Non - Liz Truss

Free internet is a great idea. Anyone could start a business and start earning money. I would have thought conservatives would be bang up for it.

have you crunched the numbers?
sounds expensive, unless of course you realise you've got fcuk all chance of winning an election and try to last minute bribe the tik-tokers

have you crunched the numbers?
sounds expensive, unless of course you realise you've got fcuk all chance of winning an election and try to last minute bribe the tik-tokers

Our broadband is dogshit by international standards and we need full fibre. The numbers are £20bn if a public monopoly does it and £32bn if private firms compete to build rival systems.

Do you reckon your broadband now is better in terms of price and quality because of the competition?

Our broadband is dogshit by international standards and we need full fibre. The numbers are £20bn if a public monopoly does it and £32bn if private firms compete to build rival systems.

Do you reckon your broadband now is better in terms of price and quality because of the competition?

I have an old copper BT phone line about 400 yards from a fibre box, still get 67mpb . Who needs more than that ? What are 'international standards' ..US/ Canada, France and spain seem to be the only places of note above us in download speeds. Even Chile apparently but somehow I don't believe that for a second.

I have an old copper BT phone line about 400 yards from a fibre box, still get 67mpb . Who needs more than that ? What are 'international standards' ..US/ Canada, France and spain seem to be the only places of note above us in download speeds. Even Chile apparently but somehow I don't believe that for a second.

I'd ask you the same question.. do you think the broadband you have now is better in terms of price and quality because of the competition?

International standards are things like this..

Fiber-Broadband-by-numbers-0.jpg

It doesn't bear any semblance to real speeds, posted by real people and gathered by real servers. You said we need full fibre, far from it in my experience.

https://www.cable.co.uk/broadband/speed/worldwide-speed-league/

What we need is free broadband so that anyone can start a business, get educated, access key services, etc. etc. without unnecessary barriers that don't give us any benefits. You've dodged the question yet again because the answer is that competition in broadband adds absolutely nothing and simply makes it more expensive.

I've no idea about full fibre, I assume they are right in that we need it to future proof our internet access but I'm no expert. Having said that it seems clear that competing companies proving the service is more expensive and I would assume less efficient.

Well I've shown you the stats to back up my statement in a nice bar chart. You might disagree but my statement still stands.
Albeit a four year old bar chart.

What's a fibre connection? Why is it better than my old Nynex cable connection? I'm no techie, so I have no idea what the advantages would be. Not speed, because the internet works faster than I can think, and live streaming works just fine.

I remember the early seventies, just. British Telecom had a monopoly over telephone lines and it would take 6 months to get a phone installed.

If there was no competition for broadband, would the service be as good as it is now, or would we be nearer the old BT monopoly days? I don't think there is an automatic guarantee that a state-owned monopoly will be as anxious to give the customers what they want, as a collection of profit-making enterprises.

These people are still working in the area, the last para below, especially last two lines may be of interest,

More homes and businesses across Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole (BCP) can now access the best digital connectivity thanks to progress made by CityFibre, the UK’s largest independent full fibre platform, on the district’s new digital infrastructure rollout.

The list of neighbourhoods with access to a live service in Bournemouth is growing, with the latest being Pokesdown and parts of Boscombe, as well as Canford Heath in Poole. CityFibre will be building imminently in Westbourne (Bournemouth), Canford Cliffs (Poole) and Highcliffe (Christchurch) meaning more and more residents will for once have a real choice in terms of the network they use.

The BCP district is one of a growing number of areas in the UK to benefit from CityFibre’s £4bn Gigabit City investment programme which will bring new and better broadband infrastructure within reach of up to eight million homes and businesses nationwide. CityFibre is currently investing £65m to build a future-proof full fibre network across the BCP district. In Bournemouth alone, £30m is being invested to make the town one of the world’s best digitally connected areas.

https://cityfibre.com/news/cityfibr...th-christchurch-and-pooles-full-fibre-rollout

Elitism : not so much a f√cking joke now is it eh ?
...it has its own Pandemic !
It's crept into Football, lodged itself in quite comfortably....more and more and more MONEY piling into the PL clubs....
Money..money....money...money...money !
Money..money..money...money ..money !
Money...money ..money...money...money...Honey !

Austerity eh !

This Sunak eh . ..every move a thousand f√ck -ups....and not just Sunak...they line-up to f√ck -up !

The Government know it's gone from their grasp...you can see from their expressions on the Cabinet benches during PMQ's...dull-eyed staring at the floor...resigned half-grins...nodding when Blackford rants... or the sideways shaking of heads..means the same when it shouldn't !

It's Out of Control big style now....a complete break - down of Law and Order will now outpace all the wobbly 'plans'...and u-turns....its started.. embryonic Civil War/ Revolution ...the behaviour of many young people in towns and villages is becoming quite scary...vandalism of cars and shop fronts has become more frequent in my town....where increased police patrols happened for a short period when Johnson was still PM ..but now we have NO police patrolling streets.
The pubs are full of fucking junkies !
The MP no longer comes in to her 'surgery'...seems she has rapped her hand in...just talks about 'sea' gulls and pigeons in her weekly local newspaper diary...waste of f√cking space..hers and the town's...
Nothing is being sorted....by this Government...just Shifting Sands.....while Hancock will earn 350,000 £√cking squid for keeping Dec and Ant in line for more awards next year.....
..oh and Haaaaalland ...350,000 _£√cking squid for 95 minutes a week.

Damned if I'm going to get negative though...why should I....i've paid Tax without breaks from 1966 and voted for 4 different political parties variably.....and I even sweep the road outside after the Binmen have been....

;