Non - Brexit

“Why do you reckon they do better than anywhere else?”

The obvious reason is that many of the most profitable industries in the UK are focused in London (investment banking, the stock exchange and other major exchanges, the Lloyd’s market, music publishing, film production, political lobbyists etc etc) and these all attract ambitious well educated people from across Europe. Capital cities have always attracted the brightest and best. I don’t think it is because of spending money building the DLR.

“Why do you reckon they do better than anywhere else?”

The obvious reason is that many of the most profitable industries in the UK are focused in London (investment banking, the stock exchange and other major exchanges, the Lloyd’s market, music publishing, film production, political lobbyists etc etc) and these all attract ambitious well educated people from across Europe. Capital cities have always attracted the brightest and best. I don’t think it is because of spending money building the DLR.

Of course it is down to transport infrastructure. People have studied this stuff extensively rather than you just having a reckon.

https://www.citymetric.com/transpor...r-public-transport-explains-uk-s-productivity

Productivity in London outstrips everywhere else in the UK and that is down to transport links and job mobility. Transport links in the rest of England are so far behind London and even other comparable European cities of similar size for exactly this reason.

Your 'obvious reason' London does so well is effectively the same reason I'm saying. It has a more dynamic labour market, with better transport links around the UK and globe than anywhere else in the country... because it's had billions more spent on it for centuries. What a surprise that all major institutions want to locate there.

It beggars belief that it takes 4 × 15 stone coppers to remove one 8 stone female from laying in the street.... and at the same time as knifing and gang/ drugs crime and is going on in other parts of London. How naive of Cressida Dick to think the protesters would shift location on her demand!
Ive always supported our police but it seems like they are sadly out of touch with priorities and how to operate !

Come on then ....they'm back on it today....lets have some Leave and Remain ' wear it on your sleevery'...more reams of inconsequential monologueitude....of ' Plagiarised' bullsh#t. ....the ins and outs of a badgers ar#e......while China and India flood our country with plastic fire guards, chocolate flavoured golf clubs, f#cking rice paper denim and robotic peacocks ...Pah!
Lucky baaarstewards , the politicos, pushed down the newspaper columns with the Colombo massacre, McKee Murder and the wee girl from Sweden monopolising the 'Common Sense Man of the Match' Stakes !
Come on then fingers on keyboards ....smash it down!

The fresh new party moving away from career out of touch politicians.....

Former Conservative MP Ann Widdecombe has announced she is set to return to politics - for the Brexit Party.
Ms Widdecombe, 71, said she would still vote Conservative in the upcoming local elections but would stand as a candidate for Nigel Farage's new party in the European elections.
She said she wanted to "fire a very loud warning shot across the bows" of the established parties.
The former shadow home secretary has been retired since 2010.
Writing in the Daily Express, Ms Widdecombe said the "last thing" she wanted was "a full-on return to the political fray" but she felt it necessary to re-affirm "the supremacy of the will of the people".
She added: "What the Remain campaign failed to achieve by fear must not be achieved by fatigue."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48034732

lots of scapegoat bingo, its all the fault of the remainers, no mention of what Leave means Linger plan to do to achieve Brexit.

Farage and a former Communist - weird and unusual bed fellows...These really are interesting times.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/brexi...mmunist-claire-fox-nigel-farage-brexit-party/

Claire Fox, writer and broadcaster, BBC pundit, and former Revolutionary Communist Party member has joined with Farage declaring that “I think far more is at stake now than whether we are in the EU or not. What’s at stake is democracy. I now intend to wholeheartedly target Labour lies and dishonesty in the weeks ahead.”

I kinda agree with Jimninia regarding the lack of a plan when it comes to Farage though, Jim certainly has a point there. May's deal remains the only detailed leaving plan on the table, and no amount of Farage soundbites changes that fact.

Widdicome is the last person we need back in politics....unless you want further division and venomous attitudes regarding Lgbt and Abortion etc.

She is against Ordination of Women....a view born out of a strange antiquated religious groove she is stuck in. I sent a letter to her constituency office in Maidstone suggesting that ' Only ' Women should be ordained based on the amount of Paedophile priests produced by her church (she converted to Catholic) No reply obviously but I bet she screamed blue murder!
Awful Woman....stupid hard-line views on Abortion!

It’s brilliant and I predicted it! The leave campaign is falling apart with no clue how to deliver its precious Brexit ........ and it’s all the fault of the remainers!

It’s brilliant and I predicted it! The leave campaign is falling apart with no clue how to deliver its precious Brexit ........ and it’s all the fault of the remainers!

Three years on and you still don't understand Brexit.

The 'leave campaign', whoever that's supposed to be, aren't responsible for delivering Brexit. They never have been.

Only the government is responsible for delivering Brexit.

If in a referendum you voted 'yes' to bring back hanging that doesn't mean it's on you to pull the lever!

Farage and a former Communist - weird and unusual bed fellows...These really are interesting times.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/brexi...mmunist-claire-fox-nigel-farage-brexit-party/

Claire Fox, writer and broadcaster, BBC pundit, and former Revolutionary Communist Party member has joined with Farage declaring that “I think far more is at stake now than whether we are in the EU or not. What’s at stake is democracy. I now intend to wholeheartedly target Labour lies and dishonesty in the weeks ahead.”

I kinda agree with Jimninia regarding the lack of a plan when it comes to Farage though, Jim certainly has a point there. May's deal remains the only detailed leaving plan on the table, and no amount of Farage soundbites changes that fact.

They cant write the plan down. Once they do, it is picked apart and the illusion will be shattered. They are hoping their empty slogans and fake patriotism will see this through. For the record I am referring to the politicians pushing this con, NOT the people who voted genuinely on the back of some of the promises they were given.

Why do we need a 'plan' or a 'deal' as espoused here and the media?

I voted to leave the corrupt, thieving mess that is the unelected EC.
That takes £millions of pounds from British taxpayers every day.

I voted to leave the jurisdiction of the European Court, so it is possible to deport those who commit serious crimes in this country.

The EU spokesmen, said before the referendum, that if the UK triggered Article 50, then it was a preference for the EU, to negotiate a trade treaty, AFTER the UK had completed it's resignation from the EU. What's the problem with that?

Ah yes, there is a downside; it will be difficult for hedge funds to do business in Europe with out a 'deal'

That's not much cop if you're the husband of the Prime Minister AND run a hedge fund is it?
Funny how the need for a General Election in 2017, was after the Mays went for a walk at Easter. Wonder what Philip had to say to Teresa on those rambles?

I voted to have control of fishing waters wrested back from Brussels, so it's fishermen from these islands, catching fish and having jobs.
Are you worried about the fish dutchcherry?
Single Dutch trawler lands 23 percent of all British fish
So long and thanks for all the fish? Dutch fear Brexit threat

Because a Withdrawl deal is required before a Trade deal.

Yes, the UK pays a sizeable membership fee, but on top of the refund and the EU investment back into the UK there’s also a huge benefit to UK businesses who because of increased business hire more UK workers and pay more UK tax.

I voted to leave the jurisdiction of the European Court, so it is possible to deport those who commit serious crimes in this country.

You’re thinking of the European Court of Human Rights which is totally independent of the EU and as set up before the EU by the Council of Europe suggested by Churchill.

The EU spokesmen, said before the referendum, that if the UK triggered Article 50, then it was a preference for the EU, to negotiate a trade treaty, AFTER the UK had completed it's resignation from the EU. What's the problem with that?

That’s exactly what May’s deal does.

Ah yes, there is a downside; it will be difficult for hedge funds to do business in Europe with out a 'deal'

That's not much cop if you're the husband of the Prime Minister AND run a hedge fund is it?
Funny how the need for a General Election in 2017, was after the Mays went for a walk at Easter. Wonder what Philip had to say to Teresa on those rambles?

I voted to have control of fishing waters wrested back from Brussels, so it's fishermen from these islands, catching fish and having jobs.

The UK is the only country in the EU that allows quotas to be sold. The Dutch trawler sails under a British flag and has Hull as its homeport. They pay taxes in the UK and provide employment to British fishermen. They purchased their quota from UK fishing companies that have sold up.

Its nice to know that despite all the debate and truths that people have explained to them they still write posts like the one above.

The lack of understanding of international trade or the political makeup of the EU is breathtaking.

PS...you cant just deport British citizens whether you hate them or not. We've been over this a few times. Do you still think we will send them to Australia or something?

Sad really.

Three years on and you still don't understand Brexit.

The 'leave campaign', whoever that's supposed to be, aren't responsible for delivering Brexit. They never have been.

Only the government is responsible for delivering Brexit.

If in a referendum you voted 'yes' to bring back hanging that doesn't mean it's on you to pull the lever!
The Leave means Linger supporters got the result they campaigned for with the default being no deal. The putting personal ambition before the good of thenation by the main players started the omnishambles. How much of our money has been and will be wasted before brexit happens?

Perhaps because the lack of a plan for the last 3 years is causing brexit to fail and lots of our money to be wasted ?

[QUOTE="Ah yes, there is a downside; it will be difficult for hedge funds to do business in Europe with out a 'deal'

His company is a 7-10% shareholder in Lockheed Martin. They seem to be doing well in arms sales these days.

So long and thanks for all the fish? Dutch fear Brexit threat[/QUOTE]

https://www.greenpeace.org.uk/press...t-codfathers-dominating-uks-fishing-industry/

Good luck with that.

Its nice to know that despite all the debate and truths that people have explained to them they still write posts like the one above.

The lack of understanding of international trade or the political makeup of the EU is breathtaking.

PS...you cant just deport British citizens whether you hate them or not. We've been over this a few times. Do you still think we will send them to Australia or something?

Sad really.

As a former international businessman, selling British made products internationally, I feel confident I've quite a good grasp of understanding.

You on the other hand, have failed to give any substantive argument for your slur. You have simply written something as a statement of fact 'The lack of understanding of international trade or the political makeup of the EU is breathtaking...' whilst failing to offer something concrete to back up your grand, sweeping statement.

As for the point of deportation; it was I who wrote that the UK being under the auspices of the ECJ, has prevented the deportation of violent criminals. I made no mention of British citizens, you have put those words. So what point are you trying to make with your comment? You may be interested in the fact that Australia DOES deport violent criminals, coupled with removing their right of abode in Australia https://www.gotocourt.com.au/immigration/deportation/

So Druss, how about reading what I actually wrote, complete with substantive facts and responding with a credible response?

Perhaps because the lack of a plan for the last 3 years is causing brexit to fail and lots of our money to be wasted ?

That money being wasted. Is it the £39 Billion? And my point was clear, which you have ignored and gone off on a tangent. Why do we need a plan?

Exit as per EU wishes to negotiate AFTER the triggering of Article 50. That was what I wrote, you have not responded to my statement.

Last edited:

;