Non - Liz Truss

Got my new energy bill today. Wow.

Granted that the crisis has been driven by events outside our control, but letting the energy companies off scot free AND removing the tax top rate AND removing the cap on wbankers bonus' show its the wealthy that the tories really care about.

Granted that the crisis has been driven by events outside our control, but letting the energy companies off scot free AND removing the tax top rate AND removing the cap on wbankers bonus' show its the wealthy that the tories really care about.

A cost of living crisis that is smashing the poor into the ground and is hurting everyone other than the super rich... and this is how they respond. I just can't wrap my head around it.

This is not some revelation though is it Rob?

This is not some revelation though is it Rob?

Granted that the crisis has been driven by events outside our control, but letting the energy companies off scot free AND removing the tax top rate AND removing the cap on wbankers bonus' show its the wealthy that the tories really care about.[/QUOTE
That’s still 21% of the country that are either millionaires, bankers or a bit dim.
Not sure if or when I’ll be voting for the Conservatives again but safe in the knowledge that I will not be voting Labour

Not sure if or when I’ll be voting for the Conservatives again but safe in the knowledge that I will not be voting Labour
You have captured succinctly the dichotomy that every life-long Conservative (in any jurisdiction) faces right now. Voting for liberal-leaning policies is anathema to us. But it's really hard to like and get behind the party that has represented our views for a very long time, as they all seem to have gone off the rails.

That’s still 21% of the country that are either millionaires, bankers or a bit dim.
What exactly is it that makes you so absolutely certain that you are right and Truss / Kwarteng are wrong? Perhaps you have a very detailed grasp of economics, certainly far more than I do, so what's the issue or issues? Spell it out for me.

;