Non - Derby County

Complicated. They used to be preferential creditors, then they became unsecured creditors from about 2003. And now since end of last year they have become preferential creditors again. Means the tax man will once again get their money if a company goes into admin.
Any accountants out there feel free to correct my amateur opinion.................
They are now secondary creditors after preferentials.

The administrator took out a loan to keep the club going and of course there will be their not insubstantial costs too.

Then there's the matter of whatever was owed to the owner and how.

So I'd think that there won't be an awful lot left over by the time it comes to paying back johnny taxman.

Could be wrong. Cant be arsed to search out the admin interim report, even if it has been published.

For my sins, I am an accountant but that doesn't make me an admin expert.

As you guys I know, I always come at issues from the NA sports perspective first (because that's what I know) so these types of decisions confound me. If a NA professional club breaks certain financial restrictions (basically salary cap in some sports), the sanction is typically financial. A secondary sanction is the loss of draft picks. But you don't have draft picks over there and we have nothing like the threat and consequence of relegation.

For college sports, which are huge money makers but not professional from the players standpoint, as they don't get paid (although a very recent development gives them the right to make money off Name Image and Likeness (basically a player's personal brand) - "NIL"). But if a college team is caught out on recruiting practices, for example, they can be barred from end of season tournaments or exhibition games ("bowl games") which generate millions for the university.

It just feels to me that standings should be determined on the field of play. It would seem to me that taking players away from the convicted team on some defined basis, which would likely result in the same outcome - i.e. relegation, - makes more sense to my NA brain, but I get the rationale for why FFP behaves as it does.

Having been on the receiving end of 27 points worth of deductions an AFCB fan is unlikely to support the current system.

However the previous system where a club like Leicester can throw themselves into administration, come out the other side unscathed and ironically a few years later end up winning the Premier League wasn’t a system that worked either.

Derby County and the club's connected companies owe a combined £29.3m to HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC), according to figures released on Saturday.

The Championship club have been in administration for almost two months.
Earlier this week, Derby were given an overall 21-point deductionby the English Football League that has cut them adrift at the bottom of the table.

The true scale of the club's financial problems had not been known until now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59358676

I don't normally post these twice but Jake from Not Another Derby Podcast gave loads of insight into their struggle in my video with him...

;