Non - Can This Bloke Become President Of The United States?

Well since the republic has been formed no ex president has EVER seen the inside of a jail cell .
Crack on if you like though ,but as I said you sound as nutty as the election fraud loons .

With all due respects, if USCherry is nutty ... let's not forget he lives here and you do not, so it's a question of who may be the better informed .... then perhaps one could accuse you of being arrogant and probably lacking a spread of intel sources.

To further substantiate that theory, going back to a comment of yours in #1479 "It’s the South", suggests that your geographical knowledge is OK but that your 21st century knowledge of NW Florida demographics is not so hot. Fair enough, you are not expected to know about the population shift this far from your back yard. As such, maybe a little more thought before issuing fatuous comments?

But, this is a forum for one and all to voice their opinions on subjects. However, it should be without the fear of being called nutty or worse.

Yes, election fraud is doubtless just another of Trumps' diversionary tactics but there is a very real chance that the crimes for which he is and will be investigated could eventually result in conviction ( maybe jail ). There's always a first time.

I love the fact that the strongest allegations of voter fraud so far stem from backdating ballots by the post office in Erie Pennsylvania. Even if it turns out to be true they tracked down the number effected and it turns out its 2 ballots and they wouldn't have known who they voted for anyway lol

Every case has been thrown out so far. Its time for the Orange one to finally grow up and accept the loss.

With all due respects, if USCherry is nutty ... let's not forget he lives here and you do not, so it's a question of who may be the better informed .... then perhaps one could accuse you of being arrogant and probably lacking a spread of intel sources.

To further substantiate that theory, going back to a comment of yours in #1479 "It’s the South", suggests that your geographical knowledge is OK but that your 21st century knowledge of NW Florida demographics is not so hot. Fair enough, you are not expected to know about the population shift this far from your back yard. As such, maybe a little more thought before issuing fatuous comments?

But, this is a forum for one and all to voice their opinions on subjects. However, it should be without the fear of being called nutty or worse.

Yes, election fraud is doubtless just another of Trumps' diversionary tactics but there is a very real chance that the crimes for which he is and will be investigated could eventually result in conviction ( maybe jail ). There's always a first time.

Well that was a very long winded theory you substantiated .Unfortunately it falls at the very first hurdle . Perhaps I do live in the US , maybe I even live in Florida . Maybe I could call your assumption “fatuous” it’s at least arrogant .
As far as abusing posters I said the theory that Trump is going to jail is as crazy as electoral fraud , I didn’t see you standing up for the posters that were getting sh*t loads of abuse for suggesting that electoral fraud was real , seems a little hypocritical or maybe it’s just you have extreme double standards .

I’ll tell you what get back to me when Trumps being led out of court in handcuffs , it’s not going to happen no matter how much you wish it so .
I thought we were talking about whether it is possible it would happen, rather than whether I want it to or not. This isn't some kind of whacky conspiracy which I think is where your skepticism was originally

Literally right now on CNN they are discussing if Trump resigns whether, politically, it would be in Pence's interest to pardon him

Well that was a very long winded theory you substantiated .Unfortunately it falls at the very first hurdle . Perhaps I do live in the US , maybe I even live in Florida . Maybe I could call your assumption “fatuous” it’s at least arrogant .
As far as abusing posters I said the theory that Trump is going to jail is as crazy as electoral fraud , I didn’t see you standing up for the posters that were getting sh*t loads of abuse for suggesting that electoral fraud was real , seems a little hypocritical or maybe it’s just you have extreme double standards .

I was responding only to your post. There's no rule that says one has to respond to everyone else's post. Consider yourself special

As such, "long winded" or not, the post is neither hypocritical, nor double standard.

Incidentally, check out the definition of arrogance and fatuous. You might learn something.

I thought we were talking about whether it is possible it would happen, rather than whether I want it to or not. This isn't some kind of whacky conspiracy which I think is where your skepticism was originally

The discussion started with Def who was saying it was a likely hood and something Trump feared and why he wasn’t conceding , it’s all good fun for the talking heads on CNN etc , but Trump is NOT going to jail , that’s it .

Anyway is certainly won’t say it’s a “nutty “ idea again or that idiot Kens pound will tell me off for being mean to you , I hope your made of tougher stuff than that ;)

I was responding only to your post. There's no rule that says one has to respond to everyone else's post. Consider yourself special

As such, "long winded" or not, the post is neither hypocritical, nor double standard.

Incidentally, check out the definition of arrogance and fatuous. You might learn something.

f*ck me you are some kind of arrogant **************** aren’t you ...welcome to the forum .

I have to keep reminding my mum to take CNN with a pinch of salt since it largely runs as a centre left Fox news BUT I do think it is pretty disingenuous to assert that Trump doesn't fear the threat of jail. He's had a lifetime of being lazy when covering up his indiscretions but this presidency has laid bare a lot of what he's been getting up to. He never set himself up to be a career politician and career politicians are much smarter when it comes to covering up their crimes. As I said, he most likely won't go to prison but he's in a lot of debt and those lawyers are not cheap!

The discussion started with Def who was saying it was a likely hood and something Trump feared and why he wasn’t conceding , it’s all good fun for the talking heads on CNN etc , but Trump is NOT going to jail , that’s it .

Anyway is certainly won’t say it’s a “nutty “ idea again or that idiot Kens pound will tell me off for being mean to you , I hope your made of tougher stuff than that ;)

I have to keep reminding my mum to take CNN with a pinch of salt since it largely runs as a centre left Fox news BUT I do think it is pretty disingenuous to assert that Trump doesn't fear the threat of jail. He's had a lifetime of being lazy when covering up his indiscretions but this presidency has laid bare a lot of what he's been getting up to. He never set himself up to be a career politician and career politicians are much smarter when it comes to covering up their crimes. As I said, he most likely won't go to prison but he's in a lot of debt and those lawyers are not cheap!

I watched a lot of CNN over the election period and the bias really started to wind me up after a while. So much so that they wouldn't just give you updates when votes totals came in they had to always turn it into a positive for Biden.

Even when they were questioning the truth of Trumps allegations they had no objectivity whatsoever - just said everything was a lie instead of asking themselves if there was any truth to any of what he said.

I wanted to contrast it with Fox but I didn't have that on my TV.

I watched a lot of CNN over the election period and the bias really started to wind me up after a while. So much so that they wouldn't just give you updates when votes totals came in they had to always turn it into a positive for Biden.

Even when they were questioning the truth of Trumps allegations they had no objectivity whatsoever - just said everything was a lie instead of asking themselves if there was any truth to any of what he said.

The election coverage on Fox was pretty fair and balanced and I personally preferred it to all the other channels. As long as they kept their talking heads like Carlson, Hannanity, Ingrahams and other opinionisers out of the way, it was clear, unambiguous and usually ahead of the other news outlets.

I think you hit the nail on the head when you said Biden will pardon him just to make him go away . Truth is Trump knows where all the bodies are buried now and nobody want a lunatic Trump distraction around when they’re trying to run the country .

I think you hit the nail on the head when you said Biden will pardon him just to make him go away . Truth is Trump knows where all the bodies are buried now and nobody want a lunatic Trump distraction around when they’re trying to run the country .

I also doubt there's much public backing of throwing Trump in jail, not for tax or financial crimes anyway. A former head of state in jail is a national embarrassment that most moderates won't want.

In such a divided country its the last thing they need. He needs to keep his side if the bargain and start to respect their institutions though.

I also doubt there's much public backing of throwing Trump in jail, not for tax or financial crimes anyway. A former head of state in jail is a national embarrassment that most moderates won't want.

In such a divided country its the last thing they need. He needs to keep his side if the bargain and start to respect their institutions though.
I think most people want the law (and sentencing) applied equally no matter who you are

Careful Def your making the career politicians sound even worse than Trumpy
;)

;