Non Hampshire cricket

The Alchemist

UTC Legend
Love this from James Tomlinson, the Hampshire bowler who has just announced his retirement.

http://www.ageasbowl.com/cricket/news/james-tomlinson/

:hihi:

AlGard - 22/9/2016 16:57

On another note. The final death throws for Hampshire bar a miracle

Cracking finish set for tomorrow. Chasing over 200 won't be easy on that pitch. 250 lead is really game on.

kirsikka - 22/9/2016 18:00

I make it if they draw and Lancs lose, which looks likely, they go above them.

Don't think so. If Warwickshire lose then Hampshire can draw and stay up as Warwickshire have lost more matches.

Looks exceedingly unlikely that there will be any other result but a Warwickshire victory which will just mean Hampshire have to win to send Lancashire down.

A quick 40-50 or so then hope Hampshire can somehow take 10 wickets tomorrow. However, I have a sneaking feeling they will fail as their bowling is not up to it this season.

...depends how the wicket at The Rose Bowl reacts to spin tomorrow...otherwise Hants look like going down...another quick thirty runs in the morning and try and remove Durham below 250 tomorrow...bet Stokes will be getting a call from his Lancs England team mates tonight!

...tbh they need to go down and re-group...they have some good young players, but need to strengthen their attack and hopefully get Topley back fit.

It will be a tough few years in the 4 day cricket wilderness for Hampshire methinks...

Garbo - 23/9/2016 15:47

...tbh they need to go down and re-group...they have some good young players, but need to strengthen their attack and hopefully get Topley back fit.

It will be a tough few years in the 4 day cricket wilderness for Hampshire methinks...

Agree they need to go down and regroup. Topley definitely staying and Edwards seemingly looking likely to return will more than likely see them promoted next year with 2 teams promoted.

Question is will Dawson and Vince give them one year to get that promotion ?

Sadly the lack of a bowling attack , not just today but all season partly through injuries, has resulted in Hampshire being relegated.

...Hampshire only won two matches all season,,,so on balance deserved to go down.

Hopefully Dawson and Vince will give it a shot next year, but there are rumours of Vince moving on already.

It will need a bit of an overhaul, with probably Carberry, Adams and Vince not in the batting line up...Alsop looks a decent prospect though and Div 2 may give him a springboard?

They really do need to be amongst the cricket elite IMO..so I will watch with hope next season!

...great end to the season at Lords though...although I have many upset Somerset fans around me!

;