tory government altogether?

Re. Starmer - it's very hard to comment on him without knowing anything about what he'd do if given power. Could say the same for Ed Davy as well to be fair, who's been in post a similar time frame. It's probably as much a result of how far out the parties think we are from any election, and how those two parties are having internal adjustments, as it is a reflection of their leader's personalities.

I find it hilarious that after so much lies and deceit that has impacted this country in ways that will never be the same again, its a Christmas party that gets his supporters up in arms the most.

Its almost as if the people losing jobs, loved ones and homes is ok by me, but if you have a Christmas party when I dont...thats it buddy!!!

Edited to add....at the end of the day who cares about this....the guy should have been kicked out for lying years ago.

I find it hilarious that after so much lies and deceit that has impacted this country in ways that will never be the same again, its a Christmas party that gets his supporters up in arms the most.

Its almost as if the people losing jobs, loved ones and homes is ok by me, but if you have a Christmas party when I dont...thats it buddy!!!

Edited to add....at the end of the day who cares about this....the guy should have been kicked out for lying years ago.
I think it’s the context of the party that’s also of concern.

According to a journalist on the paper review last night discussing this, there is more to come.

Parliament from noon onwards today could be worth watching, there will be questions from the other parties, but imagine there are a lot of unhappy MP’s from the Conservative side who will also want answers as they get questions from their own constituents.

It is easier to fool people than convince them they have been fooled.

The boris apologists follow his lead in accepting no responsibility for selecting him to lead the conservative and unionist party and fit to lead the country.

Bojo has always been consistent in exploiting what his country can do for him.

Those of you that read the pandemic thread know I’ve sided with Boris regarding the majority of the handling of the pandemic.

But this Christmas party at Downing Street while the rest of the country couldn’t see family or ended up never seeing family members again. If only we had a stronger opposition leader Boris would probably be half way out the door by now.

What a fool.

I'm not even particularly surprised. Time we had a change of government.

A despicable liar you say

Said he'd get us out of Europe....and he did .

That's not a bad start ....
What was promised was the benefits of being out of europe.

The start on delivering the benefits has been too difficult to deliver so is being air brushed out by the boris apologists.

Just dont mention that pesky ni protocol and all. is rosy.

Those of you that read the pandemic thread know I’ve sided with Boris regarding the majority of the handling of the pandemic.

But this Christmas party at Downing Street while the rest of the country couldn’t see family or ended up never seeing family members again. If only we had a stronger opposition leader Boris would probably be half way out the door by now.

What a fool.

The threat to the current leader of the party always comes from within the conservative and unionist party not from the opposition.
Once the leader looks like costimg mps their seats they are replaced.

Voting for personality over policy has served the country badly in electing its leaders.

The threat to the current leader of the party always comes from within the conservative and unionist party not from the opposition.
Once the leader looks like costimg mps their seats they are replaced.

Voting for personality over policy has served the country badly in electing its leaders.

And as I’ve said. It’s a shame Kier Starmer is so weak or I’m sure Labour would be miles ahead in the opinion polls, despite all of Boris’s shortcomings the conservatives still lead the polls. That should ring alarm bells for labour supporters

;