Non(ish) - Tuchel

Brighton fans on their forum seem to think it's a done deal that Potter is on his way. Interesting timing as could mean two manager less clubs meeting on Saturday.

Potter been doing a good job at Brighton and has a good chairman behind him.

Moving to Chelsea and things don’t go right, he could easily be out of work sooner rather than later.

Think he should think carefully before making that step up.

I'm sure he'll be extremely well compensated though and will have very high stock to get another PL job, as long as he does nothing totally ridiculous, and even then...

Just listened to Tuchel's post match presser. He doesn't seem to be saying that the players aren't good enough (ie as Parker did), he's saying that the players lack determination, hunger and intensity. Not a good look if you're the person responsible for instilling those qualities in to the team. Another own goal from a manager, seems to be catching..

Could we possibly send Parker to take over from Potter?

Agent Parker, please step forwards. (it's a great foil as not even Parker knows he'd be acting in our interests...).

And judging by a large number of reactions in the media, perhaps Brighton fans will feel they;re getting a very good manager in exchange.

This could work out very nicely indeed...

Like I said on previous thread all BHA fans knew he would go, but it was just when. Was hoping he was going to be our manager for a bit longer. But as many have said, Chelsea do have a habit of changing their managers at a drop of a hat. So GP does have to be careful and not end up on the Mangers scrap heap.

Like I said on previous thread all BHA fans knew he would go, but it was just when. Was hoping he was going to be our manager for a bit longer. But as many have said, Chelsea do have a habit of changing their managers at a drop of a hat. So GP does have to be careful and not end up on the Mangers scrap heap.

As I mentioned above, he has very little to lose imo. He'll almost certainly earn a lot of money, whether he sees the contract through or not. And unless he really shows himself up, then he'll be in demand from mid table type PL clubs afterwards. No offense, but if he didn;t take this job, there's every chance Brighton could be bottom half/near relegation again next season, and then he's unlikely to get an offer from the 'big 6' again. Basically opportunity cost/loss is probably a bigger concern for him here...

Next to zero chance he'll end up on the 'managerial scrap heap'.

As I mentioned above, he has very little to lose imo. He'll almost certainly earn a lot of money, whether he sees the contract through or not. And unless he really shows himself up, then he'll be in demand from mid table type PL clubs afterwards.

Next to zero chance he'll end up on the 'managerial scrap heap'.

Tuchel won't struggle for a job and neither will Potter after they inevitably sack him.

No point us being smug if he does go. I'm sure, like lots on NSC have said that a replacement has already been lined up. That guy from Bodo/Glimt? seems popular again.

Maybe he wasn't happy about the level of investment, only £300m

I would not be surprised if Pottichino or Zidane Zidane...don't know these spellings were to be installed as manager . I would guess a replacement is already to step in. TT has not impressed his fans lately and his £35,000 fine recently will not have impressed them.
UTC

Potter has improved each season with your club, first two seasons basically equal and last season even better.

Chelsea’s manager list over a number of seasons have all turned out short term appointments of one or two seasons.

He seems to be building something at your club like Eddie Howe did with us, if he goes think he will be a big loss for Brighton.

Would be interesting if Brighton in turn went for someone like Cooper from Forest or Rodgers who might be out the door from Leicester.

They'll probably go abroad though.

Today's worthless quiz question is ... Which two teams played each other in the Premier League with neither of them having a permanent manager?

;