Non - Brexit

Honestly, if remain had won by such a narrow margin, and had been found guilty of campaigning fraud and lying about the future relationship and further information had come out regarding the future of the UK within the EU painting a not so rosy future then I would be the first person asking for a people's vote.

I don't think remain were held to account on the future relationship either. They should have been made to give more details about what the EU will look like in 10, 15, 20 years. People slag older people off about voting leave but they are the only ones who are able to compare first hand the promises that were made in the first referendum with what actually happened in the subsequent 40 years
.. and it wasn't what they were told would happen.

Remain were allowed to get away with the idea that a remain vote was a status quo vote, whereas history tells us otherwise.

it's not fair, it's not fair, it didn't go the way I wanted. don't try telling me that my voting intentions were manipulated. clutching at straws comes to mind.

I voted not to sell the stadium along with many others, but it was taken out of our hands by those we had elected.
A damn fine comparison I think.
No double standards here!

Ultimately the question should never have been leave vs remain. We should not be talking Tory vs Labour. These things are set to polarise us without remembering the real things we care about.

One government, no parties, the electorate votes on policies they want to prioritise (tighter immigration, greater control of fishing rights) and the government decides the best way to deliver them, whether that's in or out of the EU. MPs should be voted in as the best people to perform in a specific office i.e. someone with a long history in Transport industry as Transport secretary. An independent office or the house of Lords then checks that they have delivered on the will of the people.

The system is broken and does nothing but make us all angry about stuff we can do nothing about.

Ultimately the question should never have been leave vs remain. We should not be talking Tory vs Labour. These things are set to polarise us without remembering the real things we care about.

One government, no parties, the electorate votes on policies they want to prioritise (tighter immigration, greater control of fishing rights) and the government decides the best way to deliver them, whether that's in or out of the EU. MPs should be voted in as the best people to perform in a specific office i.e. someone with a long history in Transport industry as Transport secretary. An independent office or the house of Lords then checks that they have delivered on the will of the people.

The system is broken and does nothing but make us all angry about stuff we can do nothing about.

I think we need proportional representation and for the electorate to understand the benefits of coalition governments.

I voted not to sell the stadium along with many others, but it was taken out of our hands by those we had elected.
A damn fine comparison I think.
No double standards here!

Al, if my memory serves me correctly (and I was at the meetings) the Supporters trust members voted by a considerable majority to back the Sale and Leaseback, then on the night in question the ST board who had the final say, decided on a split vote to go against the members wishes and voted not to approve the deal. Half an hour later after uproar in the room and resignations they changed their mind. Now that was a chaotic night.:utc:

No-One has answered my two year old granddaughter's question!!

She will be affected for much of her youth and wants to know whether or not she should be enfranchised. If not, why not ?

Whether we Stay In, Come Out...or partially In or Out....we are are going have a huge supply of S#it Sandwiches to munch on to put things in some kind of order after the upheaval already caused in the past two years.......and the problems facing all 28 countries are still there! The EU is Damaged Goods and needs a Makeover!
The Rest of the World is now a more accessible place with the communication networks and modern technology that exists! Both the EU and Britain need to embrace that fact and focus on a bigger picture! ....China and India and the Far East in general are big players now....not just the USA and Russia! The Insularity spouted on this Forum on behalf of the EU and Britain beggars belief! The mere point of what the Irish border issue has thrown up is an embarrassing example!

That's very elitist of you, 2 year old's have rightsw you know, and it's probably The Will of the People that she gets a vote.

"What do we want? A vote on Brexit!
When do we want it? After somebodies changed my nappy and let me go on the swings for a while."

Tbf we would get some brilliant policies if they were allowed to vote. Free marshmallows and all poopy-heads thrown in the sea.

Al, if my memory serves me correctly (and I was at the meetings) the Supporters trust members voted by a considerable majority to back the Sale and Leaseback, then on the night in question the ST board who had the final say, decided on a split vote to go against the members wishes and voted not to approve the deal. Half an hour later after uproar in the room and resignations they changed their mind. Now that was a chaotic night.:utc:

And that RH is what we will see tonight. Maybe!:grinning:

;