Non - Brexit

In the week that someone has been convicted of planning to murder their mp this is beyond crass, those who are supposed to protect the nation wasting public funds on propaganda are not fit to serve.

More bad news from the MoD

The Ministry of Defence has been criticised over its failure to dispose of 20 obsolete nuclear submarines.
Nine of the vessels still contain nuclear fuel, according to the government spending watchdog, the National Audit Office (NAO).
Failing to get rid of them risked the UK's reputation as a responsible nuclear power, the chairwoman of the Commons Public Accounts Committee said.
The MoD said it would dispose of them "as soon as practically possible".
  • According to the NAO, the department has not dismantled any of the submarines it has decommissioned since 1980.
  • In that time, the government has spent an estimated £500m storing the retired vessels in Rosyth, Fife, and Devonport, Devon.
The estimated cost of fully disposing of a submarine is £96m, the NAO said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47792539

In the week that someone has been convicted of planning to murder their mp this is beyond crass, those who are supposed to protect the nation wasting public funds on propaganda are not fit to serve.

Armchair critic from suburbia lambasting British Troops in Afghan for displaying a bit of squaddie humour. Here's a suggestion Jim, give P Company a go then pop out to Kabul and tell them they aren't fit to serve.

Do they find it funny that an mp has been murdered and another the target of a planned murder ?

Promoting violence isn't part of the duty of the armed forces, promoting it at this point in time shows a real lack of leadership and self awareness.

It's the rom/com Richard Curtis never took enough drugs to write.

PMQs Wed 3rd April.
T.M. " Umm, Hi Brexit buddy " Grins broadly across the dispatch box.
J.C. ( dressed like Poochie from the Simpsons) "YO, Tezz-Lah "
Stunned silence in the House, followed by uproar, Court Jester jumping up and down shouting "ORDAH, ORDAH ". ( rest of dialogue and end of scene to follow)

Final pre-credits scene.
T.M. and J.C. are cornered by an angry mob led by B.J. ( looking like Ralph Wigum in sad clown makeup) J.R.M. ( dressed as Lion tamer/Ringmaster ) ERG and others ( dressed as Inane Clown Posse). Backs against the wall :-
J.C. " Ready Tezzah? "
T.M. " Ready, Jezzah".
They both roll up their sleeves to reveal, newly inked Unicorn tattoos underscored by the word Brextopia. There's an almighty flash. As the smoke and dazziling light clears, we see T.M. and J.C. sat astride a magnificent multicoloured Unicorn, shi+ting glitter everywhere.
T.M. " Hold tightly my dearest. To the wheat fields of Brextopia"
J.C. grads T.M. tightly around the waist and shouts " Cow-a-bung-ah-ha-ha".
With that, the Unicorn departs as it arrived, in a shower of smoke, glitter and sh+t.

Credits roll

Final scene after the credits.
Cut to a luxurious bedroom, a sleeping David Cameron lifts his eye mask, yawns and says to his partner who's also just rousing.
" Yea know Sam, I've just had the weirdest dream about the reff"
Turns to tell Sam all about it, only to be confronted by an angry Danny Dyer exclaiming "TW+T". : )

Brilliant! When I thought it couldnt get any funnier....the final scene knocked it out the park!

Armchair critic from suburbia lambasting British Troops in Afghan for displaying a bit of squaddie humour. Here's a suggestion Jim, give P Company a go then pop out to Kabul and tell them they aren't fit to serve.

Personally I don't think it's a big deal. I'm sure nobody would think it's a big deal if people were shooting pictures of the Queen either. :unsure:

Do they find it funny that an mp has been murdered and another the target of a planned murder ?

Promoting violence isn't part of the duty of the armed forces, promoting it at this point in time shows a real lack of leadership and self awareness.

It's crass and in very poor taste.
There's a reason the Army have regiments that are public facing, clean and polite for the recruitment ads and civil duties.
There's a reason the Army keep the Paras hidden away in a cupboard marked 'dangerous'.
If you want to drop some blokes out the back of an aircraft to storm a cave full of Taliban wearing suicide vests - you break out the head-cases.

Im not a fan of Corbyn or much of his output.
As an ex- serviceman I hold the Paras in high esteem for their usual prof fessional output!
I understand the attempt at humour, and ive seen worse.....but something doesnt sit right with this in light of the terror in the world and with youth in some areas of our cities. Add to that...Corbyn is one of our citizens and hasnt as yet done anything to deserve that !
The Paras have not set any example or standards this time.

How do you look after and support the headcases when they are demobbed and have to look after themselves?

People in a gun club wouldnt expect to behave like that.

don’t like his often idiolistic view of the world

Voting for personalities and idiols has resulted in the leaderless omnishambles the country is in.

The country would be better served if the voters considered the policies on offer.
Greed is good view hasn't worked for the majority, the more idealistic view of binning austerity has now been adopted by the government.

His idealistic view of the world does have an influence on the party manifesto...

Factor in border controls on Europeans and the negativity this whole mess has created? You think those on the continent will be rushing to visit a country thats just told them all to get out and stay out?

Visa free short stay travel reciprocal agreement finalised. This is an example of how both sides of the campaign were couched in the extremes. It was never likely that an agreement on this wouldn't be reached. Same for air travel and medicine import. Suggesting that it wouldn't happen wasn't helpful and supported the accusations of 'project fear'.

https://www.consilium.europa.eu/en/...opean-parliament-reach-provisional-agreement/

Visa free short stay travel reciprocal agreement finalised. This is an example of how both sides of the campaign were couched in the extremes. It was never likely that an agreement on this wouldn't be reached. Same for air travel and medicine import. Suggesting that it wouldn't happen wasn't helpful and supported the accusations of 'project fear'.

https://www.consilium.europa.eu/en/...opean-parliament-reach-provisional-agreement/

So you mean a deal is agreed?

Funny everyone wants no deal...

Who said it wouldnt happen? Where in project fear did they say we wouldnt be allowed in europe? We need a deal like this one. We need a deal like this for everything, including the flights and medicines...thats why people sound pretty stupid when they say leave with no deal.

Last edited:

PS...I thought the EU were horrible people who were blocking us at every turn?

His idealistic view of the world does have an influence on the party manifesto...

Presumably why the members elected him as leader, who wouldn't want to try and achieve an ideal world for the next generation ?

The idealistic view has been increasingly adopted by the current government as the failure of austerity, privatisation and trickle down economics becomes more apparent every day

So you mean a deal is agreed?

Funny everyone wants no deal...

Well that's the point - "no deal" actually involves loads of mini deals on stuff like this. I'm not a no dealer but I think even people like John Redwood would tell you that.

"No deal" the term was actually created to illustrate a worst case scenario a lot of which was completely unrealistic and never likely to happen. Like needing a visa to go on holiday.

This unfortunately is where the 'project fear' accusers get their legs.

So is it unreasonable to criticise British troops at all? Or do we just have to laugh it off as "squaddie humour"?

In this case I would laugh it off despite all the bleeding heart posts that have followed. I've seen much worse and bearing in mind who they and where they are I would cut them some slack.
They are out of public view, on a range firing rounds of paint at a cutout of some nobber of a politician who has a history of supporting terrorism.

The daftest thing they did was put it on social media.

According to pollsters 2016 was going to be an easy win for remain.

Polls are meaningless guff

And wasn't Theresa May supposed to waltz into Number 10 with a hundred seat majority with a mandate to deliver Brexit? Polls indeed.

Like it or not, Jeremy Corbyn is popular among young people and if Corbyn can mobilise enough of them to go and vote, don't be too surprised if he became PM.
It is the new voters and the small number of folks who change parties that win elections, not the millions who blindly vote left or right no matter what.
Labour won constituencies such as Canterbury last time, don't forget.

If Corbyn can hold most of Labour intact as a unit however fragile an alliance and the Conservatives split over Brexit, Labour's chances only increase.

In this case I would laugh it off despite all the bleeding heart posts that have followed. I've seen much worse and bearing in mind who they and where they are I would cut them some slack.
They are out of public view, on a range firing rounds of paint at a cutout of some nobber of a politician who has a history of supporting terrorism.

The daftest thing they did was put it on social media.
My only surprise with your reply is that you used the phrase "bleeding heart" instead of "snowflake".

If they filmed it then they clearly weren't out of view were they?

"Bearing in mind who they are". British soldiers defending British democracy.

;