Non Emma Raducanu

And meeting another unseeded teen in the final. For someone who doesn’t follow tennis too closely I presume this draw has really opened up for her? (Not a criticism you often need some luck along the way in any tournament).
I stopped following women's tennis when the skirts started swapping for shorts

She is looking like the real deal for sure!...absolutley amazing for just eighteen years old, she has so much maturity on the court...

Canada can also claim Leylah Annie Fernandez, who has reached the semis on the other side of the draw at age 19. Definitely a changing of the guard for women's tennis. Wouldn't that be a heck of a final.
So we will have a final between two players under age 20. I would note that the sports media over here makes no mention of Raducanu being born in Toronto, the focus is 100% on Fernandez.

btw, Fernandez has beaten the #2, #3 and #5 seeds. Her win over Sabalenka last night was epic.

So we will have a final between two players under age 20. I would note that the sports media over here makes no mention of Raducanu being born in Toronto, the focus is 100% on Fernandez.

btw, Fernandez has beaten the #2, #3 and #5 seeds. Her win over Sabalenka last night was epic.

Should be a cracker. Although Emma has not met as strong players, she has dispatched those she has met with ease. It will be interesting how it plays out.

I think..only think.. but I could be totally out of my depth here ...that she will be anihilated due to the HYPE ..that the other finalist.. Who No F√cker is Hyping...is not receiving and therefore her feet are on the ground.

Sorry..but thats how my dough is being moulded...
...I'm gonna get ripped for that by the Elite..and Sheep Pen ..but I'm hoping the lassie.. Wins.

I think..only think.. but I could be totally out of my depth here ...that she will be anihilated due to the HYPE ..that the other finalist.. Who No F√cker is Hyping...is not receiving and therefore her feet are on the ground.

...I'm gonna get ripped for that by the Elite..and Sheep Pen ..but I'm hoping the lassie.. Wins.

Could do, although its 'only' tennis. Don;t think she'll have that much external pressure and tbh if she has any sense she won;t be watching/reading the news, so will mainly be pressure she puts on herself if anything.

I think..only think.. but I could be totally out of my depth here ...that she will be anihilated due to the HYPE ..that the other finalist.. Who No [obscenity deleted] is Hyping...is not receiving and therefore her feet are on the ground.

You're absolutely correct. You are out of your depth.

If you think that Fernandes isn't being hyped in the UK, then you're right. If you think that she isn't being hyped in Canada and the USA, then you're wrong.

Still, you did contribute both a gratuitous obscenity and a couple of gratuitous insults to those you disagree with.

You're absolutely correct. You are out of your depth.

If you think that Fernandes isn't being hyped in the UK, then you're right. If you think that she isn't being hyped in Canada and the USA, then you're wrong.

Still, you did contribute both a gratuitous obscenity and a couple of gratuitous insults to those you disagree with.

Oh Hi Burnley man..why not pontificate on Burnley Forum...which is coincidently my 2nd fav club... And...and Dyche absolutely my fav manager !
Have a nice day Burnley babes !

Should be a good Final over there...hopefully more about 5 sets thriller.. than about 'mental health issue ' ...with tissue !

Double :throw: I is ready ..

Who says she isnt? I bet its exactly the same in Canada right now.

You don't get it, she is already a winner, regardless of the result in the final.

Its also highly likely, both these young ladies are going to win many tournaments over the coming decade or so. Whoever loses tomorrow is not a loser.

You don't get it, she is already a winner, regardless of the result in the final.

Its also highly likely, both these young ladies are going to win many tournaments over the coming decade or so. Whoever loses tomorrow is not a loser.

Yeah I get that too... no such thing as losers in sport...always another day..another way..!

Yeah I get that too... no such thing as losers in sport...always another day..another way..!
I'm just reminded of a story the GB athletics coach Frank Dick told about a Greek high jumper.

In short she beat her personal best, and claimed an unlikely silver, and the press led with how she failed to get the gold. Its all about perspective. Climb your own mountains, not others.

She has become extremely popular extremely quickly. However, we also have a cautionary tale with Bianca Andreescu. She won the 2019 US Open at 19 years old and became the darling of Canadian media. Breakfast television, advertising spots, etc. She was heralded as the next great one. However, she plays an extremely physical style, and has been oft-injured since.

It is always tempting to anoint the next great thing on the horizon, but they can also be flashes in the pan. Fernandez, and what I have seen of Raducanu, do seem to play a style that is more physically sustainable.

Either way, I hope it's a great final as either would be a worthy winner.

;