Non - Derby County

Seems Derby's future basically lies with 2 clubs and their threat of legal action.

Can see why Wycombe will feel cheating out of staying up but can Middlesborough really say they would have got promoted via the play-offs had Derby not pipped them to a place.

Still would have had to face 2 sides in those play-offs and beat them

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60040400
Yeah they are spurious claims tbf but the administrator can't take a chance on defending the claim in court or in front of an FA/EFL tribunal.

Seems Derby's future basically lies with 2 clubs and their threat of legal action.

Can see why Wycombe will feel cheating out of staying up but can Middlesborough really say they would have got promoted via the play-offs had Derby not pipped them to a place.

Still would have had to face 2 sides in those play-offs and beat them

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60040400

Wycombe can count themselves fortunate to have been in the division at all last season.

Lifeline?

A wealthy US family, based in New England, have made a formal offer to buy Championship club Derby County.

The Binnies, founders of investment company Carlisle Capital, have submitted a bid of about £28m.

The club's administrators had hoped to name a preferred bidder earlier this month, with three parties interested.

But they have to meet the English Football League's statutory requirement for proof of how Derby will be funded for the rest of the season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60085954

What a mess. Having received a 28 day emergency extension to prove they have funds to complete the season, the administrators are now dodging calls from the EFL and have yet to send in the proof.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/e...deeply-concerned-over-derby-county-situation/

I wonder how Bury fans feel about how lenient the EFL are being with Derby? Considering how they stuck the boot into us repeatedly even when we were doing what they asked it feels once again like Derby, as a relatively big club, are getting special treatment.

They should expel Derby now and delete their record this season. I am not saying this just because they beat us..................................................................honest !
Seriously though they have to take some action now.

I don't want to see another club liquidated but they've been taking the piss out of the whole process and getting special treatment for more than a season now.

In that scenario, which I'll reiterate I don't want to see happen, pretty much every team around us would lose points. So that would be our personal silver lining from a horrible outcome. It won't happen though as their special protected status will save them.

I'm not sure what the answer is but the EFL twiddling their thumbs, giving extensions and putting out occasional statements is doing diddly squat. Derby shouldn't even be in the Championship this season.

I would have expected there to be an EFL playbook for these scenarios. Same deadlines and requirements for all. Not like they haven't had this happen before.

I don't want them to go out of business but I do want them treated the same way as Bury, Luton, Rochdale and us.

Same as with referees, set the rules, enforce the rules and then everyone knows where they stand.

Nothing about Derby separates it from all the other cases other than their size and Rooney.

Thing is with Derby, does it really matter if they are liquidated. They will rise from the ashes with a new club albeit down the food chain, will have a big supporter base and probably rent the stadium out for a pittance. They will reform and attract a new owner/investor because of the potential and will ride a wave back up the divisions.
Dont get me wrong it will be a very traumatic period for their supporters but as someone who was closely involved in the despair of our situation a few years back I think they are in a far better situation than we were in or Bury a couple of years back.
I don't want to see it happen particularly but the EFL cannot let this continue, it is not fair on all the other clubs.

I guess Derby, their administrators and potential bidders all know that having strung the EFL along this far now, it's now only a matter of weeks to go until the end of the season.

They know EFL will be keen to avoid the hassle of a club not completing the season this close to the end, and having to recalculate the table by so many points in the final weeks of the season.

So they can probably get away with whatever shenanigans, bidders jockeying for position or taking time to send funds, and the EFL will find a way to get DCFC to the 7th of May.

Thing is with Derby, does it really matter if they are liquidated. They will rise from the ashes with a new club albeit down the food chain, will have a big supporter base and probably rent the stadium out for a pittance. They will reform and attract a new owner/investor because of the potential and will ride a wave back up the divisions.
Dont get me wrong it will be a very traumatic period for their supporters but as someone who was closely involved in the despair of our situation a few years back I think they are in a far better situation than we were in or Bury a couple of years back.
I don't want to see it happen particularly but the EFL cannot let this continue, it is not fair on all the other clubs.

I wouldn't call it traumatic for the supporters. I'd probably look forward to it as an interesting period visiting new gounds etc..

It's the club staff, as ever, that properly suffer.

I doubt the league will do anything, but I'm surprised the Inland revenue haven't started winding up proceedings, don't they have a huge PAYE bill outstanding?

Think we were that club.

Derby County’s decision not to sell captain Tom Lawrence to raise vital funds has been branded “inexcusable”.

The future of the Rams remains mired in uncertainty after the latest deadline for the club to prove it has the funds to complete the season passed.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sp...erby-county-transfer-decision-branded-6741629

Compare and contrast.

One club under EFL measures with a squad of 19 including 3 keepers is told they can sign a player if they release one. They release their third keeper and the player they want to sign is available for free and says he will play for free as a favour to the manager, his half-brother. After the 3rd keeper is released the EFL change their minds and say the new player can't be signed. And that's that.

Another club in admin openly admits they don't have funds to finish the season, turn down a multi-million pound bid for a player that can leave for free six months later that would also have saved them a fortune in wages, have a manager with a salary being paid by a third party and the EFL respond by... giving them special extensions that nobody else got and not punishing them when they don't meet that extended date or even respond to the EFLs request for an update.

Compare and contrast.

One club under EFL measures with a squad of 19 including 3 keepers is told they can sign a player if they release one. They release their third keeper and the player they want to sign is available for free and says he will play for free as a favour to the manager, his half-brother. After the 3rd keeper is released the EFL change their minds and say the new player can't be signed. And that's that.

Another club in admin openly admits they don't have funds to finish the season, turn down a multi-million pound bid for a player that can leave for free six months later that would also have saved them a fortune in wages, have a manager with a salary being paid by a third party and the EFL respond by... giving them special extensions that nobody else got and not punishing them when they don't meet that extended date or even respond to the EFLs request for an update.
And do you find anything strange or unexpected about this?

I guess Derby, their administrators and potential bidders all know that having strung the EFL along this far now, it's now only a matter of weeks to go until the end of the season.

They know EFL will be keen to avoid the hassle of a club not completing the season this close to the end, and having to recalculate the table by so many points in the final weeks of the season.

So they can probably get away with whatever shenanigans, bidders jockeying for position or taking time to send funds, and the EFL will find a way to get DCFC to the 7th of May.
That's all well and good as long as they don't send Jeff Mostyn along to present the business plan.

;