Non-Could this be the answer to stop the Corona Virus in its tracks?

So many fanciful and unstabstantiated claims going around.

Yesterday, Donald Trump pushed hydroxychloroquine (for the second time). He said, “there are some very strong, powerful signs” of its potential.

Trump has been repeatedly contradicted by public health experts. His own infectious diseases adviser, Dr Anthony Fauci, who stated there is only “anecdotal evidence” that the hydroxychloroquine might be helpful.

Confronted with this, Trump, who has repeatedly made stuff up during the coronavirus crisis, told reporters, “I’m a smart guy” and “I’ve been right a lot”.

Science and proven results, please!

Hydroxychloroquine had been championed by Mr Trump after anecdotal reports that the drug, which is also used to treat lupus and rheumatoid arthritis, could help coronavirus patients.
However the new study found it might actually be harmful to those with the disease.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavi...9-cure-has-no-benefit-research-finds-11976830

Since my original post more than 11,000 patients have died in the UK which approximates to the capacity of Dean Court. That's a frightening statistic. It's unimaginable and tragic..

Despite my spat with Erik, I'm still convinced that UVBI would work because up until 60 years ago it was the standard effective worldwide procedure for dealing with hepatitis, polio, tb, pneumonia, septicemia and a myriad of other diseases. A procedure is still effective based on its original protocols and it only fell out of use because it was a cheap unpatentable procedure so Big Pharma kicked it into touch as there was no profit in it and as it was medicine had moved on into penicilin, drugs and anti-biotics.

Ironically I've found out that UVBI is effective nowadays in treating MRSA when it's drug resistant. I came across UVBI from reading an excellent book on Alternative Cancer Therapies, by an American, Ty Bollinger, Cancer-Step Outside the Box but in addition to treating types of cancer UVBI is used to treat other things these days like sepsis, Lymes disease and blood poisoning from snake and spider bites.

I'm not a medic but I'm reading that the current idea is to use antibodies from the plasma of patients who have recovered from Covid-19 and infuse a sample of them into the blood of new patients suffering from the virus.

An irradiated UVBI blood sample from a patient with early onset of Covid-19 should have zapped DNA antibodies in the plasma and have extra ozone in it. It's actually the patients own blood being returned and it is the catalyst to kick start the patients immune system. So you don't need someone else's plasma!

It just needs someone in one of these NHS Critical Care Centres to think outside the box and say let's trial this because at the moment you've only got a 50/50 chance of surviving if they have to resort to a ventilator. Obviously the research establishments are going to focus on trying to find a vaccine and drug companies won't be looking at trialling something which you can't patent!

On a technical point for Erik when you give blood I thought they span off your plasma in your donation and only used the blood. Perhaps they put the plasma through UV light to kill off anything in it. Now that would be ironic!

Ty Bollinger is an American conspiracy theorist. You know, just like those nutters that believe that the US government put substances into aircraft fuel so that the con trails (or chem trails as they call them) rain down mind controlling drugs on us.

Amongst Bollinger's nutty ideas are:

- He does not believe in Evidence-based medicine (i.e. science)
- Bollinger is a a vaxxer, an anti-vaccination proponent. According to the vaxxers, vaccines are deadly poisons. Because of them persuading parents not to inoculate their kids, previously eradicated diseases are making a comeback in the USA.
- He is a Statin denialist. He asserts asserts that blood LDL cholesterol levels do not increase the risk of cardiovascular disease and/or that statin usage does not reduce the likelihood of cardiovascular disease.

In short Bollinger is a pseudoscientific denialist or what we would call in the UK, a nutter. Oh and he is making big bucks out of this.

If you can be bothered, here is a little exposure of one of Bollinger's scams about cancer:

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/the-truth-about-cancer-series-is-untruthful-about-cancer/

So, you are "not a medic." Not a problem, everyone is entitled to a view, expert of not. Ty Bollinger is neither medic nor expert.

If UVBI is as effective as you claim, then show us links to peer-reviewed scientific papers that show the results of research instead of referring to a nut-job.

And by writing, "It just needs someone in one of these NHS Critical Care Centres to think outside the box and say let's trial this." Are you actually suggesting running clinical trials on seriously ill and vulnerable human beings?

Now it's officially bollöcks, Donald trump suggested it:

Don't you feel sorry for Dr. Birx? Who would want to be around this ignorant twät?

Last edited:
Here is a fuller version "so beyond madness"

"...not just lying, but lying in a way that could kill Americans."

Last edited:
I presume you're just being silly.

You are right. A bit of research shows Birx to be a Trump stooge.

Birx said Trump is “attentive to the scientific literature & the details & the data. I think his ability to analyze & integrate data that comes out of his long history in business has really been a real benefit

Here it is:

Quote from a New York resident:

"That moment when Dr. Birx realized that some experts (most experts) expected her to contradict trump's suggestion to ingest disinfectant... ...and the realization that she did not have the courage to do so."

That was also on Twitter, but I lost the link, sorry.

You are right. A bit of research shows Birx to be a Trump stooge.

Birx said Trump is “attentive to the scientific literature & the details & the data. I think his ability to analyze & integrate data that comes out of his long history in business has really been a real benefit

Here it is:

Quote from a New York resident:

"That moment when Dr. Birx realized that some experts (most experts) expected her to contradict trump's suggestion to ingest disinfectant... ...and the realization that she did not have the courage to do so."

That was also on Twitter, but I lost the link, sorry.
If only everything was so simple as calling out your boss on tv. Sure, Trumps a bit of a moron, but telling the world that isn't so easy.

If only everything was so simple as calling out your boss on tv. Sure, Trumps a bit of a moron, but telling the world that isn't so easy.

Trump is difficult. He is a pathological liar and a sociopathic narcissistist.

But, surely, The Hippocratic Oath contains the principle of non-maleficence i.e. primum non nocere meaning "Above all, do no harm." [my translation]

If you know that a treatment will harm a patient and do nothing, is that not a breach of ethics?

Reactions: drd
Trump is difficult. He is a pathological liar and a sociopathic narcissistist.

But, surely, The Hippocratic Oath contains the principle of non-maleficence i.e. primum non nocere meaning "Above all, do no harm." [my translation]

If you know that a treatment will harm a patient and do nothing, is that not a breach of ethics?
If she allowed it in a hospital yes. But that doesnt mean refuting every crackpot theory. Its not as if there hasn't been plenty of derision about what Trump said, and I'm certain she wouldnt have stopped her colleagues telling the world what an idiot he is.

The really depressing thing is that there's a good chance that right now in Butt Crack Creek, Idaho a blue collar Republican mother is probably getting her kids to drink bleach.

Trump is insane.

;