Non: Historical Statues

I'm only a Boomer.... the absolute dreg end/fag end of society...so my views are on a hiding to nothing... and we All have nothing to lose by dropping one shoulder to offload what anxiety you think its bearing and the other to jink past the political defensive walls.

I could def see stanthevan and mr Viking sitting alone at home performing self flagellation for all the wrongs whites of European descent have committed.

One thing that an observant person might note from this thread is that there is a very, very small group on this site who all seem to like each others' posts.

We've had some cruel Nuns on this isle and the neighbouring isle..in not too distant history.. in the running of certain institutes and orphanages....places where young women were sent with their babies etc.
That's just the Church end of the Constitution....and with its dodgy Bishops condoning all sorts of sordid clandestine indulgence by their filthy underlings!

Naive to think other such stuff goes doesnt go on in many other countries...the animal elements of some humans being what they can be!
China...Romania not so long back( I saw the remnants of that for myself)....Bulgaria...and parts of Russia.. South Africa/Apartheid...Ku Klux Klan/USA.. .South America and so on..you can't pin it ALL on the British!

Last edited:
It seems that every time there is a discussion over the rights and wrongs of statues remaining in place that there are some who struggle to understand the difference between structures, buildings and statues. It's not that difficult is it?

It seems that every time there is a discussion over the rights and wrongs of statues remaining in place that there are some who struggle to understand the difference between structures, buildings and statues. It's not that difficult is it?

ok, so specifically statues
what about Augustus (Vatican museum), responsible for first century empire expansion into spain and north africa, imagine the suffering
is that on your list for the chop?

ok, so specifically statues
what about Augustus (Vatican museum), responsible for first century empire expansion into spain and north africa, imagine the suffering
is that on your list for the chop?

I think my views on religion in general are well known on here. That doesnt mean I want the Vatican pulled down. I've visited it, I've appreciated the art while also understanding the juxtaposition of gold leaf everywhere while people sleep against the walls outside.

Statues are a celebration, an exultation of the the person they depict. I dont understand how people find the difference so difficult.

A couple of examples....when the Iraq war was over, they toppled the Saddam Hussain statues as they no longer held him in reverence or were told to admire him. They didnt bulldoze the airport named Saddam Hussain with code SDA. They simply renamed it and changed its code.

To this day, you can visit Hitlers Eagles nest. Its well worth it if you get the chance. What you wont find is a statue to him outside as the building, no matter who or how it was built, does not celebrate the man.

I hope that has helped a bit?

;