Non - Liz Truss

We are making a lot of changes in our house in preparation for the colder weather. Every chair now has a blanket on it, to be used instead of the heating. Some of the multi bulb lights have had a couple removed. We bought a tiny oil filled radiator from Curry's in a sale for £14 (now £30) which appears very efficient at warming the room we are using. Central Heating radiators in little used rooms are turned off. Extra clothes are already paid for so they can be piled on if we are cold. I'm feeling reasonably confident we can cope with the increases well enough.
Genuine question. In these unprecedented times, When does football become too expensive ? I guess that most season tickets are bought and paid for for 22/23 but if this persists then surely there will be so many having to make Some tough decisions .

Meanwhile… Rupa Huq…
Allowed Starmer another chance to publicly distance himself from the cranks, and flex leadership at conference, on the very day he makes a big pitch for the centre ground. Doubt it was setup to go like that but it was awfully convenient.

Allowed Starmer another chance to publicly distance himself from the cranks, and flex leadership at conference, on the very day he makes a big pitch for the centre ground. Doubt it was setup to go like that but it was awfully convenient.
I know you bat for Liz but if it was such a winner then why didn't Johnson take those opportunities? Or do you only see 'awfully convenient' responses where you wish?

It's reported in several places, almost word for word identical, and it's presumably fake. I doubt you could find any MP stupid enough to put officially in writing that they want a vote of no confidence against a brand new PM, bearing in mind that they know they would probably get the sack from their constituency parties and, if not, get the sack from their electors. No Tory MP is stupid enough to think that sacking Truss will help them win the next election, and no Tory MP is stupid enough to put their name to a document trying to make it happen.

I hope!
A party divided

Rishi Sunak backers have claimed they warned that “Trussonomics” would cause market turmoil amid the aftermath of Kwasi Kwarteng’s mini-Budget.
We warned you about ‘Trussonomics’ turmoil, say Rishi Sunak backers (msn.com)

The Conservative Party’s economic reputation is now in “jeopardy” after Chancellor Kwasi Kwarteng’s mini-Budget caused market turmoil and a run on the pound, a senior Tory said on Monday.
‘I’m in despair: Inside the Tory party meltdown over Kwasi Kwarteng’s budget crisis (msn.com)

I know you bat for Liz but if it was such a winner then why didn't Johnson take those opportunities? Or do you only see 'awfully convenient' responses where you wish?
The only Liz I'd go into bat for was buried last week Rob.

I couldn't vote for Truss tomorrow if there was a vote (I would probably spoil at the moment, but I'm open to being pitched at).

Sunak I could have gone for, as discussed earlier in this very thread I think.

Genuine question. In these unprecedented times, When does football become too expensive ? I guess that most season tickets are bought and paid for for 22/23 but if this persists then surely there will be so many having to make Some tough decisions .
Unable to attend matches for some years due to illness. I suppose it depends on how much the individual spends on themselves out of the household budget. I am a fairly heavy smoker but don't drink so would have to find a way to replace the fags with football if I could attend.

Not a progressive enough Country for proportional representation, too many coalitions will weaken the power base of Dacre, Murdoch et al. They could not allow the dilution of power so will hound any party that should have the temerity to suggest it
WE had a referendum about 10 years ago on introducing an alternative system. The right wing press ran a vitriolic campaign demonising it and it was doomed to failure because, despite what many say, people vote in line with what their favourite paper says. The press were terrified because nobody would have had the Tories as their second choice.

Scapegoat bingo for far left and plo flag.
The person who made the speech has accepted personal responsibility and the consequences.

The new pm adopting the Boris tactic of being invisible when bad news needs explaining.

The IMF have made a statement in a very unusual move. It really is absolutely crazy what these people are doing, almost as if they have deliberately targeted market turmoil. There are certainly some very suspicious vested interests linked to these politicians. Any time there are announcements that shift the markets in a massive way there are always suspicions of insider trading.

The IMF have made a statement in a very unusual move. It really is absolutely crazy what these people are doing, almost as if they have deliberately targeted market turmoil. There are certainly some very suspicious vested interests linked to these politicians. Any time there are announcements that shift the markets in a massive way there are always suspicions of insider trading.

When the IMF tells us our government is shît, you’d think even the most ardent Tory voters would take notice.

Front page news in the telegraph

No page news in the mail and express.

When will the pm find time to write an article for those who supported her?

;