Non Hampshire cricket

Since seen a bit of moaning about field placing for the no ball and then the technicality of McDermott pulling the stumps out… Hitting

I saw that as well, their Captain seemed to march onto the pitch in real time, complaining about something plus their batsman kept running, I assume that they were moaning about the incorrect removal of the stumps by our over-excited kids?

Was a weird ending - lancs nearly ran the second as Hampshire seemed to be celebrating

Imho given the bail had come off at one end surely right to pick up stump - so I think one of the batsmen was run out rather two not out batsmen at the end ?

Was a weird ending - lancs nearly ran the second as Hampshire seemed to be celebrating

Imho given the bail had come off at one end surely right to pick up stump - so I think one of the batsmen was run out rather two not out batsmen at the end ?
It was all a bit of a mess. Very difficult to actually see what was occurring. Technically if the bail is dislodged while the batsmen are running the stump has to come out of the ground and the ball placed against it to entail a run out. All the stumps seemed to be out of the ground but I have no idea who had the ball. I’m guessing McDermott but did he have a stump ? They could easily have got the 2 in that confusion or at least levelled the score. Would that have meant a super over ? Nobody seemed to know. That coupled with the dreadful decisions not to give Vilas out when snicko clearly showed a spike and Mason’s lb shout, very dodgy, could easily have meant it going the other way. Never dull with ‘Ampshire is it ?

It was all a bit of a mess. Very difficult to actually see what was occurring. Technically if the bail is dislodged while the batsmen are running the stump has to come out of the ground and the ball placed against it to entail a run out. All the stumps seemed to be out of the ground but I have no idea who had the ball. I’m guessing McDermott but did he have a stump ? They could easily have got the 2 in that confusion or at least levelled the score. Would that have meant a super over ? Nobody seemed to know. That coupled with the dreadful decisions not to give Vilas out when snicko clearly showed a spike and Mason’s lb shout, very dodgy, could easily have meant it going the other way. Never dull with ‘Ampshire is it ?

chaotic - think wicketkeeper had ball and took stump out of ground but don’t know if he put ball on stump.if he didn’t then lancs ran the second and drew - scorecard suggests both batsmen were not out though?!

Technically if the umpire calls it as a dead ball after the single, all is ok.

By the way Lancs would have won as they had the better power play score.

Technically if the umpire calls it as a dead ball after the single, all is ok.

By the way Lancs would have won as they had the better power play score.

if it’s a dead ball then sure but batsmen were still running so not sure why you would call it so soon?

Vince has been sensational through both the Hundred and the blast, I have no idea how he’s not in the England side.

Ironically I thought during the blast that McDermott hadn’t lived up to the hype but he won the final so was worth his billing in the end. :)

in to the 50 over semi final scheduled for next tuesday at the ageas
I appreciate 50 over cricket is now a worthless format but decent effort from a young team
Shame in my opinion. I much prefer the One Day Cup to the Hundred. Most counties seem to be treating it as a second XI competition in the main but a good opportunity for some of the youngsters to get a go.

Shame in my opinion. I much prefer the One Day Cup to the Hundred. Most counties seem to be treating it as a second XI competition in the main but a good opportunity for some of the youngsters to get a go.
Totally agree. there have been some fantastic close matches this season. At least 3 of Hants have gone to the last few balls. Last week Kent needed 6 off the final ball to beat Yorks and got it. To me the 100 is just a manufactured game with manufactured "teams". I suppose if it gets kids involved then fine but will the novelty wear off ?

;