Non Laser Eye Surgery

Garbo

UTC Legend
Considering this and having a few consultations before I make the move anyone on here had any experience of this ? Good or bad?

Worked for me and has been a joy. Two people I worked with described it as life changing as they had particularly poor eyesight.

That said, some people do suffer complications so there is an element of dice rolling, as with any type of elective surgery.

All I can say is really think carefully about the difference it could make to your life and weigh that against the risks.

Depends on how old you are, your eyes will still change with ageing.
I am suffering with AMD (Age-related macular degenerationat) at the moment.
Playing havoc with my golf, just lucky I hit the ball straight.

Considering this and having a few consultations before I make the move anyone on here had any experience of this ? Good or bad?
Have heard good things about it. If glasses aren't working for you for whatever reason, it sounds like good thing to get done. Think recovery time is about a week from what I've heard. I would ask around rather than look at reviews online.

I had a cataract and when I went to see the surgeon at Bournemouth hospital he said one eye can be done on national health but the other eye had the start of one but not bad enough.He gave me the option could go private for the lesser one and that way they fitted prescription lenses so went for it,best thing I ever did not cheap but no glasses now and should never have to again as now plastic lenses.No pain and the next day did not need my glasses and now have near perfect site i had 30 years ago.

I had a cataract and when I went to see the surgeon at Bournemouth hospital he said one eye can be done on national health but the other eye had the start of one but not bad enough.He gave me the option could go private for the lesser one and that way they fitted prescription lenses so went for it,best thing I ever did not cheap but no glasses now and should never have to again as now plastic lenses.No pain and the next day did not need my glasses and now have near perfect site i had 30 years ago.
how much did it cost to go private?

My left eye had a significant cataract, but nowhere near bad enough for NHS treatment yet. I assume I'll still need readers after having the lenses done but at least I'd be able to see the Ted Mac end goal more clearly....

My wife had it done on both eyes to cure her shortsightedness.
It worked 100% and she is so glad she got it done .
Not cheap mind .

I had heard that it doesn't last as long as you think and that you have to have it done again?
just like a car or house, as you get older many of your organs will start to malfunction.
One of the reasons the NHS can't cope anymore. when I visit the GP or hospital the waiting rooms are full of old people.

Sister in law had it done, first time mostly for vanity as her eyes were healthy. Think she was around 50. She is due to go back again as her vision has changed over the past 20 years.
Cataract surgery is a different thing, as the vision just gets cloudier with time.

Good luck with the AMD, @Kenya Cherrie. My dad had it, I seem to recall there are two kinds ("wet" and "dry"), with one more treatable than the other.

I had it done 11 years ago, probably the best thing I spent money on - to be able to get up and see first thing in the morning without the need for glasses / contacts was incredible. One thing I would say is I have found it has made my eyes more sensitive to bright lights.

how much did it cost to go private?

My left eye had a significant cataract, but nowhere near bad enough for NHS treatment yet. I assume I'll still need readers after having the lenses done but at least I'd be able to see the Ted Mac end goal more clearly....
Hi Jim,If you can get one on the national health then the surgeon (Mr Rashid) can fit a prescription lense to match in the other eye it cost £3200 for one eye.I know don't really need glasses at all but I got a cheap pair for tv,but everyday out and about no glasses.

I had heard that it doesn't last as long as you think and that you have to have it done again?
As we understand it , it won’t stop natural degeneration of the eyes or if you have potentially inherited conditions…so there is that possibility…
As my wife said though “ never underestimate how great it feels to be able to wake up and see everything properly straight away - especially the kids “

She didn’t mention me though …..:confused:

Sister in law had it done, first time mostly for vanity as her eyes were healthy. Think she was around 50. She is due to go back again as her vision has changed over the past 20 years.
Cataract surgery is a different thing, as the vision just gets cloudier with time.

Good luck with the AMD, @Kenya Cherrie. My dad had it, I seem to recall there are two kinds ("wet" and "dry"), with one more treatable than the other.
The worst is hitting a lovely shot and not able to see if it landed on the green.
The days of seeing it land and knowing exactly where it is are gone, speeded up the game too, as walking up to the ball you knew what club you would need next.

The worst is hitting a lovely shot and not able to see if it landed on the green.
The days of seeing it land and knowing exactly where it is are gone, speeded up the game too, as walking up to the ball you knew what club you would need next.
Yeah, it comes and goes for me, depending on the light conditions and where I am with the diabetes and accompanying vision. Good news is I now have to be closer than ever to the green to actually hit it, so I do still see most of the really good ones!

;