Non - Cost of Living

So do you want different opinions or not? Just two posts ago you spent several paragraphs writing that you don't. Make your mind up.
I probably meant that I wanted sensible opinions only.. the type of which I tend to promote....but I do get carried away somewhat in emotionally charged rants...and say too much.

Bought unleaded today somewhere in the Taunton area for 147.9p.

In our area the cheapest I have seen recently is in the New Milton area of between 152.9 to 153p.

Came across an article with the cheapest in the Derbyshire area today being 139.9p.

Then this link below has the cheapest price in UK at 138.9p.

Diesel 115.9p.

So this big difference in prices, are our drivers being ripped off?

Inflation falling is very good news. Crediting the government for it is a nonsense though. Mind you so is blaming them for inflation in the first place.

A step in the right direction.

The BoE were considering putting rates up the other week (though ultimately held them). Hopefully this helps nudge them away from that thought.

A step in the right direction.

The BoE were considering putting rates up the other week (though ultimately held them). Hopefully this helps nudge them away from that thought.

I really do wonder if all this messing around with rates had any real impact at all. It's not like the old days when rates changes feed through to the money supply relatively quickly. It also targets a much narrower group of people compared to 30-40 years ago. It always had the feel of a guy with a hammer incorrectly deducing that the problem looked like a nail.

I really do wonder if all this messing around with rates had any real impact at all. It's not like the old days when rates changes feed through to the money supply relatively quickly. It also targets a much narrower group of people compared to 30-40 years ago. It always had the feel of a guy with a hammer incorrectly deducing that the problem looked like a nail.
I totally agree.

There's also a decent chance they've over-corrected already, not allowing initial rises sufficient time to do anything (that's not just my uninformed tuppence worth, I know more credible people who think this).

Wait until you realize that despite inflation lowering the cost of things remains high. No idea why that would be

Because any positive value for inflation means prices going up. You would need a negative value for prices to decrease.

Look on the bright side: the fall in the price of fuel makes Sunak’s trips by helicopter less expensive.
I thought that they were covered by the taxpayer cash going to the childminding agency his wife has shares in. I really need to keep up.

Inflation falling is very good news. Crediting the government for it is a nonsense though. Mind you so is blaming them for inflation in the first place.

"Today Sunak hailed the Government's achievements in getting the mean temperature down.

Back in June, the mean temperature was 18.7°c. In a PMQs session that month, Sunak promised to halve the mean temperature by the end of the year.

As the temperature dropped to 9.2c this morning, Sunak hailed his achievement in halving the temperature, and more."

Sounds daft?

That's effectively what he is claiming, but it was always going to happen as winter approached the big energy price rises of a year ago dropped out of the reckoning. Typically disingenuous.

;