Non- England vs Italy

Indeed, it’s all a knock on from covid. But if it wasn’t the nations league it would have been the World Cup…it’s not like that would have been rescheduled.

But it's hardly surprising that players are levels off it for a second rate tournament is it? Is anyone bothered about these games? The only people who appear motivated by them are Hungary players who see the chance to get one over on the bigger sides and the people who's hobby it is to declare how sh*t England are.

I was 16 and look at it exactly as you describe, the time of my life and a seminal summer of football ... but they replayed the games during lockdown 2020 and England were second best against Scotland until they brought Redknapp on. Gazza was atrocious other than his wondergoal.

The point is, that tournament was brilliant yet the football was just ok. We rode our luck and got through to the semis, didn't win but it was brilliant. Last tournament was exactly the same for some of us (albeit I wasn't 16 again) the football wasn't perfect but the tournament was great for England. Not you obviously you thought it was a disgrace, lol.

The best part of Euro 96 for me was the day after England played Spain

The Sex Pistols in Finsbury Park.

Although they were better a few weeks later at the Zenith in Paris on 4 July

I don't really get off on England being rubbish - I suppose it's looking back at everyone getting excited by International football and trying to get my head round the fact that I was the same as them 20 years ago.

Actually surprise myself on how I little I care about England now as compared to AFCB.

I don't really get off on England being rubbish - I suppose it's looking back at everyone getting excited by International football and trying to get my head round the fact that I was the same as them 20 years ago.

Actually surprise myself on how I little I care about England now as compared to AFCB.

Yet they were no better 20 years ago. In fact there's a strong argument that they were worse.

The best part of Euro 96 for me was the day after England played Spain

The Sex Pistols in Finsbury Park.

Although they were better a few weeks later at the Zenith in Paris on 4 July

England v Scotland in the Glen Fern bowling alley bar with about 20 other folk. Bar right next to us, comfy seats and massive TV.

Obviously by the Spain game word of mouth had ruined our little secret...packed!

I think a lot of the issues that many of us have on all sorts of topics on this site can be summed up more succinctly with "I don't like getting old". Certainly would save Brian some typing.

Dodgy subject - 50 at the end of the month!!

Actually happy with my laid back attitude to England nowadays - although would be happy for my kid if they won something. But I fear the two big chances have gone.

Dodgy subject - 50 at the end of the month!!

Actually happy with my laid back attitude to England nowadays - although would be happy for my kid if they won something. But I fear the two big chances have gone.

I try to be more glass-half-full with England. We've been through some awful tournament performances and the last two have been good. Bournemouth aren't going to win the PL next season but I'll be happier if they finish 8th as opposed to 17th.

Well least we won’t have to worry about the players being too tired for the finals of this !

They’ll get a break next June unless there are qualifying games ?

But it's hardly surprising that players are levels off it for a second rate tournament is it? Is anyone bothered about these games? The only people who appear motivated by them are Hungary players who see the chance to get one over on the bigger sides and the people who's hobby it is to declare how sh*t England are.
I think the anti-Southgate fans seem pretty motivated.

;