Non-holibobs

Redpost

First Team
Me and my better half are off to sunny(?) Scotland near Ullapool for a week’s holiday. Having taken out a second mortgage for the fuel, just wondering where to stay overnight roughly half way up, thinking Penrith or Carlisle, or even Glasgow. Thanks

Me and my better half are off to sunny(?) Scotland near Ullapool for a week’s holiday. Having taken out a second mortgage for the fuel, just wondering where to stay overnight roughly half way up, thinking Penrith or Carlisle, or even Glasgow. Thanks
Bizarrely my wife and I made that journey a couple of years back and we stopped at the Haweswater Hotel. Lovely, waking up to red squirrels on the patio.

Enjoy. Have heard Carlisle is nice. Glasgow is buzzing. Don't know much about Penrith. Went to Inverness 2 years ago and loved it. Hope to see more of sunny Scotland some time in the next few years.

The hotel at Tebay services is pretty good. Have also stayed in Moffat, that’s a nice town

It's great to be talking about holidays again after the last couple of years of turmoil so whereever anyone ends up going have a great time and enjoy. Flying around Europe could be painful, long queues, flight cancellations etc but go with the flow , you'll get there. Alternatively there are some fantastic places in the UK to stay at from the Scilly Isles to John O'Groats. Just remember the midge spray for Scotland.
Having not holidayed for a couple of years I've tried to make this year's holiday a good one for the family and have booked to go to the Pacific coast of Costa Rica for a couple of weeks at the end of July. Beach, jungle and sun( and most probably rain) Never been but looks pretty amazing.

Holibobs ? I think the word is totes Fabilibob : )

Ps anyone going on holidays, have a great time and make the most of it.
Enjoy yourselves ( or in Dibby's case, nubile young Russians as well )
: )

It's great to be talking about holidays again after the last couple of years of turmoil so whereever anyone ends up going have a great time and enjoy. Flying around Europe could be painful, long queues, flight cancellations etc but go with the flow , you'll get there. Alternatively there are some fantastic places in the UK to stay at from the Scilly Isles to John O'Groats. Just remember the midge spray for Scotland.
Having not holidayed for a couple of years I've tried to make this year's holiday a good one for the family and have booked to go to the Pacific coast of Costa Rica for a couple of weeks at the end of July. Beach, jungle and sun( and most probably rain) Never been but looks pretty amazing.

I'm jealous!!!

;