NON: Cardiff or Brighton

Also in the programme that day Vincent Tan wrote

"The game of football is founded on competition and rivalry, but a times like this the spirit of humanity and unity comes to the fore. We feel it and we thank everybody for their well-wishes"

No mention there about the spirit of humanity and unity also including reneging on your responsibilities to other Football Clubs that you have done business with.

One of the big problems with this Forum....and its highlighted by the Brexit thread...is people just cannot step aside from their views occasionally and accept that we all have different backgrounds and needs. Compromise is somehow kept at the end of the proverbial Ten Foot Bargepole!
Trying different angles is totally alien...and the sensitivity is sometimes so bizarre.......leads me to think that it reflects why, as a Nation we are now so Brittle !

One of the big problems with this Forum....and its highlighted by the Brexit thread...is people just cannot step aside from their views occasionally and accept that we all have different backgrounds and needs. Compromise is somehow kept at the end of the proverbial Ten Foot Bargepole!
Trying different angles is totally alien...and the sensitivity is sometimes so bizarre.......leads me to think that it reflects why, as a Nation we are now so Brittle !

To what exactly are you referring on this thread?

I think ive probably said enough for today! Maybe too much and im making a sweeping generalisation that unfortunately is going rub up on the more sensitive souls....as is usual with my somewhat choleric and abrasive nature !
I'm not a particularly sensitive soul, but I certainly like to think that I can tell the difference between right and wrong when I see it.

Seems weird that there's even an argument about whether he was a Cardiff player or not. Surely a simple perusal of the paperwork would confirm this, or not ?

And if he was a Cardiff player, then why the hell wasn't he insured ? You wouldn't dream of driving a car out of the showroom onto the public road without insurance cover, would you ?

I think ive probably said enough for today! Maybe too much and im making a sweeping generalisation that unfortunately is going rub up on the more sensitive souls....as is usual with my somewhat choleric and abrasive nature !

But the idea is that posts are supposed to make sense. English is my first language and I know what all the words mean individually, but they way that you have assembled them makes it hard to extract any kind of point at all.

But the idea is that posts are supposed to make sense. English is my first language and I know what all the words mean individually, but they way that you have assembled them makes it hard to extract any kind of point at all.

Thats what I do..assemble words, my way....like for example the Sun...I dont like that so I dont buy it.....you could put me on Ignore ..again!
I know exactly which posters im likely to Annoy....and which ones im likely to make laugh! I dont take any poster too seriously..no point!
I just see it as an Entertainment medium...like Football is meant to be!
I have no rigid filters so the assembly of words are random....and might be of the incorrect usage sometimes ..I dont know....or care much tbh !

No love for either team ....but through gritted teeth and the fact we always seem to get plenty of points from them I have to say Brighton to stay up ..of course I would still be ecstatic if they went down .

Edited to say Cardiff truly are hypocritical c*nts.

Imagine for a moment fate transpired differently.

The plane lands safely, Sala is a massive success in the PL, scores 18 goals in half a season, Cardiff stay up and every single elite European club is preparing massive transfer bids this summer.

Suddenly Nantes pipe up:-

“Actually Cardiff you never registered him properly he’s still our player”

“Hello is that Real Madrid? Sala is yours for £100m”

Cardiff are really going to be fine with that aren’t they....

Isn't it because insurance companies will only cover plane accidents on bona-fide commercial flights not hookey ones like that?

I'm not an insurance professional, bug if that were the case then I think that the insurance company would be chasing an action against Sala, his agents, and advisors but would have paid Cardiff. The fact that Cardiff are refusing to pay smells like they as a club have left themselves exposed somehow. Else you'd leave the insurance firm with its hordes of lawyers t to sort it amongst themselves

On-topic, I'd have been very happy to see Brighton go down, but this business left me disgusted so would prefer Cardiff dropped. We can watch Brighton struggle next year instead. Hopefully Brighton, Leeds, and then up the road to fill out 18-20 next May

Tough call tonight.
No love for either.
Even if Brighton lose, they still have that game in hand, and if they win just once between now and the end of the season, Cardiff will have to win 3 times.
Not going to happen.

I think it's bye bye Cardiff and their fake sorrow.

Brighton are essential points to us next season in our own survival.
They can have one more season and be relegated next season...(with us ;0)

Imagine for a moment fate transpired differently.

The plane lands safely, Sala is a massive success in the PL, scores 18 goals in half a season, Cardiff stay up and every single elite European club is preparing massive transfer bids this summer.

Suddenly Nantes pipe up:-

“Actually Cardiff you never registered him properly he’s still our player”

“Hello is that Real Madrid? Sala is yours for £100m”

Cardiff are really going to be fine with that aren’t they....

Cardiff are claiming that it was the Premier League that had not registered his signing, so this scenario simply could not have happened.

To respond to Cockbeard’s point, I have seen a report in the trade press that Cardiff City have an Accident & Health policy at Lloyd’s for Personal Accident (PA) cover of £16 million (per player). The lead insurer is China Re, which has 16% of the claim exposure. To use a betting term, China Re had laid off the other 84% of the risk among other insurers, so as to spread its own risk. The technical term for this is reinsurance.

Because there is so much reinsurance of PA policies there are standard terms and conditions as to what is or isn’t covered, but these can be tweaked as part of negotiating the deal.

When a valid claim at Lloyd’s is accepted by the lead insurer then the money is collected from the reinsurers the same day through a clearing house. So the fact that the money is contributed by a number of reinsurers is not going to be an issue.

I don’t know the details of course but it seems to me there could be one or more of four problems here which, in order of severity, are:

1) the PA cover covered commercial flights only, in which case it seems highly unlikely that Cardiff would have a valid claim. Who arranged the flight would be of no concern to the the insurer, what matters is that it was not a commercial flight;

2) the PA cover required Cardiff to notify the insurer every time they added a new player and they didn’t do so. (That requirement is possible but would be unusual.);

3) the PA cover stipulated different levels of cover for first team and junior players and, because Sala apparently did not have a valid registration with the Premier League, Cardiff might only have a valid claim for a lesser amount than the maximum £16 million e.g. it was £16 million for PL registered players, £5 million for other players, £5 million for coaching and medical staff and £2 million for all other staff;

4) the £16 million cover in place is simply not enough to cover the amounts Cardiff have contracted to pay out, leaving them with a shortfall.

Last edited:
Cardiff are claiming that it was the Premier League that had not registered his signing, so this scenario simply could not have happened.

This Premier League registration seems to me to be a complete red herring. Player registration with a club is via a FIFA recognised process carried out by the competent football authorities, in this case the Football Association of Wales and the French FA. That determines who has the contract with the player.

Whether a club then properly arranges the registration of that player for different competitions is a completely separate question.

;