Non - Labour Party

More investment in the Northern powerhouse needed...

The fleet of Hitachi 800 trains entered service in 2017 and was designed to be electric, but engines were also fitted with diesel power because of delays with railway electrification.
Last month, six of the trains were taken out of service by GWR after hairline cracks were found in the suspension system during routine maintenance.
The trains were made at the Hitachi factory in Newton Aycliffe, County Durham.

High-speed rail services cancelled after cracks found in trains - BBC News
It's totally off topic, but those Hitachi 800s are brand spanking new in train terms, and are the flagships for their operators. For them to be showing wear and tear already is pretty appalling. The cracks are on welding apparently. Must do better.

The non voters vote goes to the winner? I didn't know that. How does it work?

It’s pretty simple their non vote had no effect on the outcome so it was basically a vote for whoever won by way of their non participation .

Good thread this. But at end of day the dreadful Tories will be in power for years and years unless the other parties can form some form of pact for the next election and then form a coalition and have electoral reform top of the agenda. The right is United the left is divided. And i live in mid dorset/north poole whuch has had a lib dem mp in the past so thats what i vote as labour stand no chance here. The left need to be much more tactically savvy.

Good thread this. But at end of day the dreadful Tories will be in power for years and years unless the other parties can form some form of pact for the next election and then form a coalition and have electoral reform top of the agenda. The right is United the left is divided. And i live in mid dorset/north poole whuch has had a lib dem mp in the past so thats what i vote as labour stand no chance here. The left need to be much more tactically savvy.

So the answer is to tack further to the left . Ok good luck with that .

So the answer is to tack further to the left . Ok good luck with that .
What? Tack what further to the left? We have the most right wing, nationalistic government in this nations history. A laughing stock around the world. And yet it has an 80 seat majority with 40% of the people voting for them. Is that democracy? The other 60%,the majority, need to put aside idealogy for one election, work together and rid this evil mob, then have electoral reform so we can get much more consensus led government how most countries operate.

What? Tack what further to the left? We have the most right wing, nationalistic government in this nations history. A laughing stock around the world. And yet it has an 80 seat majority with 40% of the people voting for them. Is that democracy? The other 60%,the majority, need to put aside idealogy for one election, work together and rid this evil mob, then have electoral reform so we can get much more consensus led government how most countries operate.

Ok it’s not the most right wing government in this country’s history and it’s not a laughing stock around the world . That’s all in your fevered leftie imagination but please carry on . Thread is about Labour and why it’s not winning even in Hartlepool .. but deflect to the evil Tories if you must .

Maybe read some of the press in other countries. Johnson is a laughing stock, almost as embarrassing as Trump. Hard to imagine a more right wing government, I can’t recall one. Certainly the most right wing Home Secretary.

Maybe read some of the press in other countries. Johnson is a laughing stock, almost as embarrassing as Trump. Hard to imagine a more right wing government, I can’t recall one. Certainly the most right wing Home Secretary.

and yet here we are another lost election in a formally safe Labour seat and all you and your fellow travellers want to talk about are how “evil” the Conservatives are ...Carry on reading the press in other countries though they probably have their finger on the pulse of this country about as accurately as the average Guardian opinion piece .

At the moment it feels like Corbyn was Foot and Starmer is Kinnock. Like Moses he will never enter the promised land. Maybe the next leader will but I'm not sure Labour can ever win enough seats again without Scotland?

and yet here we are another lost election in a formally safe Labour seat and all you and your fellow travellers want to talk about are how “evil” the Conservatives are ...Carry on reading the press in other countries though they probably have their finger on the pulse of this country about as accurately as the average Guardian opinion piece .
I think its possible to have progressive policies, but they need backing up with a coherent strategy.

I didn’t equate right wing with evil, but I’ll go with it. The seat wasn’t safe, previous election the right vote was split between tories and Brexit party.

I don’t really read the guardian. Byeline Times, New Statesman and Private Eye. The guardian has some good journalists but I prefer the Byeline times.

I didn’t equate right wing with evil, but I’ll go with it. The seat wasn’t safe, previous election the right vote was split between tories and Brexit party.

I don’t really read the guardian. Byeline Times, New Statesman and Private Eye. The guardian has some good journalists but I prefer the Byeline times.

Fair enough , the evil thing was siggyboy with the hyperbole and your right Labour would have lost the seat at the general election if not for Brexit party , there is no doubt that it was another brick in the red wall though and that is the issue . How are you going to win back these constituencies ?

;