Non - Conservative Leadership Race

The Tories have Severe problems .. they are a severe National problem..Labour have Severe problems too. ... The whole Parlaiment is a Severe National problem....subsequently to that delightful scenario we are in severely Deep Deep Sh*t as a Nation.... .
...but then you see .. you see what's going down in the EU's province of France ...contrary to what some Brits living in quiet parts of Normandy/ Brittany might declare ..the bulk of that nation is in complete Social disarray .

The Tories have Severe problems .. they are a severe National problem..Labour have Severe problems too. ... The whole Parlaiment is a Severe National problem....subsequently to that delightful scenario we are in severely Deep Deep Sh*t as a Nation.... .
...but then you see .. you see what's going down in the EU's province of France ...contrary to what some Brits living in quiet parts of Normandy/ Brittany might declare ..the bulk of that nation is in complete Social disarray .

I thought I was a worrier 'til I started reading your posts. At least I only worry about the end of the world being nigh imminently. worrying about the present..... is so last century! I've confused myself now. Nurse!

I find that Jenrick character a right tosser.. stand by to stand by to get poorer if that cock- jockey declares as a candidate, wins the motherf√cker and becomes PM.
Further to that.. as I dig into the remaining bits of salt/ sweet popcorn from last evening...
...I really don't want that little sphincter- sucker Shapps or the sly and sinister People traffickeress Pritipotty Patel..making rules that I have to live by !...No Godamn thanks Batman !

Last edited:
I thought I was a worrier 'til I started reading your posts. At least I only worry about the end of the world being nigh imminently. worrying about the present..... is so last century! I've confused myself now. Nurse!

Ah the " Nurse" exclamation once again aimed across Devon and Dorset and landing here in Cornwall where there is a shortage of readily available nurses to call upon the afflicted Boomers...whereupon we have to administer our own .. 'meds' ...and refocus our constitution in DIY fashion..Hey Ho and f√ckin' Ro Tiddly O !

Good 'ol ' afcb' Forum.

Ah the " Nurse" exclamation once again aimed across Devon and Dorset and landing here in Cornwall where there is a shortage of readily available nurses to call upon the afflicted Boomers...whereupon we have to administer our own .. 'meds' ...and refocus our constitution in DIY fashion..Hey Ho and Ro Tiddly O !

Good 'ol ' afcb' Forum.

I meant for me you mad old self-obsessed bugger :love:

Could be wrong, but think there is something lacking in Starmer to win an election.
I know what you mean, but I think his chances are decent.

Tory/Labour go in cycles and it feels like a cycle is coming to a close. Starmer (also Ed Davey) are probably going the right way in appealing to the widest possible audience throwing soundbites to Tory voters knowing even if it upsets the left or liberals they'll still vote for him/them, much like Blair. They maybe dull, but dull has proven to be a selling point just lately.

And I look at the Tory field of runners and riders and struggle to see where they go and who would inspire. Although sometimes a surprise does come through the field. Would any of them hold or build upon the coalition of voters from 2019? Probably not.

As a side note, it would be interesting if it is the Tories who have not just the first female leaders but also potentially a leader from a minority background.

I thought that kind of casual racism was a thing of the past.
Not sure it what spirit the original comment was made, but it does seem pretty amazing how ethnically diverse the list of candidates is. Personally I find it really hard to square with their approach to immigration today and assumptions I had about Labour being the more diverse and inclusive party.

Tory/Labour go in cycles and it feels like a cycle is coming to a close. Starmer (also Ed Davey) are probably going the right way in appealing to the widest possible audience throwing soundbites to Tory voters knowing even if it upsets the left or liberals they'll still vote for him/them, much like Blair. They maybe dull, but dull has proven to be a selling point just lately.

And I look at the Tory field of runners and riders and struggle to see where they go and who would inspire. Although sometimes a surprise does come through the field. Would any of them hold or build upon the coalition of voters from 2019? Probably not.

As a side note, it would be interesting if it is the Tories who have not just the first female leaders but also potentially a leader from a minority background.

I think the problem is the electoral system is against him. With Scotland gone it'll be incredibly hard for Labour to win an outright majority, even with Conservatives in a state. A post-election coalition with the Lib-Dems possible though.

Not sure it what spirit the original comment was made, but it does seem pretty amazing how ethnically diverse the list of candidates is. Personally I find it really hard to square with their approach to immigration today and assumptions I had about Labour being the more diverse and inclusive party.

I think the irony is that women and ethnically diverse people have a harder time being accepted by the general public if they represent left leaning parties.

Thatcher had to appear especially strong and hard-nosed in order to avoid perceptions of being a see as a stereotypically weak woman, May likewise. Priti Patel has had to be especially hard on immigration as Home Secretary to avoid a perception that she supports immigration from black and brown people.

The hypocrisy is outstanding.

All of the candidates are promising to be hard on economic migrants at the same time, three of them are indeed economic migrants or from parents who were.

The hypocrisy is outstanding.

All of the candidates are promising to be hard on economic migrants at the same time, three of them are indeed economic migrants or from parents who were.
Agree. And the stupidest part of all this is that at the moment the economy is crying out for economic migrants.

Agree. And the stupidest part of all this is that at the moment the economy is crying out for economic migrants.

I'm not sure that is necessarily true. Half of our problem is an over-reliance on cheap imported labour, which has caused underinvestment in capital and absolutely shocking productivity stats. Firms don't pay immigrant labour (or anyone for that matter) enough at the lower end of the labour market hence why minimum wage earners can't afford to live without subsidies.

We've had years of GDP growth based on immigration alone, which is all good news for the wealthiest people in society but serves to exacerbate income inequality and the gap between rich and poor.

Neil Kinnock was Welsh
Alec Doulas Home was Scottish

;