Non - Cost of Living

My energy provider is now offering a fixed price tariff.

Has anyone taken up one of these yet or waiting to see how things go?

Snippets from MSE email on Friday.

Energy bills will fall by an average 7% from 1 October 2023, after Ofgem today announced a new lower level for the Energy Price Cap…
…The current predictions are that after the October fall, it’ll rise by 6% in January 2024 (to £2,033/year for a typical household), drop 3% in April (to a typical £1,964/year) and fall 2% in July (to £1,917) – though the further out you go, the more it is crystal-ball gazing. If the predictions are right, it'll still leave people paying close to double what they did before the energy crisis hit in autumn 2021…
…Based on current Price Cap predictions, we reckon it's worth considering a fixed deal if it's priced under the current July Price Cap, especially if you value certainty about what you'll pay. But it's a complex decision…

Make sure you do your calculations to see if it would work for you. Ive just taken up a new fixed tariff with BG but it includes cheap leccy between midnight and 4am. This makes it worth it for us. Most importantly it has no exit fee so if better deals come along we can move.

I have gone for a fixed price tariff for 12 months the predicted saving was a fair chunk, the daily charge was less and unit cost

Snippets from MSE email on Friday.

Energy bills will fall by an average 7% from 1 October 2023, after Ofgem today announced a new lower level for the Energy Price Cap…
…The current predictions are that after the October fall, it’ll rise by 6% in January 2024 (to £2,033/year for a typical household), drop 3% in April (to a typical £1,964/year) and fall 2% in July (to £1,917) – though the further out you go, the more it is crystal-ball gazing. If the predictions are right, it'll still leave people paying close to double what they did before the energy crisis hit in autumn 2021…
…Based on current Price Cap predictions, we reckon it's worth considering a fixed deal if it's priced under the current July Price Cap, especially if you value certainty about what you'll pay. But it's a complex decision…
But consumers can expect cheaper bills from October as, according to the Cornwall forecast, energy regulator Ofgem will bring its price cap down to £1,823 for an annual average household bill.

At the moment, typical yearly energy bills cost £2,053.

Make sure you do your calculations to see if it would work for you. Ive just taken up a new fixed tariff with BG but it includes cheap leccy between midnight and 4am. This makes it worth it for us. Most importantly it has no exit fee so if better deals come along we can move.

From the annual figure I have been offered, it is just above Ofgem’s prediction for the annual average bill.

So bit like swings and roundabouts at the moment.

The plus with a fixed one you know exactly what you are paying each month.

From the annual figure I have been offered, it is just above Ofgem’s prediction for the annual average bill.

So bit like swings and roundabouts at the moment.

The plus with a fixed one you know exactly what you are paying each month.
who is your energy supplier?

Saving money with regard to energy is incorporating the use of common sense. Last Winter I still made credit on my account each month. I switched everything off that was on standby. i.e. t.v. and sky box. I unplugged my electric alarm clock during the day whilst at work. I only had the heating on for one hour (bedroom only) in the evenings whilst watching the T.V. in bed. I only used the light on the cooker hob to do all cooking as opposed to having the main kitchen light on. I had a shave every other morning with the light of the moon. I showered every other day (as opposed to every day) in the dark as the pilot light gave off enough light to see what one is doing (keeping the bathroom light off). I kept all the internal doors closed to keep the heat from dispersing around the bungalow. This may seem trivial but it all adds up at the end of the month. I was making around £6 in credit each month during the Winter.

Unfortunately common sense isn't very common with some people.

;