Non Leeds United

I have definitely lost a lot of love for footy over the past few years. Not sure if its covid related - or just var, the changes in the game (non contact, cheaty whinging players, stop-start action) or the fact that its just soooo profesional now the unpleasant aspects almost certainly outweigh the good things about the game. Or maybe its just me being old & grumpy.

maybe just watching Burnley ?

I have definitely lost a lot of love for footy over the past few years. Not sure if its covid related - or just var, the changes in the game (non contact, cheaty whinging players, stop-start action) or the fact that its just soooo profesional now the unpleasant aspects almost certainly outweigh the good things about the game. Or maybe its just me being old & grumpy.[/QUOTE)

Nah , the game has got more unpleasant mate.

Burnley were robbed there, Pope gets the ball, no penalty, and Barnes goal perfectly good, terrible refereeing
.... Personally I hope Sean will keeps them up

It doesn't matter what football they play they are a rotten club and always have been. They can't win gracefully without the official twitter account deliberately starting abusive pile-ons for likes.

What's that all about?

They had a little joke at a pundit who said they got promoted because of Covid. Problem is it was a female and its been turned into one of those modern day dramas where everyone gets offended. If Roy Keane had said it people wouldn't be so sensitive.

Expect the FA to dock them 12 points .

They had a dig at a pundit who said they got promoted because of Covid. Problem is it was a female and its been turned into one of those modern day dramas where everyone gets offended. If Roy Keane had said it people wouldn't be so sensitive.

Expect the FA to dock them 12 points .

Do official club twitter accounts pay attention to what Roy Keane says? Maybe they should get involved in the Messi vs Ronaldo twitter rows too.

Do official club twitter accounts pay attention to what Roy Keane says? Maybe they should get involved in the Messi vs Ronaldo twitter rows too.

If Keane had said it then without doubt they wouldn't have let it go - but he knows better than to come out with complete nonsense like that. Pundit bashing is a national past time, why should she get dispensation, it comes with the territory.

If Keane had said it then without doubt they wouldn't have let it go - but he knows better than to come out with complete nonsense like that. Pundit bashing is a national past time, why should she get dispensation, it comes with the territory.

The point is she'd get it anyway for expressing an opinion but club's official accounts should act at least a bit professionally and not get involved.

As for it being complete nonsense, well its not like Leeds haven't consistently shat the bed on the run in once the going gets tough and their toxic fans start whinging in the stands is it? The woman was bang on if you ask me.

Storm in a D cup if you ask me (shoot me down)

Toxic fans whinging in the stands? They'll whinge at Sky TV / FA (hence my points deduction quip ) have a go at the oppo but rarely anyone wearing the shirt and nothing like the level of Stoke et al. You'll actually find there's a humerous undercurrent of self deprecation in the stands, especially at away games and has been for donkeys years.

I can understand its payback time, what I don't really understand is the concept of official twitter accounts and how they're now seen as the basis of an organisations core values. If its on the official club site , that's official in my eyes not someone from the press team doing 'so called' funnies on twitter. Haven't we seen similar from AFCB ? Regarding Leeds there has been some hilarious tweets from Lancashire Police for LUFC away games, regarding coping with the 'millions of fans' at PNE and Blackburn and basically taking the piss, its far from official but has really broken down the barriers between supporters groups and the Police.

Your views about the club being rotten will never change , however plenty has gone on over the decades to discredit your polarised view. One example was the large flag in the Revie stand last saturday https://www.skysports.com/football/...s-newest-lgbt-supporters-club-at-leeds-united notwithstanding Leeds United Women FC are held in extremely high regard throughout the echelons of the club and its support. Anyway, as usual I'm banging my head against a brick wall on here so really should walk the dog or do something useful.

Storm in a D cup if you ask me (shoot me down)

Toxic fans whinging in the stands? They'll whinge at Sky TV / FA (hence my points deduction quip ) have a go at the oppo but rarely anyone wearing the shirt and nothing like the level of Stoke et al. You'll actually find there's a humerous undercurrent of self deprecation in the stands, especially at away games and has been for donkeys years.

I can understand its payback time, what I don't really understand is the concept of official twitter accounts and how they're now seen as the basis of an organisations core values. If its on the official club site , that's official in my eyes not someone from the press team doing 'so called' funnies on twitter. Haven't we seen similar from AFCB ? Regarding Leeds there has been some hilarious tweets from Lancashire Police for LUFC away games, regarding coping with the 'millions of fans' at PNE and Blackburn and basically taking the piss, its far from official but has really broken down the barriers between supporters groups and the Police.

Your views about the club being rotten will never change , however plenty has gone on over the decades to discredit your polarised view. One example was the large flag in the Revie stand last saturday https://www.skysports.com/football/...s-newest-lgbt-supporters-club-at-leeds-united notwithstanding Leeds United Women FC are held in extremely high regard throughout the echelons of the club and its support. Anyway, as usual I'm banging my head against a brick wall on here so really should walk the dog or do something useful.

This response is too reasonable for a Leeds thread.

Standing back I think it's a strange line on what is and isn't appropriate for a club account but they do have to consider whether what they post incites abuse. Of course abuse is endemic in football but when you officially criticise individuals it has to be carefully done. You wouldn't want our club account going after individual critics, calling people scummers or having a pop at Watford for sacking their managers all the time. Leave that to the fans.

;