Non - Labour Party

Working on the election yesterday I was devastated to have to turn away an NHS nurse, who had just come off duty, because she only had her NHS photographic ID with her.

The arbitrary nature of the IDs allowed to enable people to vote is an utter disgrace and a disincentive for people to vote at all. (Which is, perhaps, the reason the government have done it?)
Is it cash in hand?

Working on the election yesterday I was devastated to have to turn away an NHS nurse, who had just come off duty, because she only had her NHS photographic ID with her.

The arbitrary nature of the IDs allowed to enable people to vote is an utter disgrace and a disincentive for people to vote at all. (Which is, perhaps, the reason the government have done it?)
With all respect AC, did that really happen to you, or are you just repeating a viral post doing the rounds from a Labour candidate? It seems incredibly similar!

I'm not sure it's the most essential measure required to protect against voter fraud, the postal voting systems seems far more open to abuse. However voter ID is required throughout most of Europe and even in Northern Ireland for many years, so clearly it can work without being a Tory plot.

In the NHS nurse example - I would like to think a reputable workplace issued photographic ID could be acceptable. Maybe it could be added to the list in future, if this is retained. When I voted, after checking my photo they still asked my address etc, so it's not as if I could just pick up a random person's door pass from work.

1. With all due respect NSM, YES IT DID! I wouldn’t have bothered writing about it otherwise. It happened at about 9.45 pm and she had no chance to go home and bring other ID - she doesn’t have a driving licence and you really don’t take your passport to work, do you? Incidentally, I had not seen the Tweet before you posted it.

2. Your second point is absolutely spot on! I am sure that is just as hard to get an NHS ID as it is an Older person bus pass. As I said before the arbitrary nature of which ID is acceptable and which is not, is ridiculous.

1. With all due respect NSM, YES IT DID! I wouldn’t have bothered writing about it otherwise. It happened at about 9.45 pm and she had no chance to go home and bring other ID - she doesn’t have a driving licence and you really don’t take your passport to work, do you? Incidentally, I had not seen the Tweet before you posted it.

2. Your second point is absolutely spot on! I am sure that is just as hard to get an NHS ID as it is an Older person bus pass. As I said before the arbitrary nature of which ID is acceptable and which is not, is ridiculous.
In which case, my sincere apologies for being skeptical AC.

With all respect AC, did that really happen to you, or are you just repeating a viral post doing the rounds from a Labour candidate? It seems incredibly similar!

I'm not sure it's the most essential measure required to protect against voter fraud, the postal voting systems seems far more open to abuse. However voter ID is required throughout most of Europe and even in Northern Ireland for many years, so clearly it can work without being a Tory plot.

In the NHS nurse example - I would like to think a reputable workplace issued photographic ID could be acceptable. Maybe it could be added to the list in future, if this is retained. When I voted, after checking my photo they still asked my address etc, so it's not as if I could just pick up a random person's door pass from work.

Most of Europe have a universal ID card and so requiring ID to vote doesn't carry the same gerrymandering risk.

I’ve worked for DHL,Yodel,City Link, UK mail and Parcelforce and I never received that ‘instruction’ in 15 years.
We’re in fact instructed not to push our fingers through a letterbox to prevent getting bitten by dogs.

So the copy that I have written for just some of those companies either didn’t reach you or you did not read.

Now the results are in, I never thought I would see the day when Labour and the Conservatives had the same number of seats down here. How many did they lose? 20 odd?

Just for once, the poster is right. Professional delivery companies instruct their workers not to leave leaflets visible in the letterbox for just such reasons. Political parties should do the same.
Which posters were fooled by Boris some of the time?
Which posters were fooled by Boris all of the time?

;