Non - Brexit

They were your figures. I have no idea if they are accurate. If you think Germany would simply give up 15% of its exports during a prolonged recession without a fight then you appear to be slightly ..err I dunno. How can I say it without resorting to your level of insults ?
They were just German companies as an example. Regardless, we are only 15% their size. I’m sure they will pick up between them our 15% and do well and prosper. You should be proud of yourself that you voted to give poorer EU countries some of the U.K. exports/ GDP and give back that 15%. It a lot of fish but I’m sure our brave lads out at sea will defy the odds and fight the French and try and make up the difference to our overall GDP.

They were just German companies as an example. Regardless, we are only 15% their size. I’m sure they will pick up between them our 15% and do well and prosper. You should be proud of yourself that you voted to give poorer EU countries some of the U.K. exports/ GDP and give back that 15%. It a lot of fish but I’m sure our brave lads out at sea will defy the odds and fight the French and try and make up the difference to our overall GDP.

So you made it up...thanks. Pop back with some proper figures and I'll happily debate them.

Wouldn't that impact on your environmental views ? These people need housing and I'm not sure about your neck of the woods but its pretty grim down here, green belt getting swallowed up left right and centre. Germany is a vast country, Merkel made an ill judged decision that may come to fruition further down the line but its been a bit of a shitstorm so far.[/QUOTE

Wouldn't that impact on your environmental views ? These people need housing and I'm not sure about your neck of the woods but its pre
tty grim down here, green belt getting swallowed up left right and centre. Germany is a vast country, Merkel made an ill judged decision that may come to fruition further down the line but its been a bit of a shitstorm so far.
Good lord. You seriously think I would put environmental concerns before the lives of people.

So you made it up...thanks. Pop back with some proper figures and I'll happily debate them.
Stan: Staggering that the much maligned Merkel is now a paragon of virtue and hope. At least we can acknowledge the true European power house.
You: A power house courtesy of the EU of course. Cleverly done on their part but they fully understand the importance of having the UK as a trade partner.

So if I quote overall GDP figures, and bearing in mind your German focused comments to which I replied with a few German company names, how have I made things up ?

This thread is hilarious!

Its about Tribes if you go deeper!

Ere look....an average Macunian is vastly different than an average Truronian..politically and culturally.
Likewise A Geordie is vastly different than a Man of Kent.
A Bournemouthian is vastly different than a
Liverpudlian.. and so on.
That's before we even get close to looking at the differences between a Neapolitan, a Brummie, a Swansea Jack and a Valencian.
Its All Bollux.. this EU/Brexit nonsense. Just Meat for Politicians to Mince....in the pretence of appearing to represent anyone but their own selves!
Christ look...a Fisherman be he French ,English, Danish or Jockanese just wants to catch Fish....from anywhere in the Sea..he don't care what goes on between Dorks in Westminster or L' embecilia in Brussels!

We are no more bloody civilised than the likes of Leif Erikson, Chris Columbus or Captain Pugwash despite Treaties or Sweeties between arrangements or assemblies of people in Cities scattered around the ' Continent'....I mean wtf is a Continent when you come to weigh up the needs of a village in the Lake District, the Dales, a Stoke pottery..or a Portland Quarry?
Its all bollux.....things have to be de-centralised....you just cannot have a beak in Brussels, across a sea, telling a Baker in Barnsley how to run his life or business...its just impractical.....Tribes....listen to your own Chiefs!

Last edited:
Explains why countries like NZ, Australia, Canada, Norway , Switzerland are on the bones of their arse I guess.:whist:
NZ - isolated and very expensive. Long way from U.K.
Aus - digs coal and iron ore from the ground and sells to China. Nothing else. Long way from U.K.
Canada - next door to USA. Long way from U.K.
Norway - eu single market or customs union. One for the other, can’t remember. £10 a pint. Close to the EU. Realises it’s geographical neighbours.
Switzerland- member of the eu customs Union, boring and its £3-4 a pint of milk. Realises it’s geographical neighbours. Also voted recently to continue freedom of movement, so is still close to the EU.

Good lord. You seriously think I would put environmental concerns before the lives of people.

You would welcome 1 million refugees, the massive unemployment rate as a consequence and the impact on public services such as the NHS, Police, Social services and housing ?

Merkel may be my new best Fraulein (she's probably married though) but there was method in her madness and it was to fuel the powerhouse.

You posted some German names, attached a figure to them and dressed it up as an argument that German exports to the UK is suddenly immaterial.
Oh my god. Do you work for the daily Mail? ‘You said something, it sounded like 5+5 but I heard 10 +3 so I must say elephant’.

NZ - isolated and very expensive. Long way from U.K.
Aus - digs coal and iron ore from the ground and sells to China. Nothing else. Long way from U.K.
Canada - next door to USA. Long way from U.K.
Norway - eu single market or customs union. One for the other, can’t remember. £10 a pint. Close to the EU. Realises it’s geographical neighbours.
Switzerland- member of the eu customs Union, boring and its £3-4 a pint of milk. Realises it’s geographical neighbours. Also voted recently to continue freedom of movement, so is still close to the EU.

Yet not one on the bones of their arse.

Yet not one on the bones of their arse.
Yes correct Rodney, but 52% of their population is not ill informed and were not encouraged to vote for something that when made reality.....makes them poorer and result basically in economic sanctions on themselves. You should do evening classes mate. I suggest history, economics, law and geography. And Art. Don’t know why but I’m sure you can do a decent finger painting.

What were the made up figures Mr Magnus Magnusson ?

Links are always welcome on the forum, we can discuss them good or bad. Lets not forget you want Angela to flush 15% of her exports down the bog because you think we're a bunch of uneducated morons.

That's a pretty big ask in my book, obviously not yours.

Bearing in mind we had a sovereign parliament, a veto over any so called EU army, no pressure on being in the euro, likewise schengen, laws to allow us to control immigration we did not use because immigrants pay more in tax than they take out, 50 odd trade free trade deals with other countries, and being part of a group that dictates trade deals and does not get pushed around, as well as having the best deal out of any EU member, you voted to leave all of that. Why?

Did we really have a sovereign parliament? Apparently we can leave the EU whenever we like... yet here we are with the Good Friday Agreement being used by the EU to try and force the UK to adopt EU state subsidy and customs rules.

We have a veto against an EU army? Well we used to have a veto on everything but now we have majority voting a load of issues that our politicians didn't think were important. How can we stop them giving away our veto rights on other important areas?

Even in areas we do have the veto we constantly have UK politicians voting for things that don't have a majority support (such as the Maastricht Treaty) so how are we as UK voters supposed to stop that?

Also, if being a part of the EU is so unambiguously brilliant how come the EU are bending over backwards (and using the GFA) to try and keep us within their influence? It couldn't be that they are worried that we'll use taxation and state aid to become more competitive that them could it?

Yes correct Rodney, but 52% of their population is not ill informed and were not encouraged to vote for something that when made reality.....makes them poorer and result basically in economic sanctions on themselves. You should do evening classes mate. I suggest history, economics, law and geography. And Art. Don’t know why but I’m sure you can do a decent finger painting.

100% of their population must be morons as none of these countries are members of the EU the thick idiots.

Presumably all the Norwegians are thick for the same reason. The Irish are thick for not signing up to schengen. What about those thick Danish idiots who haven't signed up to the Euro? Morons.

;