Non - Conservative Leadership Race

Should be an automatic general election whenever the leadership is changed.
I’m not sure about this. Doesn’t it go against our whole political system. We don’t vote for a leader. We vote for our local MP and accept that the dominant party win and select a lead minister. We are not presidential and our prime minister isn’t head of state.

I would like to see change to the whole system to make it fairer and not have the queen as head of state so I’m with you in principle but…. as the system currently stands I think we just have to accept it as all parties do the same… it’s not a Tory thing.

I’m not sure about this. Doesn’t it go against our whole political system. We don’t vote for a leader. We vote for our local MP and accept that the dominant party win and select a lead minister. We are not presidential and our prime minister isn’t head of state.

I would like to see change to the whole system to make it fairer and not have the queen as head of state so I’m with you in principle but…. as the system currently stands I think we just have to accept it as all parties do the same… it’s not a Tory thing.

Yes, this is the first of many changes I would make, including proportional representation, elected second chamber and the abolition of the royal family.

As well as putting their favourites into safe seats where they have no connection to the area because the locals vote out of habit. My MP in Fareham was Suella Braverman whose only connection was a hasty pre-election photoshoot by some boats on a day trip down from London.

I do know this stuff but when it's playing out so publically in front of the nation and to a lesser degree the world it's so in your face and it underlines how weak the political will for change in the UK is. I'm still bitter about the STV referendum.
Yes it's odd isn't it?

We seem to be ever more supine and happy to believe anything that the MSM tells us.

Sunak... grinning and dancing about in Another Photo Shoot..like a f√cking film star at the tw@tting Oscars...while serious problems are current in the Nation and World .
His entourage the same...
Bloodboil and ScreenPunch stuff .What are these Cnuts on?

Yes, this is the first of many changes I would make, including proportional representation, elected second chamber and the abolition of the royal family.
If the rumours are correct then Johnson elevating a huge number of people to the Lords might bring forward an elected second chamber sooner rather than later. There could then be a push for PR in the second house, meaning that we get some of the way there if not all.

You can forget the abolition of the Royal Family, the papers would lose too much money.

One of the main topics in the debate tonight should be the crisis in our NHS and what Sunak and Truss are ‘really’ going to do about it.

One of the main topics in the debate tonight should be the crisis in our NHS and what Sunak and Truss are ‘really’ going to do about it.
You're being very hopeful. They're trying to appeal to the Conservative membership who are generally wealthy and not particularly favourable toward the NHS.

You're being very hopeful. They're trying to appeal to the Conservative membership who are generally wealthy and not particularly favourable toward the NHS.

There is a studio audience tonight which I think is made up from the general public so hopefully that topical question will be asked.

The members might be interested in other things, but there will be a lot of people who can vote at the next election watching for their answers on things that matter to the majority of the country.

I’d love to know if anyone had a stopwatch on them to see how much Sunak talks in direct comparison to Truss. If you don’t stop him talking he just keeps on going and going and going and going, he’s like a really posh version of the drunk bloke at the bar who will talk to anyone and you can’t get away…

;