NON Mark Molesley

billythekid

UTC Legend
Another ex player assisting Stephen Purches.

Former AFC Bournemouth player Mark Molesley will work with Stephen Purches within the under-21s set up for the season as an assistant coach.
Molesley, who made 60 appearances for the Cherries between 2008-2013, will coach the club’s under-21s side for the upcoming season after doing so temporarily at the back end of the last campaign.

The 35-year-old is still a player in the game and will be combining the role with his player/coach position at Evo Stik Southern League side Weymouth.

http://www.afcb.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/mark-molesley-afc-bournemouth-assistant-coach-under-21s-3174551.aspx#hyZoS6djqzL4sIjq.99

Regardless of football coaching, it will be a good appointment if he can get the mindset of these youngsters to be the way molesley approached matches

An absolute hero!

Scored THAT goal away against Dagenham which bridged that ridiculous 17 point deduction gap in the old fourth division. :bow:

He can teach them the Molesley turn. When receiving the ball from a throw on, let the ball run across your body and turn away with the ball at your feet. Up there with the Pugh chop. Massively telegraphed, but works every time!

Sacrificed his career for us in my opinion, Played on and on through injury as we had no players

Glad he's even more involved, has a lot he can teach those kids, not least about what the club is and where it came from in recent years

cockbeard - 9/7/2016 10:09

Sacrificed his career for us in my opinion, Played on and on through injury as we had no players

Glad he's even more involved, has a lot he can teach those kids, not least about what the club is and where it came from in recent years

This!!! Huge respect for him - really hopes this works out for both MM and the club

Think I'd only be happy with this if Weymouth was seeded with our youth team otherwise one job will take priority and it's bound to be the senior football.

Thanks for sharing. Very enjoyable listen with one of my all time afcb favourites.Big hope for him as a manager after suffering disappointments with a player. Maybe like Eddie?

Looking back on our most successful managers, a cohort of subsequent afcb managers/coaches have come through the ranks and I would expect the same from some of Eddie’s players.

Thank you very much for posting that.

Very good questions and very good honest answers.

Never say never Mark. Just perhaps one day Mark Moseley as manager and a name that just caught my ear Ryan Gary as assistant. A lot of spirit and class in that combination.

;