Non Hampshire cricket

Just spent 4 beautiful days at Cheltenham. A cricket ground like they used to be (with added posh school buildings). Facilities were restricted by Covid, but Gloucestershire made something great out of it.

And a perfect match (in hindsight). Crane bowled absolutely beautifully. Our Scandinavian match reporter, had he been there, would have described his bowling in terms of Euclid - his flight was a beauty to behold.

And whereas I thought the captaincy was unimaginative on the last day against Surrey last week, this time the bowling changes were excellent. Weatherley got the key wicket of Lace, the ball after a head-high full toss.

Just spent 4 beautiful days at Cheltenham. A cricket ground like they used to be (with added posh school buildings). Facilities were restricted by Covid, but Gloucestershire made something great out of it.

And a perfect match (in hindsight). Crane bowled absolutely beautifully. Our Scandinavian match reporter, had he been there, would have described his bowling in terms of Euclid - his flight was a beauty to behold.

And whereas I thought the captaincy was unimaginative on the last day against Surrey last week, this time the bowling changes were excellent. Weatherley got the key wicket of Lace, the ball after a head-high full toss.
...you lucky fella to have been there, it was a tight match up to the last three Gloucs wickets falling...touch and go before that !

I tried to encourage the players but vocal support seemed to be frowned upon.

We are also in the same Indian restaurant Tues night as some of the Glos players. I did consider claiming to have Covid to get them pinged, but I don't think that would have helped Hants.

..some great cricket from Hampshire to sneak into the T20 play offs...at the expense of Surrey and Gloucestershire (who have been unlucky IMO)

Lots to look forward to as the Cricket season ends...

Making hard work again. Where are Vince and Dawson now ? Surely England’s bench doesn’t need any warming this weather.

;